PDA

View Full Version : D&D Lich

Balkash
2007-08-04, 01:56 PM
Ok, so in the monster manual for 3.5 (im pretty sure its 3.5), the template for a lich says that is must be any evil alignment. Yet, when i researched it, i found that Archliches are good liches, and that liches can be good (though it is very hard to keep good alignment since becoming a lich is a very evil thing) and usually good liches became such due to a need for revenge or to finish some quest in they didnt in life. well ive got a lich character, and even before i knew i might be able to be my old alignment (Chaotic Neutral), he became a lich so that he could topple this ruler and not have to rush or worry. so basically my question is can anyone tell me, for sure, if a 3.5 edition lich possibly not be evil?

Green Bean
2007-08-04, 02:03 PM
The core lich for 3.5 is always evil. However, in various splatbooks and setting-specific manuals you can find both rules for good-aligned lich-like undead, and the occasional good aligned lich.

Spacefrog
2007-08-04, 02:08 PM
With your DM's permission, your lich could bend the rules.

Balkash
2007-08-04, 02:10 PM
Alright. thanks, i just wanted to make sure.

Jimp
2007-08-04, 02:12 PM
There's info on good liches in BoED and I think some one of the Forgotten Realms books. I'm away from books at the moment though so I can't check.

TheOOB
2007-08-04, 02:30 PM
My thoughts usually work like this. The process to become a lich is unspeakably evil, to the point where only a very evil person would attempt it. That said liches live forever unless killed, and after 200 years alignment drift is possible.

Ponce
2007-08-04, 02:46 PM
There's info on good and neutral Liches in Libris Mortis.