PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Optional Feats and AL

ZorroGames
2017-06-17, 06:50 AM
Only two games under my belt starting anew in D&D but I was wondering if AL games forbid or allowed feats by guidelines/rules.

A Halfling Rogue used Lucky a lot in the game I played this week but not being up to date on anything but - and barely at that - Human/Dwarf/Elf/Half (Elf or Orc)/Gnome currently and AFB I was unsure today if it was "something uniquely Halfling" or a feat.

Arkhios
2017-06-17, 07:41 AM
Only two games under my belt starting anew in D&D but I was wondering if AL games forbid or allowed feats by guidelines/rules.

A Halfling Rogue used Lucky a lot in the game I played this week but not being up to date on anything but - and barely at that - Human/Dwarf/Elf/Half (Elf or Orc)/Gnome currently and AFB I was unsure today if it was "something uniquely Halfling" or a feat.

Halflings have a racial trait, Lucky:

When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.

It gets a bit confusing since there is also the Lucky feat, which is a bit different.

ZorroGames
2017-06-17, 08:01 AM
Halflings have a racial trait, Lucky:

When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.

It gets a bit confusing since there is also the Lucky feat, which is a bit different.

Same name, different skill. Okay, that should have been addressed in Editing.

So can a halfling take the feat too? Seems like a choice. Not sure how those interact...

Look it up later.

PloxBox
2017-06-17, 08:06 AM
Yes, halfling could pick up the Lucky feat. If they go portent wizard, they get to play with ALL the dice.

mgshamster
2017-06-17, 08:08 AM
Yes, AL allows feats.

There's a free players guide, here (http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/AL_PH_SKT.pdf), that you can check for any rules.

ZorroGames
2017-06-17, 09:10 AM
Yes, AL allows feats.

There's a free players guide, here (http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/AL_PH_SKT.pdf), that you can check for any rules.

Very helpful, gracias.

Socratov
2017-06-17, 11:42 AM
Yes, halfling could pick up the Lucky feat. If they go portent wizard, they get to play with ALL the dice.

You forgot about Lorebard for bardic inspiration and cutting words...

PloxBox
2017-06-17, 12:14 PM
You forgot about Lorebard for bardic inspiration and cutting words...

Damn, you're right. Curse my lack of sleep