PDA

View Full Version : Please help me recall a webcomic

Jader7777
2017-06-18, 05:58 PM
Hey there, I need to crowd surf your collective juicy chessclub brains.

There was a webcomic I remember reading back around the mid 2000s where the comic was mostly copy-pasted clip-art-like characters. It was mostly a comedy sketch about people roleplaying on IRC channels and MUDs. The comic would blend various genres together as people would inevitablty join their tolkien fantasy chatroom of dramatic elves with characters like Spock, Goku, Hamtaro and various other ill suited characters which lead to all sorts of nonsense in-jokes. Eventually the creator started to actually draw each character instead of just using clip-art characters, afterwhich I stopped reading.

If anyone can remember the name of it that would be a thorn pulled from my mind which I would be enternally greatful for.

The Glyphstone
2017-06-18, 07:26 PM
Hey there, I need to crowd surf your collective juicy chessclub brains.

There was a webcomic I remember reading back around the mid 2000s where the comic was mostly copy-pasted clip-art-like characters. It was mostly a comedy sketch about people roleplaying on IRC channels and MUDs. The comic would blend various genres together as people would inevitablty join their tolkien fantasy chatroom of dramatic elves with characters like Spock, Goku, Hamtaro and various other ill suited characters which lead to all sorts of nonsense in-jokes. Eventually the creator started to actually draw each character instead of just using clip-art characters, afterwhich I stopped reading.

If anyone can remember the name of it that would be a thorn pulled from my mind which I would be enternally greatful for.

Elf Only Inn? I definitely remember Spock and Goku showing up there, and Diablo as well i think.

Otomodachi
2017-06-18, 07:39 PM
It is DEFINITELY Elf Only Inn.

JadedDM
2017-06-18, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Elf Only Inn (http://www.elfonlyinn.net/), too.

Jader7777
2017-06-18, 10:49 PM
THANK YOU.

You are all fantastic and I will commit this to memory for future reference.

Pity this ended in 2008. Now to find some of my favourites.