PDA

View Full Version : Any template to turn an Abberation into an animal, humanoid, plant, or vermin?

AzraelCorvo
2017-06-16, 11:01 PM
Before I begin in earnest I would like to officially say hello to everyone, I'm a long time forum lurker and this is my first post on the site after discovering it a couple years ago. I'd also like to preface my question with a bit of an explanation for my current predicament. I like to create new characters every now and then, separate from an actual campaign, as a creative exercise and am trying to find a way to make a Symbiotic Creature using a Cloaker and as little DM fiat as possible. I'm trying to think with both the mindset of the player trying to create something interesting, and also the mindset of a DM trying to keep things reasonable. The wall I've hit is that in order for the template to work both creatures need to be an animal, humanoid, plant, or vermin, and the guest needs to be at least two size categories smaller than the host. I think I can figure out the size thing, but I'm not sure what I can do to make a Cloaker work for this template. I just wanna be a guy with a living, homicidal cloak.

Nifft
2017-06-16, 11:04 PM
You can turn an Aberration into a Plant using the Wood Element Creature template (from the 3.0e Planar Handbook, updated to 3.5e by their update booklet thingy).

AzraelCorvo
2017-06-16, 11:14 PM
Ok so as long as it doesn't exist in a world with an elemental plane of wood, then it becomes a plant. That works pretty well, now I just need to deal with the size differences. Which should be easy.

Though now I'm wondering what a Wood Element Cloaker would look like.

Nifft
2017-06-16, 11:32 PM
Though now I'm wondering what a Wood Element Cloaker would look like.

A very large, very angry leaf.