PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Advice on updating the Savage Tide adventure path to Pathfinder.

Axel_690
2017-06-18, 09:33 PM
Exactly what the title says. Mainly; are there any stats changes I need to make/encounter changes, and what are your tips on setting it in Golarion?

Axel_690
2017-06-20, 02:15 AM
Anyone? Anyone at all?

Florian
2017-06-20, 02:25 AM
Oh boy, Savage Tides. Converting that will be really troublesome.

Start: Riddleport/Varisia, play: near Sargava/Mwangi, place the Island of Dread anywhere you please, it doesnīt matter.

Gauging the power level will be a bit of a problem. The AP goes well into the "baby epic levels" for the last book, which PF doesnīt have and donīt work too well with it, so you should use Mythic rules instead. Integrating this will be a bit harder for the initial mythic rank and the follow-up increase.

Axel_690
2017-06-20, 05:14 AM
Awesome, thanks. I figured it would be a bit of a challenge; just wasn't sure how much.

Florian
2017-06-20, 05:41 AM
Awesome, thanks. I figured it would be a bit of a challenge; just wasn't sure how much.

Depends on how much other PF material you have access to, in this case meaning the APs which are not freely available at the usual sites.

A good chunk of the stuff has already been converted in one way or the other:
- Naval Combat and Reputation in Skulls & Shackles.
- Faction Reputation in Serpentīs Skull.
- Handling a colony in Hellīs Rebels and Ironfang Invasion.
- Epic Mass Scale Battles in Ultimate Campaign
- Handling the prep-phase for the final battle using the Influence and Research in Ultimate Intrigue.
- Rules for Demon Lords in one of the bestiaries.

As for Mythic, Iīd actually hand out MR1 with the first Pearl (the one in the pirate cave at the beginning of the AP) as a catalyst, MR2 with the first defense of the colony, MR3 after beating that one recurring villain and see that theyīll have MR for starting around the last three books.

To help you gauge this: In Wrath of the Righteous, you fight your first demon lord at lvl 17/MR7 and a major demon lord at lvl 20/MR10.

Axel_690
2017-06-20, 06:11 AM
I'm pretty sure I have all of what you listed, except for the adventure, I think. I'll have to check my harddrive, I may have them too.

What do you think of the skill check DCs: should they be left as-is, or lowered by 5 to account for the Pathfinder changes to the skill system?

ngilop
2017-06-20, 08:47 AM
I would heavy advise against going too far into mythic.

The game breaks down something terrible if you are a spell caster that is mythic, past mythic rank 3, and especially a spell caster past mythic rank 3.

I would give them a mythic rank at the end of the Bullywug gambit or the beginning of the sea wyvern's wake.

A 2nd rank during The lightless depths

and the 3rd and final one in Wells of Darkness.

Check the Paizo messageboards, I am sure somebody has done a conversion to the PF rules already there. At the minimum maybe a few key NPCs have revised stat blocks.

Axel_690
2017-06-20, 06:25 PM
I'll have to give the mythic rules a good look and go check out the paizo forums then.