PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Upcasting Contingency

Ruebin Rybnik
2017-06-15, 12:06 PM
So i was just reading through spells today and when i got to Contingency i had a thought. A lot of spells allow for upcasting. Do you guys thing it would be a bad idea to allow a player to upcast Contingency? ie cast at 9th level and contingency an 8th level spell. They would still have to abide by the rest of the rules for contingency just at a higher level.

PS What about some other spells that don't naturally have upcasting?

Sariel Vailo
2017-06-15, 01:57 PM
So i was just reading through spells today and when i got to Contingency i had a thought. A lot of spells allow for upcasting. Do you guys thing it would be a bad idea to allow a player to upcast Contingency? ie cast at 9th level and contingency an 8th level spell. They would still have to abide by the rest of the rules for contingency just at a higher level.

PS What about some other spells that don't naturally have upcasting? my dm let me he um let juat say clever people multiple rests alot of contingencies were made few were used.and fewer brought forth fruit.

CapnZapp
2018-12-20, 01:47 PM
Evil archmage NPCs should definitely be able to do this.

darknite
2018-12-20, 01:53 PM
Evil archmage NPCs should definitely be able to do this.

There's a major PC in a recent high level AL interactive that had a Contingency Invulnerability. Cheese! :)

nickl_2000
2018-12-20, 01:55 PM
There's a major PC in a recent high level AL interactive that had a Contingency Invulnerability. Cheese! :)

PC or NPC? Because NPCs are allowed to break the rules!

darknite
2018-12-20, 01:56 PM
PC or NPC? Because NPCs are allowed to break the rules!

Yikes - NPC!