PDA

View Full Version : Where to take my Artificer?

weckar
2017-06-19, 03:08 AM
I am about to hit lv 17 with my Artificer, where I can start forging rings. Further levels will likely not give me much other than the ability to have higher caster level items. This game is expected to go to at least 23, so I have about 6 levels to play with.

Current build is Venerable Elf, Master Sage 1/DFA 1/ Marshal 1/ Artificer 14

I feel picking up a spellcasting class is rather moot by this point because the spells I get won't scale terribly well. I wouldn't really know what to do with a martial. Extra skills and skill bonuses are always welcome.

Current role is very heavily support, favoring ability damage and conditions in combat over straight HP damage, and plotspewer with none of my knowledges being less than +34.

I wish I could say what I really wanted, but I am honestly failing to see a good jumping board that still matters at this level.

EDIT: For reference, I have the Marshal Aura that allows Cha to rolls to overcome SR.

ijon
2017-06-19, 03:10 AM
have you built a doomsday device yet?

if not, do that

weckar
2017-06-19, 03:14 AM
Enchanted Great Wyrm Black Dragon head with an at-will Disintegration cone comes pretty close, I'd say.

But, rather, I want to know what to do with my levels.

Hackulator
2017-06-19, 09:31 AM
just don't even level up and then laugh about how you're still the strongest character in the party cause artificers are broken AF

Gildedragon
2017-06-19, 10:14 AM
Presumably War of the Lance's Master class with focus on Sage

I'd go 2 more in artificer to get the extra feat (perhaps for Extra Ring?)

Wrap up with couple levels in swordsage.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-06-19, 09:32 PM
Throwing on a bit of initiator or meldshaper rarely hurts; both scale well with your high starting level. Alternatively, I'm sure there's some useful PrC...

weckar
2017-06-20, 01:38 PM
Are there any PrCs that work well in this case? I don't think any actually advance my effective Artificer level, do they?

King539
2017-06-20, 01:58 PM
Are there any PrCs that work well in this case? I don't think any actually advance my effective Artificer level, do they?

Renegade Mastermaker advances infusions, and makes sense for somebody Venerable.

weckar
2017-06-21, 02:06 AM
The text of Renegade Mastermaker does not mention advancing infusions, just spells. It is a really cool class, though.