PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next nalfeshnee chefs hat 5th eddition magic item

Sariel Vailo
2017-06-18, 05:20 PM
A while ago i created a nalfeshnee with a chefs hat.and gave that hat special properties as well as advantage on perception checks and cooking checks.it gives plus 2 ac and lets you speak abyssal what rarity woud it be.

Piggy demon chef lol angry birds lol stupid twisty muatache lol its uncommon rare

auric_gm
2017-06-30, 10:36 AM
From a GMing perspective, I'd probably say that this item has much potential for hilarity to ensue, so I'd be tempted to award clever players with it should they be of a reasonably high level to make it appropriate. If they have the potential to gab with abyssals, I assume they would be. You could also power it down a bit by taking off the +3 to AC power. Thematically you wouldn't lose a thing.

But to answer the rarity question more directly, I'd think an item like this wouldn't be a common magic item. It's fairly powerful; between the advantage checks and the language skill it's about as powerful as a feat in my estimation. Besides - how many use cases could a crazy wizard come up with for a chef's hat that gives them better situational awareness, a penchant for cooking, and the ability to gab with demons and their ilk? Then again, we are talking about wizards ...