PDA

View Full Version : Has there been a Arcane Patron for a warlock?

Sir cryosin
2017-06-18, 09:51 AM
So warlocksake pacts with a being of incredible power. Would a Archwizard not be a being of incredible power? Is there any Patron like this in any D&D or Pathfinder? If not what would you say that the spell list and abilitys would be.

Steampunkette
2017-06-18, 10:19 AM
There is not, currently, an Archmage or Living Magic type Patron.

As for abilities, I imagine some telekinetic style utility and lots of Force damage, myself.

Sir cryosin
2017-06-18, 10:25 AM
There is not, currently, an Archmage or Living Magic type Patron.

As for abilities, I imagine some telekinetic style utility and lots of Force damage, myself.

I'm surprised there isn't one. It would make for a good or neutral aligned Patron.

Millstone85
2017-06-18, 10:39 AM
The Undying comes close, as it can be a lich.

Also the Sorcerer-King from 4e Dark Sun.

Spore
2017-06-18, 10:40 AM
So warlocksake pacts with a being of incredible power. Would a Archwizard not be a being of incredible power?

Not really. I love seeing Wizards as scientists of the magic variety. And when all is said and done, a scientist is still not science. I suppose you can refluff the Dragon Sorcerer (or Fiend Pact for a Red Dragon) to be an acolyte of a dragon though. Especially since in every other setting dragons are the source of (arcane) magic anyway.

clash
2017-06-18, 01:21 PM
If your up for homebrew vecna has one.http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2016/11/the-archmage.html?m=1

Nettlekid
2017-06-18, 01:27 PM
The Feywild has always been tied to abundant arcane magic, so it wouldn't be inconceivable for the Archfey patron to be linked to prodigious arcane ability. Although granted, the abilities don't really reflect that too well.