PDA

View Full Version : How to be a Golem Merchant?

unseenmage
2017-06-15, 11:25 AM
I only know of a few ways to pass command of a Construct off to someone other than the creator.

- Rod of Construct Control (AaEG)

- Order it to obey someone else, though I've read that this method never truly passes absolute control. And the idea of nesting preprogrammed contingent commands agead of time has also occured to me.

- Have the buyer present at creation and aiding as one of the Construct's creators and abdicate the final or determining act of creation to them so they are the defacto creator/controller.

Are there any methods I am missing?
How would the Playground play a Golem merchant?

noob
2017-06-15, 12:05 PM
Build your clients to be happy with the customer service?

Buufreak
2017-06-15, 12:36 PM
"Thank you for calling golem tech support, this is Peggy, how may I direct your call?"

"Yea, my golem is rampaging and destroying every church in site, is it defective?"

*queue elevator music followed by recording* "Thank you, your call is very important to us, and all inquires are answered in the order they are placed..."

Gildedragon
2017-06-15, 01:22 PM
A couple of show golems/bodyguards; enveloping pit full of almost-finished golems of all sorts (creation time needn't be continuous iirc) the buyer "helps" out the finishing touches, pay, and get their new golem.

------

Alternatively: awakened golem or a warforged carrying a bigass backpack that unfolds into a kiosk. Lots of extradimentional boxes and whatnot to flip open to present the sundry goods.
Possibly an enveloping pit that one sticks up on a wall; right against the opening (on the in side) one builds a stall with a hanging sign.

unseenmage
2017-06-15, 01:26 PM
Just had an idea. Furniture that is crafted as art objects/sculptures that can then be sold as-is or as Animated Objects.

Jowgen
2017-06-15, 07:52 PM
The MIC changed it so that any person that provides one of the crafting prerequesites counts as the item creator (rather than just the one who pays the exp). Via Talismans of Transference, you can have your customers provide a measure of EXP that goes towards the construct creation; so that the construct will obey them. The advantage is that they can give this upon making the comission, but then don't need to be present until it's done and ready for pickup.

Also, for handling the mundane crafting, you'll be wanting an eternal wand of Unseen Crafter.

prototype00
2017-06-15, 08:15 PM
Or you could just make Shield Guardians? The control mechanism comes baked in.

unseenmage
2017-06-16, 11:46 PM
Or you could just make Shield Guardians? The control mechanism comes baked in.

I KNEW I was forgetting a method. Thank you.