PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Combat

alex1g
2017-06-16, 06:34 AM
Fast question of mounted combat. Are these the correct steps for mounted combat?
1. make a DC 20 ride check
2. move your mount to set place
3. make a DC 5 ride to take a standard action.
What if mount takes damage, does the pc makes DC to stay on mount. example horse takes 15 damage, should have make a DC check 15 plus something to stay on the mount.
What if player is on flying dragon? Should the DC be higher than 20?

The_Jette
2017-06-16, 09:16 AM
You only have to make the DC 15 check if your mount dies, and then only to land without taking damage. Also, it should be pointed out that the rider should take the Mounted Combat feat, if he's planning on going the route of mounted combat. That allows you to make a Ride check once per round to negate an attack against your mount. If your Ride check is higher than the Attack roll, the attack is negated.

Deaxsa
2017-06-16, 11:42 AM
You only have to make the DC 15 check if your mount dies, and then only to land without taking damage. Also, it should be pointed out that the rider should take the Mounted Combat feat, if he's planning on going the route of mounted combat. That allows you to make a Ride check once per round to negate an attack against your mount. If your Ride check is higher than the Attack roll, the attack is negated.

But only if the DM realizes the mount is a thing that can be attacked. In my most recent game the only damage my mount has taken has been from aoe. This has been a waste of a feat for me.