PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Need a Name for an Android Warpriest

Archpaladin Zousha
2017-06-16, 10:18 AM
I'm building an Android Warpriest for Iron Gods and I'm struggling to come up with a name for him.

What I was interested in doing was him appropriating a nickname or something as his name, similar to how Samurai Jack received his name (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9_FXiSIC0), but I'm struggling to think of something original.

He's a Warpriest of Iomedae, specifically, and his backstory is that the first people he encountered after he "awakened" was a group of crusaders on their way to Mendev, and one of them was a paladin. They took him under their wing as they travelled, but were ambushed by agents of the Technic League, who massacred the group except for the Android. The paladin threw himself at the enemy and yelled for the Android to run, sacrificing his life. When the Android reached civilization he dedicated himself to the Inheritor's faith and vowed to avenge his friends by taking down the Technic League once and for all.

I'm not sure what kinds of nicknames the paladin or the other crusaders could have given him that he could adopt as a given name. Anyone with more experience with this sort of thing have any suggestions, please? Thank you all in advance.

Waker
2017-06-16, 10:59 AM
Hearing about how he was inspired to faith by the sacrifices of his friends makes me think of names like Remembrance or Memorum. How about you name him after some features of the environment they found him in? For example, one of the meanings for Allen is "stone", or Ash (assuming ash trees are around) or some other similar thing.

Archpaladin Zousha
2017-06-17, 10:41 AM
Thank you, Waker! :smallsmile:

I was struck by a bit of an idea...what if I take a cue from Robinson Crusoe and had the crusaders name him after the day of the week they found him? I don't know if Fireday is the best, since it's the Golarion equivalent of Friday, and thus may be straying TOO close to the source material, but it also sounds similar to "Faraday," like Faraday cages, which he shares a similar purpose with trying to protect people from the Technic League!

Other days that I'm looking at are Oathday and Starday. What do you fine folks think? :smallsmile:

Waker
2017-06-17, 11:14 AM
I would suggest either dropping the -day portion or at least part of it. So if he was found on Oathday he would be named Oath or you could change Fireday to Farad. As a bit of extra information, Farad would give you the same thing as Faraday without being as likely for your players to recognize.
The farad (symbol: F) is the SI derived unit of electrical capacitance, the ability of a body to store an electrical charge. It is named after the English physicist Michael Faraday.

Gildedragon
2017-06-17, 12:31 PM
Farad is pretty great as a name

Record or just Recor or Cord could also work

Depending on how humanlike the android looks: Steelskin, Brett (short for breastplate)

Deophaun
2017-06-17, 12:55 PM
Iolloloo. Actually, it's just a misreading of the binary serial number on the outside of his pod: 10110100.

Archpaladin Zousha
2017-06-19, 03:01 PM
Thank you for all your clever (and funny!) suggestions! I've ultimately decided on Fireday, and am now completing his backstory as we speak. Again, thank you all! You were all helpful and inspiring! :smallsmile:

Hackulator
2017-06-19, 04:00 PM
You should make an android ubercharger named RAM.