PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming IC

RickAllison
2017-06-16, 08:36 AM
One week ago, you all returned from your salvage expedition aboard the Nevermore, which had been away for just over two years. Instead of fanfare and feasts, you were greeted by silence and a lack of any friends or family meeting you in port. This was understandably odd, but things had seemed to resume being normal afterwards. Your families and homes were just as you would expect them to be after two years, except for one quirk: no one seems to remember that the Nevermore left at all.

That is apparently why no one greeted the ship's return, as it was unknown to the population of Brassmill. They thought you were coming in on the Fleetfoot a week later. Your ship was supposed to be lashed to the docks, kept for its captain's use while she was otherwise occupied.

Six days have passed from your arrival back home when you each hear the intercom system of the city ring out with the voice of the leader of the floating city, Prince Caiffren: People of Bahamut, I am happy to announce that after many years of consideration, I am officially wedding Abigail of Brassmill. For too long have communities like Brassmill formed an integral part of our city, but are treated as beneath those districts with fairer walls and features. By wedding this pillar of this industrial district, their concerns will be at the forefront of our fair city's considerations. This is wonderful news for you all, as you have served under the young Abigail for the two years you were away. My bride-to-be has a few words she would like to share!

Bahamutans, I swear that together with my darling prince, we will bring a new day to our fair city, and maybe to the world at large! The message rings hollow for each of you, as the voice you hear sounds nothing like Abigail. You've heard her barking orders for two years, and this flighty, high-pitched voice sounds nothing like your captain. Something is wrong, and you seem to be the only one who knows that. When you meet in the Silver Note for a customary drink with your fellow adventurers, the feeling seems to be mutual.

Finally posted! Sorry about the delay, but life is hectic. We have a standard "You meet in a tavern"
start, but it makes sense as a place where all of you would come together. If you have any questions about how the city is structured, or about potential leads to follow, feel free to post them in an OOC spoiler and I will answer them.

JbeJ275
2017-06-16, 08:47 AM
Thrasz is sitting in the bar with a plate of cooked fish. This pompous prince brings madness to our ship, I hope I shall not endure it for to long before returning to the waves.

Aardvark 001
2017-06-16, 10:43 AM
If we ever do, Mogara growls. With the captain getting married I don't know if there will even be any more sailing for the Nevermore.

Leucis
2017-06-16, 11:17 AM
Jorvyn frowns. It didn't even sound like Abigail, though. Do - do you think she's okay? He fidgets with his food and glances around at the others, worried. She never even said anything...This smells fishy.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-16, 09:02 PM
Blastigar is busy working on Arms and says absentmindedly only one way to find out. We should go see her.

JbeJ275
2017-06-17, 01:49 PM
And just how do you propose we do that? She is gaurded and we are less familiar to this ship's occupants than almost anyone else.

Aardvark 001
2017-06-17, 02:04 PM
Even so, Mogara says, I agree with Blastigar. We owe it to the captain. Perhaps if we made some discreet enquiries... She looks around at the rest of the tavern's occupants.

Just looking around the place to see who's around. Perception check if required: [roll0]

RickAllison
2017-06-17, 02:22 PM
Mogara sees the standard patrons of such an establishment, working-class men and women just looking to unwind after a difficult day at work. There does appear to be one shady individual, sitting apart from everyone, obscured in a cloak, and with their hand tucked into the cloak as if holding a weapon...

Aardvark 001
2017-06-17, 04:42 PM
Mogara turns back to her drink. Maybe the person with the dark cloak might be able to give us a clue. She puts a hand into her own coat and feels the reassuring coolness of her wand. How about we go see if we can get some. And let's not wreck Delvin's bar too badly this time.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-17, 08:18 PM
Blastigar moves his arms and legs and fingers and toes. Blastigar hadn't been able to maintain Arms as well as he should during the two years missing and he hadn't slept a wink just kept working til just right now. Arms mimics his motion and seems a bit clucky. Blast thought I had it this time maybe a little grease here and maybe loosen his gyroscope a bit. We aren't unfamiliar to these occupants it seems they just don't think we went anywhere so What's the worst that could happen if we just ask? We still are her crew right? Maybe if I rewire this here oh yes this seems a bit fried that may have to wait. Anyways that fellow over there seems like he may know something maybe something odd is happening to him too.

Leucis
2017-06-17, 09:14 PM
He glances at the figure Mogara pointed out. Well, whatever you think. I'm not sure why you believe that they have anything to do with it, but since we've otherwise got nothing else, and they look pretty shady... He shrugs.

Jorvyn takes a look at Blastigar. You've got a point, it can't hurt to ask. Let's do that in a bit!

zylodrizzt
2017-06-18, 10:21 PM
Time to solve this mystery.
The shortest distance between two points is a straight line So I'll go talk to him. Arms. Arms picks up the goblin placing him on its back where the goblin rests comfortably. Arms reaches up grabbing at the rafters and monkey bars over to the figure. Hanging there he says would you mind speaking to me and my companions at your table here?

RickAllison
2017-06-18, 11:36 PM
In a gravelly, female voice, you hear, ..... Go. Away. Her hand appears to move under her cloak.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-18, 11:44 PM
what is wrong? Have you been expieriencing anything unusual? Is that why you wish to be alone? We have as well maybe we could help each other.

Insight [roll0]
Persuasion [roll1]

Hope my rolls match my role lol

RickAllison
2017-06-19, 12:08 AM
Yes. A weird golem is bothering me while I drink. Her hand reaches out from her robe... and is empty, reaching out for her mug of ale. She tucks it back in her robe. You have noticed that her other hand is hidden somewhere.

She seems to be pretty honest. By what you can read, her problem is with you bothering her and nothing more.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-19, 11:58 AM
My apologies mam. I'll not bother you further. Just let me know please if you start expieriencing non golem related unusualness. with that arms swings them back to the table. I suggest we watch her close and follow her when she leaves.

Aardvark 001
2017-06-20, 06:19 AM
Mogara snorts. Is not easy to read bovine expressions, but it's pretty clear she's annoyed and impatient. The woman is definitely hiding something, and Mogara doesn't like it. And what it she stays here till nightfall? We stay here till then? She shakes her head. Very well then. She gets up. I'll get the next round, I suppose.

She gets up and walks over to Delvin at the bar. One more round, She says. Who's that woman in the cloak, by the way? Haven't seen her around here before.

RickAllison
2017-06-20, 11:30 AM
Never seen her before in here. Or at least in the full get-up. Maybe she just has been less conspicuous before. Still, she pays so she drinks. Devlin shivers a little bit. Sure is colder in this part of the world. Why couldn't the Manastream take us to warmer weather...

Aardvark 001
2017-06-22, 04:02 AM
I'll be sure to ask it the next time we talk, Mogara jokes, taking the drinks. In spite of her humour, she's worried. Cold weather means minotaurs, and minotaurs means pirates.

By the way, what's your stance on fingering concealed weapons in your bar? Because I don't think that's a pet rabbit she has under that cloak of hers

RickAllison
2017-06-22, 05:23 AM
If it doesn't escalate to a fight, I don't really care. Some of my best customers are rather paranoid! He chats a bit more, when the mystery woman lays down some coins and stands up to leave. You can see the curve of her left arm inside the cloak, and it appears to be holding something. She leaves the bar and heads down a little-used alley...

Leucis
2017-06-22, 06:40 AM
Jorvyn takes note of this, standing up to leave. I kind of want to see where they're going, if anyone wants to come with me? They definitely look suspicious. Even if not, we should go find Abigail anyway... Better sooner than later. He looks around at the table, not intending to leave alone if none of the rest of the party ended up wanting to go.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-22, 06:46 AM
My thoughts exactly. Arms and I will take the rooftops.

Aardvark 001
2017-06-22, 07:43 AM
Mogara sighs. I think we'll hold those drinks for now, She tells Delvin. She's goes back to her friends. I'm not particularly stealthy and the rooftops will hardly hold my weight.
Still, nobody knows these streets better than I do, I suppose. Let us go then.

JbeJ275
2017-06-22, 07:46 AM
If we must spend time following this let me bring ease to this endeavour

With this Thranz casts Hunters Mark on the figure we are set to follow.

RickAllison
2017-06-22, 09:25 AM
You all follow the mysterious stranger trough the winding streets of the city, though this person seems to know many secret paths and you may find it difficult to keep up.

There are a few paths you might take. Choose whichever path you like, and then follow the instructions. If you wish to take a path I haven't listed thanks to magical items or spells, tell me before you look at the options' mechanics.

Leaping from roof to roof, it is far easier to tail your target so long as they do not look up. Instead, you have a much more physically difficult route to travel, requiring both athleticism and balance. Roll Athletics, Acrobatics, and Stealth checks.

Shadowing is the standard method for following targets, and requires far more subtlety and awareness of the target than physical prowess. Make Stealth, Insight, and Survival checks.

Reserved for future options.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-26, 12:40 PM
good job arms

RickAllison
2017-06-26, 09:12 PM
The mysterious woman walks slowly for quite some time, just strolling through back streets. Then she speeds up. Her hood looks back while running and it is clear that she has made someone following her. She ducks into a covered doorway and seems to have disappeared. Nothing seems off at first glance, but Mogara notices freshly disturbed dirt along with a small hole at the bottom of the door.

Aardvark 001
2017-06-27, 04:54 PM
Tunnel! Mogara growls, rushing to the door.
There must be a trapdoor here. See that dirt?

Checking for what the dirt could be from
Perception [roll0]
Investigation [roll1]

RickAllison
2017-06-27, 05:39 PM
There doesn't appear to be a trapdoor to Mogara's eyes, but there is a layer of dirt covering the stoop.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-27, 07:39 PM
I believe we have a few options here. One give up the chase try again later. She obviously has something to hide. We could ask around. We could go talk to abagail. Dislike that option. Two send a very small creature through that hole. Like that option less risk to us. Three bust down the door and find her. Dislike that option cause what if it's nothing. Fourth of anyone can detect the presence of magic see if there is any here to go off of. If we choose to pursue let is get to it before she gets to far away.

JbeJ275
2017-06-30, 08:09 PM
I say we send a small creature to scout.

zylodrizzt
2017-07-08, 08:59 PM
Becoming impatient blastigar signals to arms to bust the door knob through with a mighty punch.

RickAllison
2017-07-08, 09:28 PM
The door cannot stand to the powerful punch of Arms, with the door's jamb ripping through the frame and the top hinge breaking. You see and hear small vermin scurrying across the floor, but the woman is nowhere to be found. There is a staircase leading up, but the stairs are all broken down. There is no other door leading out of this large area, but there are two boarded-up windows.

zylodrizzt
2017-07-08, 10:51 PM
Empty. Well if you guys want to check down here in sure me and arms can climb up to the second floor. Maybe we can help another one of you up there too? Jorvyn? Can't be sure that she didnt change form and scurry based on how we caught up to her and how the door was locked and the hole at the bottom suggests she changed into a rodent. he begins looking around waiting briefly before heading up stairs with possible companions.

Leucis
2017-07-20, 08:18 AM
Jorvyn looks inside the room, perhaps looking for something hiding or signs of an escape that was covered up. He glances up the stairs as he inspects the area, wondering if the woman broke them intentionally.

She's a sneaky one, he mutters to himself.

RickAllison
2017-07-20, 09:38 AM
Jorvyn's keen eyes notice one thing in particular about this room: a thick layer of dust covers everything, but no human footsteps exist beyond the few that your company has made. There is an awkward set of animal prints leading from the door under the stairs, however...

Leucis
2017-07-21, 08:23 AM
He points out the prints to the others There's some animal prints - looks like she did turn into a rodent or something. It looks like you were right... Someone should check under the stairs!

He waits for someone else to look, not willing to kneel down in the dust.

zylodrizzt
2017-07-21, 11:18 AM
arms go see if you can see anything. If you can't we might have to make the hole bigger. with that arms lays on the ground single eye adjusting to light and distance spinning its lenses. It begins peering through the cracks