PDA

View Full Version : Mecha Crusade: Any support?

Callos_DeTerran
2007-08-04, 02:48 PM
This is a very...odd thing to ask in a generally D&D forum but has there been any support for the Mecha Crusade game rules provided in Dungeon Magazine? Has anyone home-brewed up weapons or mechas from it? Is there anymore official content for it? (Would love to find a source-book for it)

Seriously. I love the idea of controlling a giant mecha about as much as I do being an epic wizard and I would desperately love to see that people have supported this paragon of geekery. Or should I be looking at the d20 futuristic setting books for this? (Something I don't want to go out and actually buy since I'll never use the books IRL)

NEO|Phyte
2007-08-04, 02:54 PM
Can't say I've even heard of Mecha crusade before, so I can't help you there.

I can, however, inform you that the d20 Modern/Future mecha rules are OGL, and thus downloadable for free from Wizards (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd).

PsyBlade
2007-08-04, 03:46 PM
BESM D20 has mecha in it. Heck, one of it's classes has the Own a Big Mecha (OBM) feat in it (and gets a total of 6 ranks by level 20). Another class, well check the name (and be mindful it isn't necessary): Sentai, as in Super Sentai, the sensation that created the Power Rangers.

And I would be interested in playing a mecha campaign.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-08-04, 03:58 PM
Huh...apparently the d20 rules are very similiar to the Mecha Crusade ones except that Mecha Crusade has a different setting and relies more heavily on mecha while d20 has more equipment in general (mecha or otherwise) and other things thrown in as well that much up the whole thing.

Overlord
2007-08-04, 05:13 PM
Huh...apparently the d20 rules are very similiar to the Mecha Crusade ones except that Mecha Crusade has a different setting and relies more heavily on mecha while d20 has more equipment in general (mecha or otherwise) and other things thrown in as well that much up the whole thing.

Ah!

I know what you're talking about.

Yes, the rules for Mecha Crusade and d20 Future robots are very similar. And since Mecha Crusade came out before d20 Future, I'm pretty sure they based d20 Future mecha off of Mecha Crusade.

However, I like the way Mecha Crusade works off of build points rather than a purchase DC, and the setting is great.

However, I do think that d20 Mecha (http://guardiansorder.com/games/d20/) is superior, if your GM pays attention and doesn't allow the occasional OP mech to slip through. The d20 mecha system works off off a build points system as well, and the Mecha Crusade setting works perfectly with any other kind of mecha rules system; d20 mecha is compatible with all d20 games, so the transition would be seamless.

Matthew
2007-08-06, 02:08 PM
I'm pretty interested in this. I downloaded the errata for the True20 Mecha versus Kaiju the other day, which also looked interesting.