PDA

View Full Version : What would be a preferred weapon for a Tempest domain cleric?

CrackedChair
2017-06-18, 12:19 PM
So I know that if you get proficiency in warhammers, you can start with one instead of a mace, but I want to know, is there any other kinds of weapons that work great with this kind of Cleric?

Edit: I meant to post this to 5th edition subforum, but I guess it is stuck here now...

Cisturn
2017-06-18, 08:12 PM
Maybe a spear or something else large and wooden? Basically something that could be used as a flotation device if the tempest gets out of hand.

I could also see a Mace that rattles around a bit to sound like pouring rain.

Storm_Of_Snow
2017-06-19, 04:39 AM
What about a meteor hammer?

Firest Kathon
2017-06-19, 06:42 AM
You can ask the mods to move the thread by simply reporting it yourself.

KorvinStarmast
2017-06-19, 01:52 PM
Warhammer is a great choice. You can use it one handed or two.

You could also carry a javelin or spear as a back up weapon. Thrown property is nice.

My Tempest Cleric had a sailor background, so my choice was primary weapon warhammer, secondary weapon javelin; but sometimes I did my walking about with a jav ready and the warhammer as a back up. Depends on the mission/adventure/dungeon.

MeeposFire
2017-06-19, 01:57 PM
Hammer (Thor) and Spear (Wotan also shaped like a lighting bolt) I think work very well. Staff is technically works too for some other storm deities.

Findulidas
2017-06-19, 02:22 PM
Perhaps a trident if you are picking a custom god of the stormy seas. Seems all major gods of the seas and oceans are also gods of storms historically anyway.

Naanomi
2017-06-19, 02:34 PM
Tempest covers a lot of ground... Thor's hammer, Zeus's javelin, let alone all the sea gods, winter gods, weather gods, etc that have this domain. The Storm Goddess in my campaign has longbow I think as her preferred weapon

Beelzebubba
2017-06-19, 02:50 PM
Yeah, flavor it any way you want it!

Flail = flinging around like a whirlwind.

Maul = impact of thunder.

Whip = the crack of lightning.

Lots of options, even without going the inspirations from Earth pantheons.