PDA

View Full Version : Cityscape

BardicDuelist
2007-08-04, 02:45 PM
Due to my love of swashbuckling intrigues, I find myself interested in DMing urban campaigns quite often. The fact that I prefer to create a centerlized location rather than a whole world makes this even more so. I was thinking of buying Cityscape, which I borrowed from a friend a while back, but now that friend has gone back to college and so I do not have access to the book. I was wondering what everyone thought of it.

Emperor Tippy
2007-08-04, 02:55 PM
Nerf Invisible Spell.

It was/is ok, not great, not worth whatever they are charging for it, but still ok.

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2007-08-04, 02:59 PM
I bought it, and thought it was really great. it gives a lot of useful info on creating a living, breathing city (Aleit with slightly bad breath), and is certainly worth it for a DM like you.

psychoticbarber
2007-08-04, 03:44 PM
I've got a copy of a book called City Works (Legends and Lairs) that's also pretty good, especially for the building aspect of the city. (I mean building the city).

ArmorArmadillo
2007-08-04, 04:25 PM
I liked it. It's not really a Player book, but it has a lot of good insights for DMs working in that kind of environment.

Thurbane
2007-08-04, 05:43 PM
I traded in my copies of Tome of Battle and Magic of Incarnum on copies of Cityscpe and Dungeonscape. I have enjoyed them both, especially Cityscape. Good resource for urban adventuring.

RandomNPC
2007-08-04, 06:58 PM
i found one readthough is good enough for everything except spell refrences and the like, but it gives some decent ideas as to what cities are all about.

Zeta Kai
2007-08-04, 09:26 PM
I love Cityscape to death. It's my second-favorite book, after Heroes of Battle. It's even better than Stormwrack, IMO. Great design suggestions covering everything one needs for a specific environment. AA is right, though; there is little for a player to use. It's mostly a DM tool.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-08-04, 09:59 PM
i dont have a real oppioning other than it sounds like a good idea, and if you do it on the boards id like to try my hand at a swash/binder.

Kizara
2007-08-04, 11:35 PM
I have it, I think it is a useful reasource.

Nothing unbelievably insightful, but it is a useful DMing tool.

As for players, I rather like the Crimson Scourge.