PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Can a kensai also punch or kick.

Sariel Vailo
2017-06-19, 12:04 PM
Thats what ive been ruling but other players of mine have said no they cant.i just want a clarification

DivisibleByZero
2017-06-19, 12:07 PM
That's what an unarmed strike is.
Kensai don't lose the Martial Arts class feature, so yes, they can still kick/punch/knee/headbutt/etc and use their unarmed damage die from Monk levels (assuming they're using a Monk weapon or Kensai weapon and not wearing armor or using a shield).
And even if they are wearing armor or using a shield or wielding a non-monk-non-kensai weapon, they can still do those things, albeit only as an action and only doing 1+Str damage.

Sariel Vailo
2017-06-19, 12:16 PM
Ha told em i read that damn thing for hours. Next time they argue with me first i will present evidence of my intelectual superiority. If they still argue rocks fall........and roll

solidork
2017-06-19, 12:30 PM
I was looking into it recently something else to keep in mind is that you only get the bonus to your AC if one of your attacks from the Attack action is an unarmed strike; bonus attacks from the martial arts feature or flurry of blows don't count.

Quoxis
2017-06-19, 01:14 PM
Players who cannot read and understand the core rules should be banned from using UA.
Learn the basics before meddling with advanced stuff! (9ಠ益ಠ)9

GlenSmash!
2017-06-19, 05:54 PM
Of course they can, they are still monks. Though i have seen a few fans of previous editions Kensei's argue that they Should be making all their attacks with their Kensei weapon.