PDA

View Full Version : no save, no sr divine spells

Baby Gary
2017-06-16, 05:04 PM
Hi all, I am looking for a cleric spell that is damaging but has no save or SR. any level is fine (non epic though) but lower is way better. thanks!

Thurbane
2017-06-16, 06:36 PM
Unless I'm missing any, I can literally only find one: Damning Darkness (BoVD p.89): Cleric 4; 2d6/round to Good creatures, 1d6/round to Neutral creatures.

ben-zayb
2017-06-16, 07:20 PM
Summon Monster line
Planar Ally line
Animate Dead
Create Undead line

Edit: For a more conventional answer, Holy Star from SpC uses your attacks/iterative, but is otherwise no save, no sr. Persist it for optimal use!

logic_error
2017-06-16, 07:26 PM
Summon Monster line
Planar Ally line
Animate Dead
Create Undead line

"I can't beat you myself, but I can phone a friend who will" thinking out of the box solution. Kudos.

nolongerchaos
2017-06-16, 08:34 PM
Well there's terrible, terrible Death Throes from Planar Handbook, (Un)Holy Storm, also Planar Handbook, Ravenous Darkness from Complete Champion, Mark of Doom from PH 2, and Stormrage from Complete Divine.
I'm sure there's a few more out there, but that's what I've got for now.

TheFurith
2017-06-17, 02:55 AM
If you're evil and like devils Hellfire is an option. If not, I have no idea.

Oddly that's the second time tonight I've suggested that spell....

Hiro Quester
2017-06-17, 10:51 AM
Or I can summon weather or similar effects to do it for me: Control Weather, Control Winds.

Or summon things. Stone Storm (SS) has no save no SR stones hailing down for 3d6 bludgeoning and 3d6 slashing damage (DR only applies to the latter).

Constricting chains (BoED; a sanctified rather than divine spell, though) is no Save no SR, entangles the target, and does 3d6 nonlethal damage each round, and half damage done to chains is done to target. Requires a DC32 Str or DC40 EA check to break out.

Fire in the blood (HofH) does a small amount of damage (no save no SR) to anyone who harms you.

Frostfell has a save, and SR applies debatably, but even if you make the save you take serious damage.
It turns 20ft square/level very cold, and turns all targets in the area to ice if they fail the save, and still does up to 20D6 damage if they make the save.
SR applies, debatably. The list at the top says "Spell Resistance: see text" but the text makes no mention of SR. Most DM's I have played with rule that spell resistance applies to the popsicle/20d6 damage, but not to the effects of the area becoming cold.