PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Resilient Feat to overcome optimization limits?

ZorroGames
2017-06-19, 12:28 PM
So I create a VHuman fighter character with STR and CON (16s) save proficiencies per class (did I get that right?) but optimizing those and DEX (14) leaves me with okay CHA (10) and INT/WIS of 8. I use a combat related feat at first level that does not affect my Ability Scores.

Along comes an ASI or feat moment at 4th level.

I choose Resilient feat and WIS. WIS becomes 9, I gain +1 proficiency (+2, -1?) in WIS saves. Is that how the feat works?

So, level 6 I fix my INT saves the same way? Only the proficiency is now +2 (+3, -1)?

Level 8 I I do the same thing with CHA only it is 11 (10+1) and the proficiency is still +2 as above?

Findulidas
2017-06-19, 12:36 PM
Only get it for wis. The others are WAY less common. Also dont listen to people saying that int and cha saves make up for it in being worse. Wis saves like domination etc are just as dangerous.

Mr. Crowbar
2017-06-19, 12:37 PM
You can only take Resilient once.

Taking it in WIS would boost your WIS stat from 8 to 9, and you add your proficiency bonus (+2 at level 4) to your WIS saves. So you'd have a +1 to that which would increase to +5 as you level up and your proficiency bonus becomes +3, +4, etc.

ZorroGames
2017-06-19, 02:03 PM
You can only take Resilient once.

Taking it in WIS would boost your WIS stat from 8 to 9, and you add your proficiency bonus (+2 at level 4) to your WIS saves. So you'd have a +1 to that which would increase to +5 as you level up and your proficiency bonus becomes +3, +4, etc.

Duh on me, once for a feat unless it says otherwise. Thanks.

ZorroGames
2017-06-19, 02:04 PM
Only get it for wis. The others are WAY less common. Also dont listen to people saying that int and cha saves make up for it in being worse. Wis saves like domination etc are just as dangerous.

Appreciate the information.

Corran
2017-06-19, 09:42 PM
STR 15+1 = 16
DEX 12
CON 15+1 = 16
INT 8
WIS 13
CHA 8

vhuman, adding the resilient (wis) feat eventually, for a final wisdom of 14.
I'd do sth like that, if optimizing.
If I wanted 2 extra points for cha/int, I would lower wis to 11 (if GWM), or dex to 10 (if S&B).
If I wanted 4 extra points (for example to have no 8's at all), I would lower both dex and wis, to 10 and 11 respectively.