PDA

View Full Version : Lilly's Lovely Random Banter #87

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-06, 08:54 AM
Funny, it always reminded me of the insignia of the Black Legion.

Actually, it's the secret Sable Badge. It allows to control pokemans with power level 9000 or greater, and it grants you the ability to bring Aeris back to life. Of course, in order to win it, you have to take on the secret gym leader Solid Snake in a special hide-and-seek minigame. Or help him move.

"Where do you want me to put these boxes?"

"...What boxes?"

"These ones right over- Now that's odd. There was a box here just a second ago."

Archonic Energy
2007-08-06, 08:55 AM
That's not Saithis Bladewing, that's Nethelyrie Ebonheart.

no it's "Redshirt"... :smalltongue:

Edit: memo Update thread after going to lunch....

bosssmiley
2007-08-06, 12:59 PM
It was not a cloud plane for Odin's sake, it was just a shadowy flame which hid the creature known as Saithis.

So it's a Creature in the Darkness. But the darkness is on fire?
Heh. That makes no sense, but the sheer absurd awesome of it appeals to my geeky Dethklok-loving, sense-ignoring fanboi gamer side. So, Eggy like. :smallbiggrin:

Also: It turns out being entombed in caramel gives one Katamari-like powers.

I am intrigued by this particularly sticky and delicious sounding interment rite (with its supplementary promises of Katamari-like Mummy powers), and wish to know more. :smallconfused:

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 01:08 PM
For you, a visit to the Cadbury factory should be sufficient. Then, you can become a caramel egg! Of course, you'll have to run from the hordes of Cadbury-egg lovers..

bosssmiley
2007-08-06, 01:12 PM
For you, a visit to the Cadbury factory should be sufficient. Then, you can become a caramel egg! Of course, you'll have to run from the hordes of Cadbury-egg lovers..

Oh dear. Eggy would probably cannibalize itself.

"I'm so delicious! Why can't I stop eating me? Oh, ok. Just one more limb then..."

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-06, 01:17 PM
I am intrigued by this particularly sticky and delicious sounding interment rite (with its supplementary promises of Katamari-like Mummy powers), and wish to know more. :smallconfused:

It was tricky work; I had to pester Saithis for weeks before she'd actually entomb me alive in a coffin of molten caramel. I think it's about the second most delicious way to go :smallbiggrin:
As to the Katamari powers, it becomes very simple. Once your essence is infused with sticky caramel, you can simply run around picking stuff up and sticking it to yourself until you've achieved a ball-like state. From there, you just continue exuding caramel outwards to hold new acquisitions in the growing Caramari.

Just watch out for seawater and cold weather.

Thes Hunter
2007-08-06, 01:37 PM
I gotta HUGE favor to ask of anyone with a good knowledge of english grammar.

I have an application essay or two that needs some proof reading. And as I am sure you all have seen from my posts here, I need some proof reading. So I beg of you, anyone who is reading this, and has the time and ability, please PM me so I can get the essay to you to proof.

I would love you forever. I might even be suckered into an avatar request, if that is the kind of bribe it took. :smallbiggrin:

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-06, 01:40 PM
I has a largely sense by grammar english.

Azrael
2007-08-06, 01:48 PM
I gotta HUGE favor to ask of anyone with a good knowledge of english grammar.

Checkum PMs.

Rawhide
2007-08-06, 06:03 PM
The chocloate god is called Cadbur

Cadbury's chocolate is indeed very good. And although I would say that it is the best mainstream chocolate you can buy just about anywhere, there are other, smaller chocolate companies that do produce a better individual chocolate.

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 06:06 PM
A cross thread quote? zomegawds.

Im not a big fan of chocolate and such. Tis bad for you

Azrael
2007-08-06, 06:08 PM
My spidey senses started tingling -- someone must've moved off topic banter over into RB!

Behold!

Anyhow, as mainstream/major market chocolate goes Godiva's beats any thing else I've had (Cadbury, Lindt etc) hands down. But small makers are going to typically craft more interesting and fitting (better is such a hard term) chocolates allowing an individual to find their own 'perfect' piece.

And chocolate is not bad for you in the least. Plenty of research studies have proven such. EATING TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING will cause you to gain weight -- especially true of things with a high sugar content.

Rawhide
2007-08-06, 06:08 PM
A cross thread quote? zomegawds.

Im not a big fan of chocolate and such. Tis bad for you

Scientists say otherwise (http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20030827/dark-chocolate-is-healthy-chocolate).

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 06:11 PM
My grandfather takes half a bar of Dove dark chocolate every night. He calls it his heart medicine. :smallbiggrin:

Having said that, I must agree that Dove dark chocolate is probably my favorite kind. But honestly any dark is good....

Ironically, when I'm offered chocolate, I often choose not to have any. This resulting from my tendancy to not stop eating it once I start...I've learned to simply not start. :smallamused:

Rawhide
2007-08-06, 06:13 PM
Anyhow, as mainstream/major market chocolate goes Godiva's beats any thing else I've had (Cadbury, Lindt etc) hands down.

Forgive me, I have never heard of Godiva (the chocolate). That's not mainstream in Australia. By mainstream, I mean, available on pretty much every supermarket shelf.

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 06:13 PM
How do people find these things, I ask you:smalleek:
That article says that its only dark choc eaten with milk. I speak of choc in general

That article reminds me of something Franky Boyle said

Scientists waste there time
Scientist 1: Want to have a go at curing cancer?
Scientist 2: No, I want to see how many fruitpastels it takes to choke a kestrelfunny funny man

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 06:15 PM
Don't you know, that's what our taxes all go to pay for? :smalltongue:

Not that I'm old enough to pay taxes yet.....

Rawhide
2007-08-06, 06:17 PM
But small makers are going to typically craft more interesting and fitting (better is such a hard term) chocolates allowing an individual to find their own 'perfect' piece.

You are right, better was the wrong word. "Finer" might be more appropriate.

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 06:19 PM
When you're female, at certain times, you just need chocolate. It could be crap chocolate. But at long as it's chocolate, you don't care.

:smalltongue:

Azrael
2007-08-06, 06:19 PM
Forgive me, I have never heard of Godiva (the chocolate). That's not mainstream in Australia. By mainstream, I mean, available on pretty much every supermarket shelf.

Hmmm, supermaket shelf, eh? That pretty much only leaves Hershey in the US. And that's just not fair. So yeah, Dove, Lindt, Cadbury. Take your pick.

Godiva has specialty shops that can be found in pretty much any major mall or boxes in fancier gift shop type places.

That article says that its only dark choc eaten with milk. I speak of choc in general

You are, of course, aware that the difference between dark chocolate and milk and "chocolate in general" (You, as an American, think of milk chocolate as the "general") is just a tremendous amount of sugar, yes?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-08-06, 06:20 PM
I still go for the higher quality chocolate. 86% cocoa = euphoria that can almost make me forget about the pains.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, Godiva is awesome chocolate. My local supermarket in the States did have a shelf of Godiva chocolate near the front, I used to pick it up whenever I had the spare money.

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 06:22 PM
I have thrash metal to make the pain go away. :smallwink: When chocolate wont do it. You need raining blood:smallwink:

Alarra
2007-08-06, 06:23 PM
When you're female, at certain times, you just need chocolate. It could be crap chocolate. But at long as it's chocolate, you don't care.

I can honestly say that never in my life have I 'needed' or even craved chocolate.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-08-06, 06:24 PM
I have thrash metal to make the pain go away. :smallwink: When chocolate wont do it. You need raining blood:smallwink:

Maybe it's just me, but at certain times, thrash metal just makes the pain intensify.

I can honestly say that never in my life have I 'needed' or even craved chocolate.

... ... ... You're just WEIRD. How can you never have craved chocolate? It's like, the second best thing in the world!

Dragonrider

Good for you. :smallbiggrin:

I don't know...there's something about it that just....

Well, it's chocolate.

Sean92k
I can honestly say that never in my life have I 'needed' or even craved chocolate.Really? I have and I dont like the stuff :smallconfused:

Maybe it's just me, but at certain times, thrash metal just makes the pain intensify.Its an aquired taste

Alarra
2007-08-06, 06:26 PM
I'll crave something sweet at times, but I wouldn't ever choose chocolate over some other kind of candy or cake. I just *shrugs* don't really care for it at all.

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 06:27 PM
Really? I have and I dont like the stuff :smallconfused:

You speak of the chocolate god and you DON'T LIKE CHOCOLATE!?

Heathen infidel!! Words cannot convey the depth of my scorn for this irreverent behaviour! :smallwink:

Edit: @^: I guess I'm the opposite of that...I really don't care for any candy that much besides chocolate. But I guess if we're talking desserts, I'd probably go for, say, pie over chocolate cake...well I don't know...tough call there. :smalltongue:

Azrael
2007-08-06, 06:28 PM
I just *shrugs* don't really care for it at all.

Clearly not human, must be a Raptor.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-08-06, 06:28 PM
Really? I have and I dont like the stuff :smallconfused:

Its an aquired taste

I didn't say that I didn't like thrash metal, perhaps you're not understanding what I mean when I say 'at certain times'. :smallsigh:

Clearly not human, must be a Raptor.

I'm in agreement with you, evil twin.

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 06:29 PM
You speak of the chocolate god and you DON'T LIKE CHOCOLATE!?

Heathen infidel!! Words cannot convey the depth of my scorn for this irreverent behaviour! :smallwink:Im a pastafarian ... What do you mean thats a real religeon... *googles*... no way O_O. I dont really like chocolate no, its just to unhealthy (Dont post that link again)

Clearly not human, must be a Raptor.Maybe some kind of newt?

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 06:30 PM
Im a pastafarian ... What do you mean thats a real religeon... *googles*... no way O_O. I dont really like chocolate no, its just to unhealthy (Dont post that link again)

Wow, that's like....not even funny.
I think you're going to the chocolate hell - yeah, the one where everyone lives on broccoli and no one smiles. :smallamused:

Rawhide
2007-08-06, 06:31 PM
Dove, Lindt, Cadbury

Nestle is big here too. All of those and Nestle can be found pretty much anywhere (Lindt less so). I wasn't saying Godiva wasn't mainstream, just not in Australia, I will have to hunt out a speciality store and try it next time I go to a city.

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 06:32 PM
Wow, that's like....not even funny.
I think you're going to the chocolate hell - yeah, the one where everyone lives on broccoli and no one smiles. :smallamused:I barely smile anyway. plus there isn't a dimension in the multi verse that could get me to eat brocoli (or spell it for that matter)

Azrael
2007-08-06, 06:32 PM
Nestle is big here too. All of those and Nestle can be found pretty much anywhere (Lindt less so). I wasn't saying Godiva wasn't mainstream, just not in Australia, I will have to hunt out a speciality store and try it next time I go to a city.

Well it's not really mainstream here either. Which is a pity. Why can't more things halve their cost but retain the same quality?

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 06:36 PM
I barely smile anyway. plus there isn't a dimension in the multi verse that could get me to eat brocoli (or spell it for that matter)

You quoted me spelling it right! What is wrong with you??? :smallbiggrin:

I know - chocolate deprivation in your bloodstream. :smallamused: Hustle down to the convenience store, grab yourself a bar! GET ON IT!!

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-06, 06:36 PM
I dont really like chocolate no, its just to unhealthy (Dont post that link again)

What link? This link? Because this link is kewl!!! (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/choccy/) :smallamused:

Azrael
2007-08-06, 06:37 PM
What link? This link? Because this link is kewl!!! (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/choccy/) :smallamused:

I hate you ZRS. :smallfrown:

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 06:38 PM
What link? This link? Because this link is kewl!!! (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/choccy/) :smallamused:Bad zombie, no brains for you

You quoted me spelling it right! What is wrong with you??? :smallbiggrin:

I know - chocolate deprivation in your bloodstream. :smallamused: Hustle down to the convenience store, grab yourself a bar! GET ON IT!!

Theres are many reasons im not smiling and chocolate is one of them

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-06, 06:39 PM

I am not responsible for brain damage resulting from clicking said link. However, if you file a claim in triplicate, the ZRS Institute will subsidize you for 50% of the cost of repairing/replacing your brain.

Quincunx
2007-08-06, 06:40 PM
My chocolate shrine consists of one Cadbury Creme Egg (replaced frequently) and one Fazer Mignon egg, the real egg shell carefully emptied of its egginess and replaced with pure goodness. Every so often, he who brought it to me asks when I'm going to eat it. Heathen. There ought to be a sample of Marabou chocolate in the shrine also (replaced infrequently) but their distribution in Ireland is exceptionally streaky. It bemuses the cashier whenever Marabou is located and the entire box brought up to the register.

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 06:40 PM
I am not responsible for brain damage resulting from clicking said link. However, if you file a claim in triplicate, the ZRS Institute will subsidize you for 50% of the cost of repairing/replacing your brain.

ZRS wants to make the rest of us more like him.
Bewaaaaaaaaaaare the braaaaaaaaaaains....

Nomrom
2007-08-06, 06:43 PM

Well, what were you expecting? He actually said the link was kewl. I mean, come on, kewl?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-08-06, 06:45 PM
Am I the only person who finds the chocolate song completely uncatchy? I very much prefer the one with Scampi for catchiness.

Azrael
2007-08-06, 06:47 PM
Well, what were you expecting? He actually said the link was kewl. I mean, come on, kewl?

People seem to be under the impression that I can't not-really-hate-someone-at-all for doing something completely expected.

Well, I can.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-06, 06:48 PM

Nobody say that I didn't give you fair warning of the insanity beyond.

THE INTERNET:
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/74312/2/istockphoto_74312_ride_at_your_own_risk.jpg

Alarra
2007-08-06, 06:48 PM
No, I don't find it catchy either. And it's not even very amusing. Certainly not get in your headable. Not like say....this (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/magical+trevor/) or this (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/mango/)

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-06, 06:50 PM
Actually, I'd say this one (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/space+is+fun/) is the one that gets stuck in your head and drives you insane. Within seconds. Seriously, if you hate me now, it's nothing compared to clicking on that one. Really.

Alarra
2007-08-06, 06:52 PM
I haven't seen that one. And um....nope...not having that effect.

Dragonrider
:smalltongue: I think I'm glad my sound is muted....

Saithis Bladewing
As 'getting in your head' goes, I prefer this (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/kenya/) and this (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/scampi/).

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 06:53 PM
As 'getting in your head' goes, I prefer this (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/kenya/) and this (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/scampi/).

Alarra just posted one of those....

Alarra
2007-08-06, 06:56 PM
No she didn't. She posted mango, then changed it to kenya for 30 seconds, then changed it back to mango, cause kenya just isn't as catchy.

ZombieRockStar
I haven't seen that one. And um....nope...not having that effect.

I find it hilarious, but everybody around me hates it. *shrug* I prefer those short ones that just loop around (except for Badgers...). And, of course, prefering the Weebl and Bob ones.

What about this one? (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/da+fly+guys+go+pop/)

Saithis Bladewing
Alarra just posted one of those....

Psst, she posted mango and magical trevor, which != kenya and scampi.

No she didn't. She posted mango, then changed it to kenya for 30 seconds, then changed it back to mango, cause kenya just isn't as catchy.

I beg to differ. But that's only because I have the lyrics to Kenya memorised and sing it regularly in public places for no reason other than my own amusement.

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 06:58 PM
I could listen to this for months (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama)

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 06:59 PM

:smallredface: sorry, my bad....

Alarra
2007-08-06, 07:00 PM
I could listen to this for months (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama)

Me too. :smallbiggrin: Someone posted it on my myspace and i probably click on it at least once a day.

FdL
2007-08-06, 07:09 PM
Wheeew! I finally caught up with reading 10 pages of this thread.^^

I hate it when I get behind the threads. Oh well...

EmeraldRose
2007-08-06, 07:14 PM
You actually read all the pages whn you get behind? O.O

Wow...I just read like the last few posts to see what's going on...if it's something that's been going on awhile, I might go back farther, but not usualy...

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 07:15 PM
I go back to my last post and read from there, even if i have already read the following page etc

@\/. Same here

Nomrom
2007-08-06, 07:16 PM
I always read to catch up. Mostly because my life is kind of boring, so reading all the posts gives me something to do. There are somedays though, when the forums exploded with posts, that it can be a trial to catch up.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-08-06, 07:18 PM

Wow...I just read like the last few posts to see what's going on...if it's something that's been going on awhile, I might go back farther, but not usualy...

Me too, I can't be bothered to read through the entire thread every day. I've got better things to do. :smallsigh:

Alarra
2007-08-06, 07:20 PM
man...if i tried to do that.....

I'll have 3 or 4 THREADS of RB go by without me looking at them....

Hell Puppi
2007-08-06, 07:22 PM
I have an odd question....for the 'vote warrior in the playground' or 'vote dragon in the playground'...do we actually vote or post on it or is it just siggy-related fun?

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-06, 07:23 PM
I have an odd question....for the 'vote warrior in the playground' or 'vote dragon in the playground'...do we actually vote or post on it or is it just siggy-related fun?There is actually a vote. I have a link in my sig.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-06, 07:23 PM
It's a SMBG. Some random fun that Lord Herman's running. There's been Good and Evil, Wizard/Warrior, Elemental type, and currently monster.

Rawhide
2007-08-06, 07:29 PM
This is actually a fun and not annoying song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlSsffF2xhA

(Yay for Australia!)

North
2007-08-06, 07:29 PM
Yeah this place moves like greased lightning I can never catch up.

Cyrano
2007-08-06, 07:43 PM
Catch up? Hell, I hardly read you guys posts when I'm active. I mean, why bother? I can make up better stuff on my own. [/arrogantbastard]

Haha! Just kidding. I never turn off my arrogantbastard.

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 07:46 PM
Dee is here. Hi Dee *hugs Dee*

Lucky
2007-08-06, 07:46 PM
Haha! Just kidding. I never turn off my arrogantbastard.You had me fooled there for a second.

And as far as all the Weebl stuff goes, nothing competes with Magical Trevor, just nothing.

Alarra
2007-08-06, 07:49 PM
And as far as all the Weebl stuff goes, nothing competes with Magical Trevor, just nothing.

It's my ringtone.

Cyrano
2007-08-06, 07:50 PM
Dee is here. Hi Dee *hugs Dee*

Ahhh! Personal space! PERSONAL SPACE!
*Jumps off convienant cliff, only to utilize crazy native american Death Walking powers, oddly at better health than he was before he died.*

Lucky, ONE thing competes with magical trevor.
Scampi.
No, I'm not talking about the sub par video. I'm talking about shrimp.
Mmmmmmm.
Shrimp.

FdL
2007-08-06, 07:59 PM

Nah, I don't do it all the time, but as I usually keep up to date and this time I didn't read it when it was created, I felt like doing it. I postponed the reading twice LOL :D Should have gone with my instict.

But I like this one so far, there's been a renewal of the cast. There's Lucky, Saithis is back, and also we have even more mod-goodness ^^

*he reads RB as if watching a sitcom*

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 08:01 PM
Ahhh! Personal space! PERSONAL SPACEAhhh, come one Dee, The Fairy Modmother: that was inappropiate

Nomrom
2007-08-06, 08:02 PM
Nah, I don't do it all the time, but as I usually keep up to date and this time I didn't read it when it was created, I felt like doing it. I postponed the reading twice LOL :D Should have gone with my instict.

But I like this one so far, there's been a renewal of the cast. There's Lucky, Saithis is back, and also we have even more mod-goodness ^^

*he reads RB as if watching a sitcom*

Except RB is better than just about almost every sitcom on TV nowadays.

Cyrano
2007-08-06, 08:04 PM
Ahhh, come one Dee, Scrubbing Bubbles!

Nomrom, until someone starts dating someone and it turns out one of them is a lesbian and they're both long lost siblings, I'm staying right here, watching sitcoms, TYVM.

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 08:08 PM
.......I left him speachless. Im ecstating... :smallconfused: Removed illegal activity reference

Cyrano
2007-08-06, 08:16 PM
I left him speachless. Im ecstating... :smallconfused: Scrubbing Bubbles!

THat's more of a "Never even speak to me again you sick freak" sort of a silence than a "I am rendered speechless by your X" silence.
Speaking of never speaking...

Guys, my computer is broken, but I have a hankering for Planescape: Torment! I need HELP!

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 08:18 PM
THat's more of a "Never even speak to me again you sick freak" sort of a silenceA silence you know all to well :smallamused: Deep down ya know ya love mah

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-06, 09:23 PM
o_-

Um. Quite. In other news, anyone here familiar with a soft drink called Irn Brew?

It comes from Scotland :smallcool:

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 10:10 PM
Wait.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Scotland actually made a soft drink? Amazing.

@v: :biggrin:

North
2007-08-06, 10:12 PM
Scotland makes drinks that arent alcaholic??? Unpossible

damn ninja'd :smalltongue: @/\

Rockphed
2007-08-06, 10:14 PM
Here I thought that all of Scotland's exports were related to the Highlander regiments. Things like kilts, various weapons, and Scotch.

Cyrano
2007-08-06, 10:18 PM
A silence you know all to well :smallamused: Deep down ya know ya love mah

Stop stealin' mah speech pattahns.

Wait.
Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait.

Scotland EXPORTS?

Nomrom
2007-08-06, 10:25 PM
Wow, I completely missed that it was a soft drink, because being a Scottish drink, I expected it to be alcoholic.

FdL
2007-08-06, 10:28 PM
Irn-Bru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irn-Bru), according to wikipedia.

Is it any good? What does it taste like?

I once had some root beer, I don't know if it was that or root beer cola or something. It was really weird, but I didn't hate it. I can't remember the taste, though, this was 8 years ago.

Hell Puppi
2007-08-06, 10:30 PM
I think someone needs to buy a whole bunch and hand one to various people in the playground. It's the only way to know....

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 10:33 PM
Root Beer is a delicious drink. Despite the name, it is a soft drink, and goes excellently with a scoop of ice cream or two.

Logic
2007-08-06, 10:34 PM
I think someone needs to buy a whole bunch and hand one to various people in the playground. It's the only way to know....

Sounds like I have a job for GITP Cen-Con meetup '08.

Cyrano
2007-08-06, 10:36 PM

You volonteering to go through the myriad countries, there? Yes? Yes? Yes? Yes! Get going.

Root beer, btw, is godly in it's awesome.

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-06, 10:52 PM
It's kind of a pink-red color. It's pretty good.

Dr. Pepper ftw, however :smallbiggrin:

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-06, 10:56 PM
It's kind of a pink-red color. It's pretty good.

Dr. Pepper ftw, however :smallbiggrin:

:biggrin:

Hooray! Someone else who knows that Dr. Pepper is just amazing and awesometastic.

However, I must say that Mexican Coke is really good. As in Coca-Cola, silly. :smalltongue:

Cyrano
2007-08-06, 10:59 PM
Dr Pepper IS amazing.

Does anyone else who lives in/has ever been too/ knows what I'm talking about in regards to Montreal know the name of that black cherry cola? I mean, the stuff you traditionally get with your Plate O' Fatty Fatfat (Smoked Meat sandwiches). As far as I know, it's just cherry coke. That's what you ORDER. You don't find it anywhere else (I mean ANYWHERE else(at least that I've found)) and yet it never goes out of business. What IS it? Gaah!

Alarra
2007-08-06, 11:00 PM
red cream soda is my favorite soft drink.

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 11:04 PM
Erm, D'anna? Cherry Coke, as in, this? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Cherry) Yeah, I can get that every day if I wanted to.

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 11:10 PM
I'm one of those very few Americans who really doesn't care for soft drinks at all. I'll have an occasional sip of rootbeer without protest, but I think coke is the most vile drink known to man, pepsi no better, sprite of the devil...so basically my liquid consumption is...water. Yeah, I know, really exciting and interesting... :smalltongue:

I can't decide if it's the bubbles or the taste that get me. I hate the taste of coke, but I'm not into carbonation, either.

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 11:16 PM
I absolutely love soft drinks. Dunno why. And yet, I can't stand diet drinks - in a recent case, I thought I was actually going to throw up after drinking one - so I'm in sort of a bad boat..

Alarra
2007-08-06, 11:17 PM
It's the carbonation that bugs me. I mean, I'll drink soda, certainly, and like some of it....but given the option, I prefer other drinks and generally don't drink soda at all. I certainly don't have it in my place unless I bought it for someone else.

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-06, 11:21 PM
I kinda like the carbonation. Heck, I even drink soda water from time to time.

The nice part about soda is that if it's really carbonated, you can't really gulp it down. It enforces a slower pace of drinking, unless you want the bubbles to burn your throat.

Thus, I think it would be quite a nice thing if some carbonated beverages existed that weren't sickly sweet. Not quite sure what they'd be, as most people prefer some flavor to offset the bitter sensation that the carbonation gives.

Lianae
2007-08-06, 11:21 PM
Dr. Pepper is the single most disgusting drink I've ever tasted.
Now lemon lime and bitters, that's a good drink.

@^: Soda water and some kind of juice is pretty good, it can be as bitter or as sweet as you want it.

Alarra
2007-08-06, 11:23 PM
I can't stand sparkling water and will only drink it if I'm really really thirsty and it's all that is there. You wouldn't think this is a common occurrence, but there have been several occasions where it's all there was to drink.

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 11:26 PM
yeah, the only "bubbly" drink I really like is that sparkling apple cranberry stuff you get at Thanksgiving. That's pretty good.

But even so, it's just sticky sweet...I don't know. Just not really tempting to me.

Rawhide
2007-08-06, 11:26 PM
I can't stand sparkling water and will only drink it if I'm really really thirsty and it's all that is there. You wouldn't think this is a common occurrence, but there have been several occasions where it's all there was to drink.
Tried shaking the bottle?

Alarra
2007-08-06, 11:51 PM
Tried shaking the bottle?

Erm...wouldn't shaking the bottle increase the carbonation? Or am I missing something here...

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 11:53 PM
You're missing something. Shaking the bottle undoes the hydrogen bonds which are keeping the carbon dioxide in the liquid form, and causes the fizz you see at the top of sodas and such. So, shaking any carbonated beverage causes the carbonation to go byebye.

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 11:55 PM
I'd say something right now but I don't want to ruin your fun :smallwink:.

Unless I'm missing something too. But I don't think I am...

Vonriel
2007-08-07, 12:00 AM
I assume it contradicts what I said? I'm used to being told I'm wrong. I was just pretty sure that's how it works.. anyway, yeah, what were you gonna say?

Rawhide
2007-08-07, 12:00 AM
You are indeed missing something. After shaking the bottle, it will go flat much much quicker. Be careful when opening it though :smallwink:.

Logic
2007-08-07, 12:04 AM
You're missing something. Shaking the bottle undoes the hydrogen bonds which are keeping the carbon dioxide in the liquid form, and causes the fizz you see at the top of sodas and such. So, shaking any carbonated beverage causes the carbonation to go byebye.

Just make sure, like any shaken carbonated beverage, you open it carefully, and avoid pointing the opening at any eyes.

Alarra
2007-08-07, 12:06 AM
Okay, right...that makes sense. And would also assume that you have possession of said bottle.

Vonriel
2007-08-07, 12:08 AM
Yeah. And over a sink, if you can help it. Unless you're expecting the mess and are able to close it fast enough, like I try to do..

You know, I've only ever had one soda fizz over on me like that. It was a Mountain Dew, and it only did so because I was extolling the virtue of Mountain Dew in how it never does that. :smalltongue: (See what I mean about being told I'm wrong, Draginrider?)

Dragonrider
2007-08-07, 12:11 AM
You know, I've only ever had one soda fizz over on me like that. It was a Mountain Dew, and it only did so because I was extolling the virtue of Mountain Dew in how it never does that. :smalltongue: (See what I mean about being told I'm wrong, Draginrider?)

Yep, but you know, all sodas are malicious and have your worst interests at heart. That's why I avoid them like the plague.

On the other hand, Murphy's Law made it inevitable, whether it was soda or not... Of COURSE it does the opposite of what you say it will. :smalltongue:

Vonriel
2007-08-07, 12:15 AM
My third most favorite teacher at that school had a poster with Murphy's Laws on it. Such gems as "Interchangeable parts .... aren't." :smallbiggrin: (I forgot to mention this happened at lunch in high school..)

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-07, 12:18 AM
I had an Algebra III teacher with a similar axiom.

"Constants aren't and variables won't."

Dragonrider
2007-08-07, 12:24 AM

"Constants aren't a variables won't."

My brain flickered on and off when I read that.
Maybe I'm just not smart enough, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it... :smalltongue:

Vonriel
2007-08-07, 12:27 AM
I think he meant to say "Constants aren't and variables won't." It's been too long since I was last in a math class, and probably couldn't accurately describe why that's true :smalleek:

Logic
2007-08-07, 12:32 AM

"Constants aren't a variables won't."

My brain flickered on and off when I read that.
Maybe I'm just not smart enough, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it... :smalltongue:

It means constants are not constant, and variables do not vary.

Dragonrider
2007-08-07, 12:36 AM
I think he meant to say "Constants aren't and variables won't." It's been too long since I was last in a math class, and probably couldn't accurately describe why that's true

THAT makes sense. Things that stay the same, stay the same, and things that vary, can vary. Pretty straightforward. I feel better now about my I.Q. :smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-07, 12:54 AM
I think he meant to say "Constants aren't and variables won't." I did indeed. Edited to correct that blunder.

Rawhide
2007-08-07, 01:02 AM
THAT makes sense. Things that stay the same, stay the same, and things that vary, can vary. Pretty straightforward. I feel better now about my I.Q. :smalltongue:

That's the opposite of what he was saying.

Lucky
2007-08-07, 01:20 AM
Exactly. What is meant by "Osborn's Law" is that the term variable often denotes a fixed value, a value that one is to find by solving the equation, or is otherwise unknown. At the same time, however, the term constant is used to mean an undetermined value which could be just about anything.

Sean92k
2007-08-07, 12:44 PM
really?:smallconfused: *goes to check*Yeh.... well ... you're a poopy *runs away*

Ego Slayer
2007-08-07, 01:42 PM
Ah. Animated GIFs.. how I'll miss thee. This throws a huge wrench into my Kicking it Oldschool plans... meh.

Really? :smallconfused:

Dunno what Rex and SDF are gonna do... =P

B-Man
2007-08-07, 01:48 PM
Really? :smallconfused:

Yeah. I had an animated Kratos stabbing the air in my sig for awhile. I think it was my first sig. I recall being an annoying Pixie back in the day.

* ponders for a moment *

Ah... the good o' days...

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-07, 01:53 PM
Yeah. I had an animated Kratos stabbing the air in my sig for awhile. I think it was my first sig. I recall being an annoying Pixie back in the day.

* ponders for a moment *

Ah... the good o' days...

Ooh! I remember that! Back when you were all about the stabitty death and you used the necromancer avatar. (Were you the one everybody was stealing the bone from, or was that someone else?)

*Ravages signature of the non-compliant Honorary Dutch One banner*

Okay, I'm done. I wanted a smaller signature anyways.

B-Man
2007-08-07, 02:02 PM
@B-Man - I can't remember that one... Post? I know if I see it I'll probably remember it. =P

This guy:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/bman777/kratos.gif

That took awhile to find... seeing as I removed it a long time ago and had to dive deep into my harddrive for it.

Madmal
2007-08-07, 02:10 PM
so do i..... but i can't relate him to any specific actions.

i'm gonna use Rich's quimera for that week...it was my favourite from the default ones.

Lucky
2007-08-07, 03:08 PM
This guy:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/bman777/kratos.gif
I remember him, this was the one you used before you learned to type!

Azrael
2007-08-07, 03:11 PM
I feel like I should add some crap to make mine 12 lines now.

Penguinizer
2007-08-07, 03:13 PM
I think my sig is way too big...

Anyways. Blah, Air-soft gets less fun when it is 30 degrees celcius in the shade.

Lucky
2007-08-07, 03:14 PM
@^ The sig-penguin is, it's 100 pixels too tall for a spoilered image.

I feel like I should add some crap to make mine 12 lines now.

No! Don't fall to the Dark Side!

But really, that's completely unnecessary.

Penguinizer
2007-08-07, 03:16 PM
Oh well, good bye Terminator Penguin...

Anyways. Meh, I might go buy some Airsoft stuff tomorrow.

Azrael
2007-08-07, 03:17 PM
No! Don't fall to the Dark Side!

But really, that's completely unnecessary.
But I'm only using 5 lines! That's only 42%

I should rent the rest out to idiots folks running in "Blank in the Playground" elections.

Lucky
2007-08-07, 03:21 PM
But I'm only using 5 lines! That's only 42%

I should rent the rest out to idiots folks running in "Blank in the Playground" elections.
But... your sig is so perfectly sized...

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-07, 03:38 PM
And I have just become the first person to be affected by Mistaken Identity Week.
XF now has Zers' stuff, so when I was looking at You:V and I saw Zers' avvie etc I naturally thought Zer must have posted when I clicked on the link.
Then I chech the name and it turns out to be XF. :smalleek: :smallfrown:
I will be adressing wrong people all week. My mind is confused now; imagine what it'll be like when everyone whose in on it does it.:smalleek:

Lucky
2007-08-07, 03:44 PM
Try turning off signatures and avatars for a week if you're so worried about it.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-07, 03:46 PM
I'm not, it's just annoying.

Lucky
2007-08-07, 03:47 PM
Well then try turning off signatures and avatars for a week if you're so annoyed about it.

Rockphed
2007-08-07, 03:52 PM
There, my signature is now way over compliant. Now just to get a stick figure of my dragon.

*Goes off to the Avie request forum to bother people.*

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 04:01 PM
Erm, D'anna? Cherry Coke, as in, this? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Cherry) Yeah, I can get that every day if I wanted to.

Umm, sorry this is a few pages late, but no, that's not what I'm talking about, at all. Go to Montreal, go to Mains or the famous one across the street I can't spell (Schrarzez? Shwartzes? Sharawartlebast?) and ask for cherry coke. THAT'S what I'm talking about. And it's available nowhere, except places that sell smoked meat.

And I'm going into Planescape: Torment withdrawal....why.....why can't there be a literary equivalent to it? WHY?

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 04:20 PM
Tee hee! I looked up D'anna Biers on Google images, and got 3 new avatar choices and myself on this forum. First page, too. I'm so awesome.

Lilly
2007-08-07, 04:29 PM
I just moved all the posts discussing the new rules to their own thread in Board Issues. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53053) Go talk about them there.

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 04:30 PM
Oh, great. Now I double posted. Thanks, Lilly. [/senselessgrumbling]
This should teach you to leave the Random Banter random, fellows.

Eldpollard
2007-08-07, 04:31 PM
My search revealed nothing of use to me. Too big or dull. It also had many other people's avatars but not my own.

Missing Shoe
2007-08-07, 04:38 PM
Wow...after doing a search for Missing Shoe (http://images.google.com/images?q=missing+shoe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi), I was surprised to see how little those pictures had to do with shoes. :smallconfused:

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 04:40 PM
Wow...after doing a search for Missing Shoe (http://images.google.com/images?q=missing+shoe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi), I was surprised to see how little those pictures had to do with shoes. :smallconfused:

Cuz they're MISSING, silly.
That seems somewhat of the principle factor of a missing shoe.

Missing Shoe
2007-08-07, 04:58 PM
Drat. Thwarted by my own name. You win this Ms Biers, but know this:

I just wasted moments of your life. Moments which you can never get back. MUHAHAHAAHA!

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 08:19 PM
I would open that to see what I should know, but I don't want to spoil anything. I'm waiting for the sequel!

Logic
2007-08-07, 08:23 PM
I would open that to see what I should know, but I don't want to spoil anything. I'm waiting for the sequel!

Dammit! I opened it, and now the original and the sequel are both ruined for me!

FdL
2007-08-07, 10:35 PM

You know, that's really a great idea.

This should teach you to leave the Random Banter random, fellows.

The fact that it's random...does it mean that we cannot hold on to a topic for a long time? :p
Should posts be totally unrelated and thus forming a totally incoherent discourse? Because that would actually be difficult to pull...Well, not that hasn't happened before LOL :smallbiggrin:

Hell Puppi
2007-08-07, 10:36 PM
Should posts be totally unrelated and thus forming a totally incoherent discourse? Because that would actually be difficult to pull...Well, not that hasn't happened before LOL :smallbiggrin:

Sweet! Unrelated discourse! I'm in!:smallbiggrin:

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 10:37 PM
While we're on the subject of puppies, I really, really like chilli.
Mmmm.
Chilli.

Hell Puppi
2007-08-07, 10:38 PM
me too...dammit now I'm hungry.

DAMN YOU D'ANNA BIERS!

zeratul
2007-08-07, 10:39 PM
I LIKE CHEESE

THE GOVERNMENT IS RUN BY A GIANT LAB RAT

I AM THE WALRUS

(how's that for incoherrent?)

Hell Puppi
2007-08-07, 10:39 PM
Coo coo cachoo?

Jack Squat
2007-08-07, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=D'anna Biers;2998712]Umm, sorry this is a few pages late, but no, that's not what I'm talking about, at all. Go to Montreal, go to Mains or the famous one across the street I can't spell (Schrarzez? Shwartzes? Sharawartlebast?) and ask for cherry coke. THAT'S what I'm talking about. And it's available nowhere, except places that sell smoked meat.QUOTE]

You talking something more like this? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheerwine)

EDIT: V whoops...coulda sworn I copied the link...ah well, fixed

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 10:42 PM
Umm, sorry this is a few pages late, but no, that's not what I'm talking about, at all. Go to Montreal, go to Mains or the famous one across the street I can't spell (Schrarzez? Shwartzes? Sharawartlebast?) and ask for cherry coke. THAT'S what I'm talking about. And it's available nowhere, except places that sell smoked meat.

You talking something more like this? (http://kiksu.irc-galleria.net/g/images21/01/40/81/72/50101653.jpg)

Rare has been that day that I am served a 403 in a resteraunt. Sad, eh?\

HellPuppi: I has an angered dude! Yay! That's a 50 buck commision at my office!

Hell Puppi
2007-08-07, 10:43 PM
What were we talking about?

Oh yeah, food....

I guess having a spastic brain means never having to listen to the same song twice, so I'm lucky in some aspects...

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 10:45 PM
Only if having a spastic brain means having a brains that psychically forces artists to change their CDs after everry listening.

Hell Puppi
2007-08-07, 10:51 PM
I meant in the fact that about 3 minutes after it's played, my brain has already forgetten it was already on.
Or maybe that comes from working retail and having to listen to Christmas music. Everyone else groans at each one and I think "Hey! I like this song!". Hour later when it's on again: "hey! I like this song!"

Nomrom
2007-08-07, 10:51 PM
Coo coo cachoo?

I believe you meant to say goo goo g'joob.

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 10:55 PM
I meant in the fact that about 3 minutes after it's played, my brain has already forgetten it was already on.
Or maybe that comes from working retail and having to listen to Christmas music. Everyone else groans at each one and I think "Hey! I like this song!". Hour later when it's on again: "hey! I like this song!"

I know what you meant, but that never stopped me taking someone literally to act superior.

Hell Puppi
2007-08-07, 10:58 PM
Taking me literally is like trying to translate the language of the ancients from H.P. Lovecraft. You either end up confused, insane or eaten.

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 11:09 PM
Taking me literally is like trying to translate the language of the ancients from H.P. Lovecraft. You either end up confused, insane or eaten.

Check, check, probably not an issue considering my stringy texture and icky taste.
Yes, I checked.

FdL
2007-08-07, 11:17 PM
Nice try, Puppi and the rest. But you see, if you all start talking about food then it's a common topic. Same if you start posting about things you like :p And guess what, if you all start posting in response to the same post, then it's a common topic too :p

In fact, any post that is a response to a previous post creates potentially coherent discourse. It's really a fascinating field of studies ^^

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 11:18 PM
We didn't actually try anything. We stopped because making random posts is booooring.

Rawhide
2007-08-07, 11:19 PM
I like pants. (Part 1 of a 2 part post)

Hell Puppi
2007-08-07, 11:20 PM
Check, check, probably not an issue considering my stringy texture and icky taste.
Yes, I checked.

So this means your like beef jerky?

Hmmm....

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 11:22 PM
I like pants.

You know, you made MOD. That's...frightening. That's like me being SysAd for GitP. Or me being ANYTHING in authority of GitP.
It's....disconcerting.

Lucky
2007-08-07, 11:23 PM
We didn't actually try anything. We stopped because making random posts is booooring.Speaking of boring:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/Tunnel_Boring_Machine_%28Yucca_Mt%29.jpg

Dragonrider
2007-08-07, 11:26 PM
You know, you made MOD. That's...frightening. That's like me being SysAd for GitP. Or me being ANYTHING in authority of GitP.
It's....disconcerting.

You know, we learned about this in karate: You don't bite the hand that feeds you. You don't talk back to your sensei. You don't diss the mods. Or even say anything that even halfway could be semi maybe in a vague form interpreted as such. (And after all, you're comparing him to YOU. :smalltongue:)

Yeah, I know, brownie points were INVENTED by suck-ups like me. :smallbiggrin:

Rawhide
2007-08-07, 11:29 PM
Worldwide Pants Incorporated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwide_Pants_Incorporated)

At the end of every episode of The Late Show with David Letterman, the Worldwide Pants Incorporated logo would pop up with a different saying. The one that stuck to my mind was "I like pants", it was so unexpected, so... out there.

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-07, 11:33 PM
When you think about it, the concept is actually a pretty logical one.

"Hm," thought the ancient man of yore, "I wish my legs and stuff wouldn't get scratched up by all these thistles what I have to pull out of my field. Maybe I should wrap my legs in some sort of cloth tubes or something?"

Also, because he was getting tired of the snickering of the ladyfolk.

Lilly
2007-08-07, 11:48 PM
It's....disconcerting.

"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." *Chesire cat grins and fades away*

Dragonrider
2007-08-07, 11:48 PM
What I wanna know is, how come it took till the 20th century to get women (in our country, at any rate) out of skirts and into said tubes of cloth? Do women's legs not get scratched by said thistles?

(Don't make that into something dirty cuz I can see it coming :smallamused:)

Not that I've got anything against skirts, mind, I like skirts, but honestly, when you think practically.... *shakes head*

Lucky
2007-08-07, 11:49 PM
What I wanna know is, how come it took till the 20th century to get women (in our country, at any rate) out of skirts and into said tubes of cloth? Do women's legs not get scratched by said thistles? :smallamused: Well you see...

Blast.

Ego Slayer
2007-08-07, 11:55 PM
Worldwide Pants Incorporated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwide_Pants_Incorporated)

At the end of every episode of The Late Show with David Letterman, the Worldwide Pants Incorporated logo would pop up with a different saying. The one that stuck to my mind was "I like pants", it was so unexpected, so... out there.
Heh...

Well, since Letterman has been mentioned, I may as well ask if there's anyone else besides me who is no longer amused by The Late Show?

Hell Puppi
2007-08-07, 11:55 PM
I always thought kilts had it right...seems like guys would like some more 'freedom' down there than pants offer.
But thats me.

Rawhide
2007-08-07, 11:58 PM
"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." *Chesire cat grins and fades away*

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Jack Squat
2007-08-07, 11:59 PM
I always thought kilts had it right...seems like guys would like some more 'freedom' down there than pants offer.
But thats me.

kilts are fun, but not too many guys are good at recreating this

http://www.crabbel.de/bilder/Kuenstler-Artisten/Doubles-Doppelgaenger/[email protected]

Dragonrider
2007-08-08, 12:05 AM
:smallamused:

For my birthday dinner last Saturday, my parents took me out to one of the nicest restaurants in town (keeping in mind it's just a little Western town). I wore a skirt. My mom wore a skirt. My dad wore his Utilikilt (which was longer than either of our skirts).

I was like... "Dad, could you be...NORMAL for one evening? Just for me?"

But of course, he can't. I guess I know where I get it. :smalltongue:

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-08, 12:10 AM
What I wanna know is, how come it took till the 20th century to get women (in our country, at any rate) out of skirts and into said tubes of cloth? Do women's legs not get scratched by said thistles?

Not that I've got anything against skirts, mind, I like skirts, but honestly, when you think practically.... *shakes head*

Skirts are probably easier to make than tubes of cloth. I think the original answer to that question is buried in the mists of Tradition. Probably for greater ease in childbirth? :smallconfused:

Besides, everyday clothing hasn't been motivated solely by practicality for some thousands of years now.
The 19th-century and nowadays spring especially to mind.
"I'm running from predators, but I have to use one hand to hold up my pants! On the other hand, I could probably use my T-shirt as a parachute if I jump off that cliff..."

"Stay back, I know how to tie a Windsor, and I've got a cummerbund and spats besides!"

Rockphed
2007-08-08, 12:11 AM
Wait, you first ask why it took so long for women to get out of skirts, and then wonder why your dad was in a skirt? Something is very odd.

As for why it took so long to get women out of skirts: Men thought that if women wore pants the morals of everybody would go down hill. I have not noticed such, but I am less than half a century old. Maybe the morals of everybody went down the tubes 40 years ago, and I didn't notice. At any rate, women wearing tight pants look really good.:smallamused:

Skippy
2007-08-08, 12:16 AM
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Aww... I was going to write the white text part... And then I found it out...

Rawhide
2007-08-08, 12:23 AM
An appeal for sanity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsb5W0m3S-Y).

Serpentine
2007-08-08, 12:46 AM
You know, the ancient Greeks thought the Persians were effeminate because they wore pants and beards...
Anyway, I suspect that if you look carefully, behind all that damnable Victorian era uber-prudishness, you'll find a lot of pants-wearing females through history.

Penguinizer
2007-08-08, 01:40 AM
Hmm...

I might aswell go insane. I'll save my sanity for when I need it. There's only so much of it to go around...

InaVegt
2007-08-08, 06:58 AM
Giantitp looks different from a text based browser, you know. You should try it sometime, I guess.

IRC is also very different from inside the terminal.

Rawhide
2007-08-08, 07:02 AM
http://www.users.on.net/~rawhide/message_for_gez.gif

Castaras
2007-08-08, 07:05 AM
You're a cruel person, Rawhide. Very cruel. :smalltongue:

Azrael
2007-08-08, 07:14 AM
You're a cruel person, Rawhide. Very cruel. :smalltongue:

Cruel? Or awesome?

InaVegt
2007-08-08, 07:22 AM
I'm just going to ignore that, Rawhide. You do realize it's not sporting to use images to answer someone who can't
see them, that's like using hand signals to tell something to a blind person.

Do note that I cheated and looked it up in firefox, so I know what you said.

*sticks out tongue* (or, for those with visible images: :tongue:)

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-08, 08:07 AM
I haven't had good experience with the GITP IRC room; I didn't see anyone I knew there, and everyone seemed grumpy. :smallfrown:

Azrael
2007-08-08, 08:08 AM
I haven't had good experience with the GITP IRC room; I didn't see anyone I knew there, and everyone seemed grumpy. :smallfrown:

... welcome to IRC?

Serpentine
2007-08-08, 08:22 AM
I haven't had very good experience with it either. I'm always the only one there :smallfrown: It's okay though, I've found the AIM chat ^_^

Skippy
2007-08-08, 09:04 AM
I haven't used that one. But since I don't use AIM, I guess it's only logical...

Alarra
2007-08-08, 09:06 AM
I haven't used that one. But since I don't use AIM, I guess it's only logical...

It's okay, we'll have the msn one up more again and you can chat in there. :smallbiggrin:

phoenixineohp
2007-08-08, 09:11 AM
Those did quiet down lately, didn't they.

B-Man
2007-08-08, 09:13 AM
There hasn't been an MSN chat for a long time, hasn't there?

Alarra
2007-08-08, 09:17 AM
There were 20 people in it day before yesterday. Neither of you were online. We have started having them again though. But yeah, it'd stopped for a good long while.

B-Man
2007-08-08, 09:19 AM
Well, if it were Monday, yeah I definitely couldn't've been online. I was having too much fun at Canada's Wonderland! :smallcool:

I hadn't had that much fun since... the last time I went to Wonderland (which was 6 years ago)!

Eldpollard
2007-08-08, 09:59 AM
Is there a link to the msn chat?

I have learned something today. 69 pence is too little to spend on two bottles of soy sauce. There was at least 15% salt, probably more. I think I'll spend more next time.

Vonriel
2007-08-08, 10:16 AM
No, Eld. You just have to be online when it's started, as I've found out.

SDF
2007-08-08, 10:31 AM
Bah, my home internet is being problematic, so I might not be around for a while.

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-08, 10:50 AM
There were 20 people in it day before yesterday. Neither of you were online. We have started having them again though. But yeah, it'd stopped for a good long while.

How does one connect to such chats? :smallconfused:

Vonriel
2007-08-08, 10:51 AM
No, Eld. You just have to be online when it's started, as I've found out.

It's an odd feeling, quoting oneself. If you have AIM, you can connect yourself, but on MSN.. well, yeah.

Madmal
2007-08-08, 11:00 AM

wait, monday night?

yeah, i wasn't online (not even pretending i'm not online), i was watching the Simpsons Movie....

Missing Shoe
2007-08-08, 11:38 AM
I miss those massive msn chats. Cant wait till I have internet at my apartment again so I can join the chat madness!

Hoggy
2007-08-08, 11:48 AM
Oh, wow, there's GitP MSN chats as well? Awesome.

Vonriel
2007-08-08, 11:49 AM
Ayup, MSN and AIM chats. Maybe some in other IM formats as well, but those are the two I'm familiar with. I wonder why people seem to be surprised by this :smalltongue:

Castaras
2007-08-08, 11:52 AM
AIM and MSN chats...Not many people use Yahoo, to my knowledge.

More that I have only three yahoo contacts...

Cyrano
2007-08-08, 11:54 AM
Of course (at least on MSN) one needs email adresses, contact lists, etc. IE, someone has to like you.*
*This is why you are safe, chatters!
Yeah, anyway, while we're not being self deprecating here....
Wait, without self deprecation at least 90% of my posts lack a point. Frick! What the hell am I going to talk about now?

Pwenet
2007-08-08, 11:54 AM
AIM chats!

I'm a little shocked by that, for everyone on these boards I have been talking to uses MSN it seems.

That's the main reason why I dug out my old account and reinstalled it on this machine.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-08-08, 11:58 AM
I only have two people from this board on MSN. The vast majority have added me on AIM.

Pwenet
2007-08-08, 11:59 AM
I only have two people from this board on MSN. The vast majority have added me on AIM.

For me it is the opposite, I have added 28 people to MSN, none on AIM.

Interesting.

zeratul
2007-08-08, 12:00 PM
I have the advantage in those chats of only like 4 people lnowing my SN, so no one knows who i am on chats.

Eldpollard
2007-08-08, 12:03 PM
How do we join these Gitp chats?
It would be useful to know for future reference.

Castaras
2007-08-08, 12:04 PM
MSN chats, you have to be invited.

AIM chats, just invite yourself into ootschat.

Korith
2007-08-08, 12:18 PM
Also, the people who assemble these chats tend to lift MSN info from people's profiles when it's shown

<- See mine?

Chances are, you could get in by PMing...

Who starts these things, anyway? I want to say "Alarra", but it's not always her, I don't think.

Eldpollard
2007-08-08, 12:21 PM
Ah, I don't have any playgrounders' MSN info so that would cause a problem. If anyone wants mine it's on my profile.

B-Man
2007-08-08, 12:22 PM
I helped found the ootschat on AIM way back in October with Lucky and Bookie. The ones on MSN seem to be made by either Alarra or Mal.

@V :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Vonriel
2007-08-08, 12:23 PM
Usually, on MSN, it's Alarra, I think. On AIM, I'm pretty certain ootschat has always been there. There's always someone in it, even if they aren't talking (Yes, Neo|Phyte, this one's directed at you :smalltongue: ) The ootschat just.. is. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Aww, B-Man, you ruined my fun...

Madmal
2007-08-08, 12:29 PM
I helped found the ootschat on AIM way back in October with Lucky and Bookie. The ones on MSN seem to be made by either Alarra or Mal.

@V :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

actually, i just suggest; EmeraldRose or Ms E used to start them.

B-Man
2007-08-08, 12:43 PM
Well, you still contribute to the creation of the MSN chats. You still get that credit. *shrug*

Vonriel
2007-08-08, 12:45 PM
Speaking of, where did Ms. E go? I haven't seen her around RB in a while.

North
2007-08-08, 12:49 PM
Like a tired bass player im a beat behind in the conversation.

I hate pants. stupid pants getting all up in my business. damn you for being practical!

Cyrano
2007-08-08, 12:53 PM
North....just......why? Why? Why do we need to know that? I mean, hot damn, I don't care about your panting or pantless shenanigans, North. Nobody does. And now i can't get the image of a pantsless faerie out of my head.

North
2007-08-08, 12:55 PM
I like pants. (Part 1 of a 2 part post)

I had to present the other side of the debate. This isnt Propaganda in the Playground. The other side must be told!

Thes Hunter
2007-08-08, 12:57 PM
hee hee hee. He said pants.

BIG PANT TREKING! (http://www.rathergood.com/pants/)
** Warning site may contain explicit Pant images

---

Anyways, I have been wondering, why have people begun to feel the need to tell us that they won't be able to post more than once a day or so?

You all ain't my parents, so I feel no need to tell you guys if I am going to be gone for a few days. :smallwink:

Cyrano
2007-08-08, 12:57 PM
They're the mods. It IS propoganda. Hell, I use propoganda all the time. And...in this case...no, it didn't have to be told. At all.

Thes, they say it because somewhere in their minds they have the misassumption people care. That's the same misassumption that leads to, say, marriage, dates, advertisements, me, russian nesting dolls, yaknow the works.
We're under the same misassumption. We think we care. But we don't, because I'm A, always right, and B, a solipsist. So ha.

Korith
2007-08-08, 12:59 PM
North....just......why? Why? Why do we need to know that? I mean, hot damn, I don't care about your panting or pantless shenanigans, North. Nobody does. And now i can't get the image of a pantsless faerie out of my head.

Methinks D'Anna doth protest too much.

Cyrano
2007-08-08, 01:00 PM
Methinks D'Anna doth protest too much.

Methinks Korith doth mispell my name, quoth too much Shakespeare, and has a disturbing faculty for assuming people enjoy the thought of pantsless faeries.

Korith
2007-08-08, 01:02 PM
Verily, two caps may be too much for thee.
Must I withstand thy wit for long?
Indeed, for I shall endure it thrice more than the next man.
Now join together as we celebrate in pantsless song.

Cyrano
2007-08-08, 01:03 PM
I would clap, except I have a pressing need to never, ever speak to you again. *runs off into the sunset.*

Thes Hunter
2007-08-08, 01:06 PM
Ah now, don't pick on Korith, he is a very fine wolf. Look he can even speak in Iambic pentameter.... I think.

North
2007-08-08, 01:08 PM
Thes Hunter. Damn you and your pants laden links! And even worse they were giant underpants! Shame.

Also yeah. I agree with you about the telling of people that they wont be posting. With the exception of the play by post games. Because they actually are waiting for you.

Korith
2007-08-08, 01:10 PM
It's okay.

D'anna, the self-proclaimed troll, merely succumbed to my supernatural aura of troll-combustion. Troll-types tend to fear me, especially if they seem to start losing an argument.

In fact, I'd say D'anna may even be redeemable. The reply to my prose was quite civil. :smallbiggrin:

Thes Hunter
2007-08-08, 01:10 PM
Thes Hunter. Damn you and your pants laden links! And even worse they were giant underpants! Shame.

Also yeah. I agree with you about the telling of people that they wont be posting. With the exception of the play by post games. Because they actually are waiting for you.

Just because I am a Yank doesn't mean I don't get it.

Remember I am Charity in trousers.... or is that Charity is me in a skirt... I always get that confused. :smallbiggrin:

Vonriel
2007-08-08, 01:11 PM
Not.. quite, Thes. None of his lines even had 10 syllables. :smalltongue:

Madmal
2007-08-08, 01:11 PM
Remember I am Charity in trousers.... or is that Charity is me in a skirt... I always get that confused. :smallbiggrin:

i'm tempted to say "kinky"...

i shall refrain from saying "kinky"...

North
2007-08-08, 01:15 PM
Well the last person I know who used the Nom De Guerre of Charity was a [SCRUBBED CONVERSATION.] till we ran out of loonies.

\/ are you trying to make an ass out of me?:smallbiggrin:

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-08, 01:17 PM

Perhaps you should turn the other cheek(s) then :smallbiggrin:

Penguinizer
2007-08-08, 01:42 PM
And now for something completely different... (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z8IiJk4Imds)

I recommend D'ianna guards our collective sanity and doesn't open that.

bosssmiley
2007-08-08, 01:58 PM
And now for something completely different... (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z8IiJk4Imds)

Well, that made perfect sense. :smalltongue:

Pance Dance (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39587148/)

Thes Hunter
2007-08-08, 02:00 PM
Well, that made perfect sense. :smalltongue:

I think I have become too old to understand.

*rocks in her chairs*
*Chews the end of a toothpick*
*shakes her fist*
"KIDS GET OFF MY RB!"
*sprays everyone with a hose*

Korith
2007-08-08, 02:01 PM
*sprays everyone with a hose*

Mmmmm....good times in summer.

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-08, 02:05 PM

My sides hurt now :smallsigh:

Penguinizer
2007-08-08, 02:06 PM
Atleast it makes more sense than this... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmUCYN1FYLA&mode=related&search=)

Too bad I forgot to place my vote for Eurovision.