PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Looking for a Sorcerer (or any spontaneous caster) feat

Hogsy
2017-06-15, 11:52 AM
Hello Playground,

I saw a feat a long time ago in this forum where a Sorcerer could gain a spell book of sorts and gain the ability to cast as a prepared caster if he so chooses. If I remember correctly, it was mainly meant for metamagic reasons, but it would also increase his spells known. I'm not sure though. I've been looking in these forums and the general web all day and couldn't find it. I thought it was Arcane Preparation at first, but that's not it. Unless they errata'd it?

Anyway, I have no idea what its name is, or where it is from. It could even be 3.0 material for all I know. The gist of it is that it allows the Sorcerer to cast as a prepared caster through a spell book. Whether it turns them into a prepared caster altogether, or simply grants some spell slots per day for that purpose is beyond me.

Thanks a lot for any answers you may provide and thanks for reading.

noob
2017-06-15, 12:04 PM
The feat that allows to prepare his spells as a sorcerer do not gives him a spellbook but you can also take magical training and then can place all the spells you want into it and have them known by interpreting the rules in a weird way and then cast spells from a spellbook.

ATHATH
2017-06-15, 01:10 PM
It's called Arcane Preparation, IIRC.

On a side note, being able to cast prepared spells will let you use Corrupt and Sanctified spells (provided that you're of the right alignment, of course).

Malacandra
2017-06-15, 03:05 PM
No, Arcane Preparation (splatbook) just allows you to prepare some slots to hold metamagicked spells, no book involved. The spell so prepared can then be cast as a standard action (in exchange for having committed some of your slots in advance).

You can use a book, or a scroll collection, in conjunction with a mnemonic vestment, which allows you to treat any spell from a written source in your possession as though it were a known spell, once per day - you provide the slot to cast it from just as you would any other known spell. You can similarly use written sources to teach a spell to a ring of spell knowledge, which then allows you to use whatever's in the ring as a known spell. The vestment lets you use any spell of a level you can cast, on the fly, but once a day. The ring lets you have a switchable "known spell", but is level-restricted according to how good the ring is.

noob
2017-06-15, 03:22 PM
According to some cheese elementals you can get more spell known by writing in a magical training spellbook and then prepare spells from it with arcane preparation since it do not says that you have to prepare spells known of your own class in your slots.