PDA

View Full Version : Jump Feats

SITB
2007-08-04, 03:11 PM
I'm about to play a Barbarian in a 8th level campaign and I'm interested in feats which relay on my jumping skill. Could someone please list some helpfull feats in here, preferably with the book from which they came ?

If the feat is part of a tree please write the tree as well, although I'd prefer feats that aren't part of a feat tree or a small one at least.

All feats with explantion of course.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew
2007-08-04, 03:14 PM
What do you already have? A synopsis of your current build would be very helpful.

Leap Attack (Complete Adventurer) is fairly standard, in which case you want to be looking at Shock Trooper (Complete Warrior) as well. Basically they provide additional AB and DB on a Charge.

Iku Rex
2007-08-04, 03:15 PM
Which books do you have?

Penguinizer
2007-08-04, 03:15 PM
If I remember right. There is a feat in the PHB2 that gives you a +5 on jump checks and removes the penalty for not having a running start.

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2007-08-04, 03:24 PM
Leap of the Heavens.

SITB
2007-08-04, 03:29 PM
I have access to:
Complete Divine/Arcane/Warrior/Adventurer.
Frostburn
Races of Destiny/Stone/Wild
PHB II
and of course the DMG & PHB

I can alter my feats because we only had one session yet so my current build doesn't matter.

I would like to see some feats which my enchance my jumping abilitys not only by sheer numbers. Jumping above/on foes seems interesting.

Thanks.

Penguinizer
2007-08-04, 03:36 PM
Hmm...

I don't think there are feats for jumping on enemies, the closest I can think is some Tiger Claw maneuvers from the Tome of Battle.

Behold_the_Void
2007-08-04, 03:42 PM
It's a shame you can't use Tome of Battle, Tiger Claw Warblade would work pretty well for you.

Leap of the Clouds and Leap Attack are the two that most readily spring to mind. The former enhances your jumping ability and lets you jump without having to take a running start (pretty helpful if you're hopping around during battle). Leap Attack gives you a 2:1 ratio on one-handed weapon power attacking if you jump while making the attack, and a 3:1 ratio for two-handed weapons (which you should be using anyway since you're a barbarian) and is the standard of most damage builds anyway.

Beyond that, not much that I can think of.

ArmorArmadillo
2007-08-04, 04:23 PM
Unfortunately, "relying" on jump skill is relatively absent. Even feats like "leap attack" only really require you making a relatively easy jump DC to get the whole bonus. Actually getting a bonus for jumping really high is rare.

You didn't mention having access to it, but there's an unfortunately difficult to qualify for feat in Cityscape called Roof Jumper, which gives you 1d6 for every 10 feet you drop on an opponent. Of course, that still requires a jump check of 40 to do 1d6 extra damage.

Of course, start from a 30 ft. height advantage, and with a jump check you can almost deal the opponent as much damage as you'll be taking from the fall.

Kioran
2007-08-04, 06:23 PM
Jumping might just be the one and only thing Monks do a lot better then any other class, by virtue of their insane speed. For barbarian? Armor yourself lightly, get yourself boots of striding and springing and a ring of jump, maybe even add Skill Focus: jump, but I donŽt think youŽll be getting much mileage out of it anyway.....

AtomicKitKat
2007-08-04, 06:52 PM
Battle Jump from Unapproachable East lets you land on opponents for bonus damage, if you can be 10 feet above them first(Leap Attack should work well enough with that). Complete Warrior has the fairly useless "Eagle's School" Tactical Feat or somesuch, and one of the tactics is to jump on opponents to knock them prone(if you fail, you're the one who's prone).