PDA

View Full Version : commoner diplomat

Baby Gary
2017-06-18, 09:40 AM
I have a simple question, how do you make a level 1 commoner a diplomancer? (this character is in an e6 commoner campaign). I have 2 flaws and 1 trait to work with, however I can't use dragon magazine. I was thinking being a half-elf with the polite trait, skill focus diplomacy, complementary insight, and another feat. On the topic of feats is there a feat that allows a certain number of skills to be class skills?

Inevitability
2017-06-18, 10:31 AM
There's not a feat, though in your case the Aereni Focus feat should help. It gives +3 diplomacy and makes it a class skill as well, for a total +5 bonus compared to someone who doesn't take the feat.

Gildedragon
2017-06-18, 10:35 AM
Race: aasimar or human or tibbit
Feats: nymph's kiss (a must), Apprentice: Performer or Martial Study: White Raven (getting it as a class skill is handier than a +2 bonus) (edit: Aereni Focus also makes a ton of sense if you want to be elven), you might want a feat to give you Kn Noble or Bluff or Sense motive as class skills (I recommend bluff)
Skilled City Dweller ACF to swap Handle Animal for Gather Information
Traits: Polite or Honest (partial to polite so... yeah) or Iliterate (Diplomacy)
Flaws: either shaky or noncombatant, and inattentive or vulnerable (or if you picked shaky: murky eyed)

If you go Tibbit (Dragon Compendium) slap on the Academy Graduate feat (Savage Tide, gives 3 cha or Int skills as class skills) to get Bluff, Diplo and Handle Humanoid as class skills; handle humanoid is Fan-flumphing-tastic
You could use any other Any skill learning feat to get Handle Humanoid if you're a tibbit

If human:
Nymphs Kiss, <Diplo Granting Feat>, Bind Vestige, Practiced Binder
Getting Naberius's Silver Tongue ability is like an effective +10 to your diplomacy as you can now rush it

Baby Gary
2017-06-18, 10:55 AM
what books are nymphs kiss and aereni focus from?

Inevitability
2017-06-18, 10:56 AM
what books are nymphs kiss and aereni focus from?

Nymph's Kiss is from the Book of Exalted Deeds.
Aereni Focus is from Player's Guide to Eberron.