PDA

View Full Version : Lilly's Lovely Random Banter #87

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Amotis
2007-08-10, 01:14 AM
Omg, Roland, you posted a link to these people and now I'm addicted. Jerk. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArZxLj6DLk&NR=1)

Bosssmiley linked to it first! :smallbiggrin:

I too am addicted. Jenny is one of the best examples of musical comedy I've ever heard. I love awkward laughing. In time, of course.

Archonic Energy
2007-08-10, 03:53 AM
Ah ha! Close!

But unfortunately for you, I have been waiting for you to get close enough for me to give you that arse kicking that you so rightly deserve for saying I only be famous for being Charity's alt.

*Thump-A*

*delayed reaction*
Ow... i guess i deserve it though

Anyway, I'm followin' my brothers footsteps. Namely, 22, no driving lessons. Fun.

try 27 no Driving lessons & tee-total. my mates hate me because i can't even be the designated driver :smallsmile:

Jack Squat
2007-08-10, 08:16 AM
SDF, nobody actually thinks anyone else can drive. Seriously, just pay attention sometime. :smallsigh:

Mistakes I can handle, and tolerate easily...If I didn't, I wouldn't allow myself on the road (just got a stick two weeks ago, still getting the hang of it). It's the people that drive centered on the double yellow lines, going 20 mph under the speed limit, and pulling out infront of me so that I have to slam on the brakes to slow down in time that I get mad at.

Most people can drive, but somehow you always run into the idiots on the road.

Vonriel
2007-08-10, 09:22 AM
Oh, but Jack, you forgot about the people who think they can merge onto an interstate where people are going an average of 70 MPH while at 45 MPH. That's not a mistake, that's just.. I dunno what that is, but it's annoying.

Archonic Energy
2007-08-10, 09:25 AM
Most people can drive, but somehow you always run into the idiots on the road.

that's how accidents happen... :smallwink:

InaVegt
2007-08-10, 10:08 AM
Idiots I can handle, blind people are the ones I hate, you know, the people who don't notice you even if you're
hovering a centimeter away from their eyes and still drive.

Thes Hunter
2007-08-10, 10:10 AM
Vonril and Jack, all ya all gots to get out of da south, ya hear?

Vonriel
2007-08-10, 10:12 AM
Do you consider Washington, D.C. the south, too? Because.. *shudder*

Thes Hunter
2007-08-10, 10:18 AM
Do you consider Washington, D.C. the south, too? Because.. *shudder*

Washington DC is near Mason Dixon line. It also is bordered by Virginia, and according to a survey, more people from Viriginia feel they are part of "The South" than any other state. So yeah, it's partially the South, and partially the East Coast, which is a bad mix.

But yeah, in DC you have a mix of a bunch of different driving styles, on top of cramped inner city on-ramps that are designed for people to merge into traffic going 55. Which is bound to make hellish driving conditions.

Vonriel
2007-08-10, 10:21 AM
I see. Ok then, yeah, it might be the south. But wait! What about Detroit? I hear traffic there is horrible.

Thes Hunter
2007-08-10, 10:25 AM
I see. Ok then, yeah, it might be the south. But wait! What about Detroit? I hear traffic there is horrible.

That's because we have people who drop bricks off of overpasses, and an aging infrastructure that hasn't been taken care of, and an auto industry that doesn't believe in public transportation, and on-ramps that are too short even if traffic is driving at 55 miles an hour to merge, but us Michigan drivers believe the speed limit is something to obtain on our way up to ninety.

But, DC traffic is worse, by far, far, far.

But Cincinnati on-ramps are the worst (in my experience), but then again, I swear they let goats be their city planners.

MountainKing
2007-08-10, 10:33 AM
That's because we have people who drop bricks off of overpasses, and an aging infrastructure that hasn't been taken care of, and an auto industry that doesn't believe in public transportation, and on-ramps that are too short even if traffic is driving at 55 miles an hour to merge, but us Michigan drivers believe the speed limit is something to obtain on our way up to ninety.

They're more like guidelines than actual rules. :smallbiggrin:

Vonriel
2007-08-10, 10:34 AM
All I can remember of DC traffic is that "a good day" consists of traffic crawling along at 10 miles per hour. A bad day.. well.. you don't ever wanna be in DC on a bad day of traffic. :smalltongue:

Thes Hunter
2007-08-10, 10:39 AM
All I can remember of DC traffic is that "a good day" consists of traffic crawling along at 10 miles per hour. A bad day.. well.. you don't ever wanna be in DC on a bad day of traffic. :smalltongue:

DC and LA are the two worst in the country. I saw a report recently giving a huge number of hours wasted in commute time for DC.

New York did it right, they put the public transport infrastructure in before they grew all sprawling.

But if you as a city sprawl before you do HUGE public transport efforts, than your peoples will only give more of their money to the oil companies, and their time being dazzled by the beautious landscape of the gridlocked interstate.

Dragonrider
2007-08-10, 11:05 AM
On "CarTalk" when my family was living just outside of Los Angeles, I remember a guy called in from LA saying that he didn't own a car and biked around the city, and should he buy a car? he'd already been hit once. And the guys were like, "No, go for it - and we'll send your mother flowers if somebody runs you over. You must be the only guy in that whole city who doesn't have a car."

Probably true. It's against the law to build a house without a two-car garage.

wadledo
2007-08-10, 11:27 AM
To skip over Dragonrider (sorry)

All of you are wrong, Boston is absolutely the worst traffic anywhere.
Just look at what we have to do for insurance! This week alone I've been nearly run over four times, rear ended three, and someone chucked a half eaten sandwich at me!
No wonder we have a negative population growth.

bosssmiley
2007-08-10, 11:44 AM
Bosssmiley linked to it first! :smallbiggrin:

Can't take credit for that I'm afraid. I misremember who did first link to them, but this Unknown Banterer should be duly honoured for their great find.

And you want bad traffic? Get this. In 2004 the traffic in London moved at the same average speed as it did in the 1880s, when all the traffic was pulled by horses! So much for progress. :smallwink:

Korith
2007-08-10, 11:56 AM
Ha! Statistics!

Keep in mind that the average volume of people being moved will have increased substantially.

Furthermore, the amount of...horse fertilization...has been nearly zeroed (though admitedly replaced by pollutants of a different nature).

Cyrano
2007-08-10, 12:22 PM
Can't take credit for that I'm afraid. I misremember who did first link to them, but this Unknown Banterer should be duly honoured for their great find.

Ooooh, of course! We should have known better than to pin the betterment of society on bosssmiley's head.

But y'all want bad traffic? Come to Montreal, man!

I don't, actually have a reason...I just hate Montreal drivers.

phoenixineohp
2007-08-10, 12:39 PM
I've heard that it's the Montreal drivers who speed up to hit you really nicely, while the Torontoians slow down for accuracy. Is this true?

SurlySeraph
2007-08-10, 12:41 PM
Ooooh, of course! We should have known better than to pin the betterment of society on bosssmiley's head.

But y'all want bad traffic? Come to Montreal, man!

I don't, actually have a reason...I just hate Montreal drivers.

I don't live in Montreal. Thank God. I've been there twice, and I nearly got killed by cars countless times. Even though I spent most of the time in rural areas where there aren't a lot of cars. I don't know what's wrong with them - maybe hearing Quebecois-accented French all day drives everyone insane?

I've heard that it's the Montreal drivers who speed up to hit you really nicely, while the Torontoians slow down for accuracy. Is this true?

I can't comment on Toronto, but yes, Montreal drivers speed up if anything's in their path, whether the thing in their path is a pedestrian, a traffic barrier, a moose, another car, a tree, a lake, etc.

Pendragonx
2007-08-10, 12:44 PM
To skip over Dragonrider (sorry)

All of you are wrong, Boston is absolutely the worst traffic anywhere.
Just look at what we have to do for insurance! This week alone I've been nearly run over four times, rear ended three, and someone chucked a half eaten sandwich at me!
No wonder we have a negative population growth.

I agree with this fellow. It's why I rarely drive anywhere in Boston. The only Boston driving I do is driving under the death-trap Big Dig tunnel to get north of the city. Oh, and our population decrease has more to do with the price of living in this state, than anything, in my opinion. heh.

Cyrano
2007-08-10, 12:44 PM

No! That's ridiculous! Torontonians stop for pedestrians. Really. I mean, they have those Remingtons for a reason. And Montrealers don't speed up. I mean, they're not watching the road, how would they know when to do it? They just put their foot on the gas and lie back, get a good book, argue with significant others, you know.

Korith
2007-08-10, 12:48 PM
It depends actually...

On whether you're a tourist.

Cyrano
2007-08-10, 12:50 PM
It depends actually...

On whether you're a tourist.

Come now, Korith! We're CANADIANS, we're not rascist! We hate all biological life forms equally.
God...damn....bunnies....*Kill spree*

Korith
2007-08-10, 12:50 PM
As both a Canadian and a one-time tourist in Montreal...

I understand why the tourists walk in packs...

Lord Herman
2007-08-10, 12:51 PM
We hate all biological life forms equally.

That can only mean one of two things; either Canadians are a self-loathing people, or... they're all ROBOTS!

Cyrano
2007-08-10, 12:52 PM
As both a Canadian and a one-time tourist in Montreal...

I understand why the tourists walk in packs...

Ease of killingness? Or is it because their flavours intermingle in a delightful blend of fear, pain, and cloth fabric? Because seriously, if you wanna stay alive in Montreal, go alone, go singly, try to hide, and avoid the trees. Groups just make us hungry.

Korith
2007-08-10, 12:52 PM
That can only mean one of two things; either Canadians are a self-loathing people, or... they're all ROBOTS!

*Presses the "Lord Herman Knows. Begin Termination Procedure" button*

Thes Hunter
2007-08-10, 12:55 PM
You know, while I visited Montreal, I don't remember having a hard time with traffic (other than trying to guess what the signs said).

I had the most trouble with prissy people not understanding that I didn't speak French. :smallsmile:

Cyrano
2007-08-10, 12:55 PM

You know, I was going to say something amazingly witty and scathing here, but then I realised that it's probably too true to be funny.
*Sniff*
Self loathing robots. Such a sad state of affairs.

EDIT: True, Thes. I had a bus driver yell at me because I didn't speak french well enough and god damnit, I live here!

Penguinizer
2007-08-10, 01:54 PM
School Starts on Tuesday T.T

Also, I was in Estonia yesterday and today morning. And, I really mean this, wanted to buy a cheap, world war 2 era rifle scope '-.-

Yes, I found a place that had them. I also found a store selling authentic world war 2 army gear...

They also had musket pistols. And other stuff.

Cyrano
2007-08-10, 01:55 PM
Why do all the other countries have cool stuff? We don't even get Yorkies.

Penguinizer
2007-08-10, 01:56 PM
Well...

Then again, I would say it probably wasn't authentic though. Since this was in a market...

But still. That one antique store was awesome. Authentic world war 2 gear. Good for any Airsoft player who wants a world war 2 gear set.

Cyrano
2007-08-10, 01:58 PM
Hell, I would love even an inauthentic authentic WW2 scope. Or WW2 uniform. Or WW2 rifle. Or WW2 anything.
Then again, WW2 tank tops the list.

Thes Hunter
2007-08-10, 01:59 PM

Also, I was in Estonia yesterday and today morning. And, I really mean this, wanted to buy a cheap, world war 2 era rifle scope '-.-

Yes, I found a place that had them. I also found a store selling authentic world war 2 army gear...

Hmmmmmmm..... drinking ships to Estonia.....

*dreams*

I have been promised a tour to estonia (or Stockholm) as soon as we all save up for a trip over there. But since everyone went to Tokyo this year, and another couple hit Poland, it will be next year at the very earlist that we will go. Will have to call my friend and see if she has any plans to go home and wants to organize a trip.

Penguinizer
2007-08-10, 02:00 PM
Yeah, a world war 2 style scope would be nice. Although I only had a passing glance at it. Might not have even been world war 2 style. But still awesome.

Anyways. I wonder, do you need a fire arm license to have a musket rifle...

Not that I intend getting one :P

Cyrano
2007-08-10, 02:06 PM
Depends. I think that most of 'em can't even shoot, on account of having their chamber blocked off. Otherwise, probably depends on the state.
The only thing I want more than a real life sword is a vintage firearm set, really.

Penguinizer
2007-08-10, 02:13 PM
I don't think they had rifles. But they did have some nice swords. And metals.

And miniature cannons >.>

I liked that shop...

phoenixineohp
2007-08-10, 02:54 PM
On campus we have a cannon that was used in the war of 1812. Some engineering students a long time ago figured out something and fired it. Twice I think. Now it's got concrete filling it up. There have been plenty more pranks though and it gets painted almost every night. :smallbiggrin:

Thes Hunter
2007-08-10, 03:08 PM
On campus we have a cannon that was used in the war of 1812. Some engineering students a long time ago figured out something and fired it. Twice I think. Now it's got concrete filling it up. There have been plenty more pranks though and it gets painted almost every night. :smallbiggrin:

We, being my old Alma Mater, the University of Michigan, have a Rock that is painted almost every night. It is believed the Rock is now more paint than stone. :smallbiggrin:

phoenixineohp
2007-08-10, 03:14 PM
I've never heard of it getting totally cleaned off, but they do try every once in a while. Apparently the library archives have paint chips that show hundreds of layers of paint. Personally I have a large chip that shows multitudes of layers. I was surprised to find that some were still wet. :smalleek: It looks so different in original photographs. Heck, it has a shape! :smalltongue:

But it's not always covered in paint. I've seen it covered in math notes, sod, peanut butter and bird seed and a mountain of popcorn. The squirrels love the unusual coatings. :smallbiggrin:

sktarq
2007-08-10, 03:16 PM
That stone is probably great for helping the geology students and srata lessions.

Castaras
2007-08-11, 05:37 AM
Geology's fun....Only reason I'm doing Geography for GCSE this year...

And that painted rock sounds awesome. Would be a fun place to draw an OotS style thing there...:smallamused:

Penguinizer
2007-08-11, 05:58 AM
That makes perfect sense. Heh, Someone draw the order of the stick on it. I wonder, how long till theres a fence around it...

Nomrom
2007-08-11, 12:03 PM
If it's a college tradition to draw on that rock, then there won't ever be a fence around the rock. And if there is it will be ignored so many time to draw on the rock, that they will realize it was pointless.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-11, 12:09 PM
*runs through the thread*

YAY! I'm not in school this semester!!! :smallbiggrin:

In other news...we had a heckuva storm last night and there's trees down everywhere. Until the one across our driveway is gone, I'll have lots of extra time to hang out online and check threads! YAY again!

Serpentine
2007-08-11, 12:16 PM
The ecology department of my uni has and uses Vietnam vintage nightvision goggles.

Unfortunately, my college's "wine appreciation club" initiation ceremony involved drinking a mouthful of something horrible like varnish and then throwing up on a rock. :smallsigh:

zeratul
2007-08-11, 12:20 PM

For me, it doesn't start for another month.:smallbiggrin: .

phoenixineohp
2007-08-11, 01:17 PM
I miss school... yay? :smallconfused: Saying that kinda feels like saying you want to be shot and are looking forward to it. Yes it's something like stress induced hell, but it's my stress induced hell.

I finished my boring and pointless summer distance ed course and am now home with my parents for a month. Then back to school, my apartment and a town that I like with people that I like and know. :smallsmile:

Castaras
2007-08-11, 01:18 PM
Yeah...My school doesn't restart 'til September...Woo!

Lilly
2007-08-11, 01:25 PM
I miss school. I really miss school. I wanna go back.

Nomrom
2007-08-11, 01:31 PM
I'm not going back to college for the next two tears, and I'm going to miss it. I'll be doing missionary work instead though, and I'm really looking forward to that, so it'll be okay.

Vonriel
2007-08-11, 02:07 PM
Considering I'm in school essentially year-round, it's impossible for me to miss it. I do, however, miss my old school, which was in an area with people I knew. :smallsigh:

EmeraldRose
2007-08-11, 02:12 PM
Now don't get me wrong...I plan to go back to school again. But I am most definitely going to be enjoying just working for the next year!!!!! (Also the paychecks!)

Charity
2007-08-11, 02:20 PM
I miss school. I really miss school. I wanna go back.

You can clean the board rubbers if you want.

Penguinizer
2007-08-11, 02:36 PM
Hmm...

I must escape into these tubes that are the forums!!

*Crashing sound is heard*
Umm...

*Hides*

Dragonrider
2007-08-11, 03:00 PM
I start September 25. Technically. But I'm taking the PSAT in October which means I started studying this week.

ocato
2007-08-11, 03:48 PM
I move in next week, which is a lovely surprise as I was worried I wouldn't get to go because I'm a captain insano.

Diplomacy check 4tw?

Mr. Moon
2007-08-11, 04:25 PM
I'm re-taking math with my mom's freind's daughter's husband. o.o It's a lot easier the third time through... :smallsigh:

Nomrom
2007-08-11, 04:28 PM
I start September 25. Technically. But I'm taking the PSAT in October which means I started studying this week.

Wait, you've already started studying for the PSAT? Wow, you are more dedicated that I could ever hope to be.

Em Blackleaf
2007-08-11, 04:33 PM
I'm starting school on the 20th.
I'm excited, which makes me feel nerdy.
I go to school for my friends mostly, the smart-making part is easy.

I'm in this advanced math class, I'm going into Geometry for eighth grade! Intimidating. The problem is, I absolutely hate math. Which is normal, I guess, for someone who doesn't like sitting around figuring stuff out.
I'm not ready to cram more math into my brain just yet.

Beaudoin
2007-08-11, 04:49 PM
Geometry? Now you're starting your first steps onto true math, as opposed to arithmetic. Expect a lot of formal proofs and other lengthy busywork. There's a reason your former math teachers were (or should have been) drilling the "Show your work" routine into you.

Hoggy
2007-08-11, 05:09 PM
Oh, yeah, er, school...

/me glances left.

I don't want to go back to school.

/me pushes a pile of unfinished unstarted schoolwork, coursework, and university prospectuses under the desk.

This year is going to suck.

EDITED FOR THE TRUTH!

EDITED AGAIN FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-11, 05:50 PM
Wow. What an interesting day.

Last night ER and I were were lucky enough to play some D&D with Adanedhel9's gaming group. (I play a Paladin, and ER plays (surprise!) a rogue.)

ER and I got home from playing D&D at around 12:30 or and didn't finally wind down until 1:30 AM.

At 3:15 I woke up to a lot of lightning, severe gusts, and thunder. Disoriented, and for some reason thinking someone might be in the house with us, I walked around the house checking the doors. As I looked out our back deck - I noticed our grill (weighs 250 lbs.?) pushed all the way over to the railing. I thought, 'That's unusual...' and head back to bed.

At 8:15 there was frantic knocking and the doorbell ringing. Turns out we had a big storm (http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_6602029?source=rv) last night and there was a tree knocked down and across the driveway!

All together we lost 5 trees in our yard - large trees, like trees Wood Elves would live in. Three Evergreens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergreen) were shorn off, one shrub was uprooted, the tree that split in half dropping a three foot diameter trunk across the driveway, and a final one in the backyard spitting in half as well.

We've spent the majority of the day clearing out the driveway - so we can leave for things like food - and making the yard safe for or son William to run around in.

Here's the view of our front house from the street... (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/Jdebelly/Tree5.jpg)

It's gone now thanks to the friendly neighborhood landscapers and their wood chipper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_chipper).

Picture 1 (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/Jdebelly/Tree4.jpg)
That's me standing in the back yard in front of one of the trees. I stand almost 6 ft.... don't ask what I weigh.

Here's the view of our backyard from our deck... (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/Jdebelly/Tree2.jpg)

Amotis
2007-08-11, 07:07 PM
Hold crap! Those are huge trees. I'm glad everyone's okay. Those could of caused some massive damage.

Vonriel
2007-08-11, 07:10 PM
Anyone in Virginia remember when the remains of Rita tore through a few years back? I wish I had pictures of my Uncle's house from then, because they had this huge dead tree in their front yard when it hit, and their roof was speared (literally) by branches from it.

I think Durkon was right.

Quincunx
2007-08-11, 07:11 PM
Pfft, say I. Showing your work is the sort of thing done by. . .by. . .by hardened and shameless note-takers and other people who work for their education! Better just to drop scrawl 'til the brain drops into sixth gear and spits out the answer.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-11, 07:12 PM
Yup! The fun part is we're under a severe weather warning right now, with a weather system on the way in with damaging winds in excess of 60 MPH. (96.5 KPH) Which is nearly the wind speed as what took those trees down last night.

Fortunately it looks as though most of this storm will pass just to the north of us. Unfortunately, this takes it through the middle of the Cities...:smalleek:

Hopefully it won't be as bad as they are predicting!!!!!!!!

Nomrom
2007-08-11, 07:21 PM
Wow, that was confusing.
I was trying to figure out where you guys lived, so I checked out your locations. That's when I saw they were different, and I was like, no that can't be right. So, I checked in that thread where everyone posted where they lived, and saw you both live in Minnesota. Then I wondered why you lied in your location until I remembered it was the MI week and you had changed it.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-11, 07:22 PM
Wow, that was confusing.
I was trying to figure out where you guys lived, so I checked out your locations. That's when I saw they were different, and I was like, no that can't be right. So, I checked in that thread where everyone posted where they lived, and saw you both live in Minnesota. Then I wondered why you lied in your location until I remembered it was the MI week and you had changed it.

Heh! Yay for MI Week!

No..I'm not really in the UK. :smallbiggrin:

Rawhide
2007-08-11, 07:23 PM
*pssst* I hear that EmeraldRose and Andre Fairchilde don't even live in the same country any more!

EmeraldRose
2007-08-11, 07:27 PM
*gasp*

They don't?!?!? When did that happen?

*runs off to tell everyone*

Vonriel
2007-08-11, 07:31 PM
Hah hah, that Prince of Rose, such a kidder.

Beaudoin
2007-08-11, 07:33 PM
Dammit, why is it that the Twin Cities gets all the interesting (if not exactly desirable) weather? All we've really had up in the Fargo/Moorhead area is hot and occassionally muggy days.

MOORHEAD DEMANDS SOME INCLEMENT WEATHER!

Rawhide
2007-08-11, 07:35 PM
*turns on Wii after not touching it for months due to study*
*performs system update*

I probably should have done some more research before doing the update, but I've taken the plunge anyway. Oh, and apparently it includes USB keyboard support (but not for the browser yet), so we could be seeing the ability to actually type on the browser soon.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-11, 07:36 PM
*Prince of Roses sends -50 F temps to Fargo/ Moorhead (pre-windchill) to be delivered upon receipt of end of hmmm...shall we say October?*

:smallwink:

Or did you mean abnormal stuffs? Because I'll have to speak to the weather gods about that...I don't think I can send this weather system back your way...I'll try though...:smallbiggrin:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-11, 07:48 PM
Ummm.... you never know there might be an Ice Age coming.

Do you really want to wish the center of the continent -50 degrees in October? We might feel a little of that too... I'm sure would be impact on our weather...

Our final picture of my lovely wife with tree in our driveway. (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/Jdebelly/Tree7.jpg)

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-11, 08:46 PM
Hey, I just got a new computer. It has a Tablet screen. I'm so happy.:smallsmile:

Cyrano
2007-08-11, 08:49 PM
Currently, I'm in Toronto in a vacation. It's such a change! I mean, a province where the drivers don't actively kill you! Where the only thing thick enough to cut is the smog, rather than the assorted malice and spite of a thousand thousand Frenchmen. Where the used bookstored sell use books, instead of the used stores that have been chewed up and spit out in the grinding advance of capitalism and Indigo. Fun.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-11, 08:52 PM
Yes, Dee. This is what we call Civilization. :smallamused:

Cyrano
2007-08-11, 08:54 PM
It's... it's so... frightening here...I can't handle the pressure!
*Serial killings*

Mr. Moon
2007-08-11, 08:56 PM
*pats on the head* Don't worry, Dee. You'll get used to the general feeling of freindlieness.

I swear, it spreads like a virus. :smallamused:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-11, 08:57 PM
You are who you hang around...

Cyrano
2007-08-11, 09:03 PM
Andre, I must say that's not true. If it was, I'd be a corpse.
*Stabs*
Mmm, corpse.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-11, 09:06 PM

I think you're looking for the AMEN threads.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-11, 09:07 PM
If I was who I hang around... I'd be really screwed. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Oh, but AMEN's fun. We have plots. And MWS. Mmmmm.... MWS....

Cyrano
2007-08-11, 09:10 PM
Naw, I left AMEN after I complained they weren't evil enough and then they were all like "WE are SOOOOOO you obnoxious whiny meaaaaanyheaaaaaaaaaaaaad", and then I killed their puppy.
Besides, it's so less expected here. Well, not when I'm around. People get used to it.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-11, 09:11 PM
What's AMEN?:smallconfused:

Cyrano
2007-08-11, 09:13 PM
Oh, have you gone through another "WE're changin' names" thing? Or did the plot force you to be amnesiac? You know what? I'll never get another answer, just...nevermind.
*Runs off to do sneaky stuff to Rex's mind in AMEN's place. Like bunnies.*

Mr. Moon
2007-08-11, 09:14 PM
Naw, Rex threw a tauntrum because Magtok didn't do exactly what he told him to do in the Town invasion and quit. Like he didn't expect Maggot to hog all the glory...

Cyrano
2007-08-11, 09:15 PM
I think the assumption here is not "Maggy will hog the glory", rather it is "Maggy will never, ever, act competent."

Mr. Moon
2007-08-11, 09:17 PM
Actualy, he did fairly well, considering the rest of us were to busy to help.

Or at lest, that's my excuse. >.<

Although we did get Admiral Kelly pissed alot. That was fun. ^_^

Khaldan
2007-08-11, 09:17 PM
I thinks its a bit more like "Magtok will never ever, accept someone doing something moderately smart in the sceme of things. Even if it seems stupid now." ((please dont stab me))

Cyrano
2007-08-11, 09:19 PM
*Stab*
Sorry! Reflex!

But anyway, Maggy does'nt come here and we all agree with you, so you're safe.
*Stab*
Mostly.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-11, 09:24 PM
O! He complained that he only had a select group of people help him. Listen, on my own, I managed to rescue the Town. And I did it the way i told Magtok to. Magtok earned too many enemies, and not enough friends. You want to earn the respected people's respect, and disrespect the disrepected. Magtok became disrespected, and therefor, to become respected, I had to disrspect him. Got it? No? Neither do I.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-11, 09:25 PM
He's an evil-overlord type. People aren't exactly going to line up to be his freind.

Khaldan
2007-08-11, 09:26 PM
... So you're saying that because Magtok was hated because he was a dictator, means that you had to disassociate with him to gain a spot in town council. Remind me to buy more tylenol tommorrow.

Cyrano
2007-08-11, 09:28 PM
O! He complained that he only had a select group of people help him. Listen, on my own, I managed to rescue the Town. And I did it the way i told Magtok to. Magtok earned too many enemies, and not enough friends. You want to earn the respected people's respect, and disrespect the disrepected. Magtok became disrespected, and therefor, to become respected, I had to disrspect him. Got it? No? Neither do I.

Magtok earned too many enemies, and not enough friends.

and not enough friends.

friends.

Wait, so are you saying you can interact with human beings without a desire to rip their dignity out through their larynx?
I'm starting to think you don't like me for some twisted reason, liek, sumthing I cant nderstnd, h Rx?

Moon, it is for precisely that reason the Town is going to be ruled one day by a puppy.

EDIT ^ Not THAT bad, surely?

Khaldan
2007-08-11, 09:32 PM
D, sadly, the answer to that is yes.We here at GitP, on the other hand..
*Stabbity death @ d'anna!*

Cyrano
2007-08-11, 09:34 PM
Now, now, there's an SMBG for that that I happen not to frequent. So run along and stab others. I am allowed because....
Um...
Crap.
Look, I apologize for the stabbings. Truce? Truce! Truce.

Penguinizer
2007-08-12, 01:47 AM
Heh, the third Resident Evil movie looks pretty cheesy.

Trailer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=UIh4DIH5LHU)

I'll probably just wait till it comes on tv...

bosssmiley
2007-08-12, 08:33 AM
SCRUBBING BUBBLES!!!! FTW.

I call Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_Law). :smallwink:

Town drama. *Meh* :smallsigh:
Eggy doesn't do drama at the best of times.

Wait, so are you saying you can interact with human beings without a desire to rip their dignity out through their larynx?

Human? Dignity? The very idea is risible (http://xkcd.com/291/). :smallamused:

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 08:54 AM
I maintain that there is an XKCD link relevant to any conversation.

I now hate MSN messenger less, now that I've found out how to remove the ads from it. Because unsurprisingly I don't care about one celebrity having lunch with another.

B-Man
2007-08-12, 08:58 AM
How did you manage that? The only thing I can get rid of is MSN Today. That is/was very annoying.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-12, 08:59 AM
How do you get rid of that? I usually just 'X; out of it when it pops up...it won't even set the correct town I'm in...:smallannoyed:

B-Man
2007-08-12, 09:03 AM
Tools>Options

Click on the General tab. Unselect "Show MSN Today/Live Today after I sign in"

Okay/Apply.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-12, 09:11 AM
Alright, that comment was a little out there. Magtok is the Bad guy to my Seems good at the time and by comparison guy. Alright?

EmeraldRose
2007-08-12, 09:20 AM
Thanks B-Man!

Hopefully I'll never have to see it again!! :smallbiggrin:

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 09:23 AM
Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Open up hosts with notepad. Then add "0.0.0.0 rad.msn.com" to the end of it.

I got this from a site, I can't find the link otherwise I'd have given that. Then restart msn and enjoy it ad free. There's two "hosts" files, it's the one that's an iCalendar file, it's that one.

EDIT: http://grupenet.com/2007/07/21/remove-ads-from-windows-live-messenger/ I found a link, hopefully explaining it better than I did.

B-Man
2007-08-12, 09:27 AM
*hiss* I'm not tampering with the hosts file ever again! I was infected with hosts.msn and it wouldn't let me connect to the internet on the desktop computer.

And now I have a problem with lsass.exe, but it's not hampering my computing at all. Just annoys me at start up.

And you're welcome Emerald Prince :smallwink:

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 09:28 AM
Well I did see a plugin to download, but I'm weary of downloading exe type files due to viruses.

B-Man
2007-08-12, 09:39 AM
Well, I added the line and everything seems to be fine. I wasn't aware of the downloaded virus, as I was away from the computer at the time and my anti-virus didn't pick it up 'til it infected the computer and ate the internet connection with it.

Rawhide
2007-08-12, 09:41 AM
The hosts file is simple and safe to modify in a plain text editor like notepad. I do it all the time for work related issues (ie. if the DNS servers haven't updated yet). I also did it when moving GiantITP to this server.

Don't use 0.0.0.0 unless you are running a personal webserver, use 127.0.0.1

adanedhel9
2007-08-12, 09:53 AM
Alternatively, you could use something like Trillian (http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/) and never have to deal with ads in the first place.

Lilly
2007-08-12, 10:04 AM
Trillian and my MSN have a very interesting relationship. First, it couldn't keep my MSN logged on. Then in the last couple of days, other people aren't receiving my messages through MSN, or I stop receiving messages from them. Kinda bizarre.

B-Man
2007-08-12, 10:06 AM
Nah. I never liked using Trillian for MSN. It became annoying when the auto messages popped-up when I was away/idle. People thought that I was actually at the computer and my screen became clogged up with message windows. And I could never change my MSN display name either.

Dragonrider
2007-08-12, 10:23 AM
:smalltongue: My MSN did that just for kicks while I was in China. I think the internet censorship didn't interact too well with the program. Half my messages wouldn't go through but it wouldn't TELL me when they did and when they didn't, so the two things I said more than anything were "Did you get that?" and "Umm...I don't think I got that." We ended up shortening to "dygt?" and "dgt" for the sake of our sanity.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-08-12, 11:32 AM
Trillian and my MSN have a very interesting relationship. First, it couldn't keep my MSN logged on. Then in the last couple of days, other people aren't receiving my messages through MSN, or I stop receiving messages from them. Kinda bizarre.

I had that problem for a long time, but I think it's gone away since I got a new internet. Emphasis on the word think.

Pyro
2007-08-12, 12:36 PM
Nah. I never liked using Trillian for MSN. It became annoying when the auto messages popped-up when I was away/idle. People thought that I was actually at the computer and my screen became clogged up with message windows. And I could never change my MSN display name either.

How dare you badmouth Trillian! It is a god amoung IM clients. Trillian shall smite thee for thou's slanderous ways.

Vonriel
2007-08-12, 12:37 PM
Nah. Pidgin's better.

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 12:50 PM
Oh lord. First we had the battle of the browsers now the clash of the IM clients. Who will emerge victorious? And who will care? These answers coming up.

*Dun dun duh*

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-12, 01:59 PM
See...you type these words into this box, and when you hit "enter", the words appear in this other box and people on the other side of the world can read them...:smallamused:

In other news: this is unfair. There's supposed to be a really good meteor shower tonight, so of course it rains. :smallannoyed:

Khaldan
2007-08-12, 02:03 PM
Wait, a meteor shower? WHERE?!

Ego Slayer
2007-08-12, 02:04 PM
The only thing about Trilly that I don't know if I like or not is that it keeps a chat history... so I can look back on the ootschat from like... the 4th. o.O

*looks at weather forecast*
Damn! It's cloudy now, too, and even tomorrow night it's supposedly to be partly so. >.<

Ooh, well...

^: Duuude, the Perseids.

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 02:05 PM
Wait, a meteor shower? WHERE?!

Well I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say the upper atmosphere:smalltongue:. There's one every year around this date. I'll have a look when it's dark.

Castaras
The Persiads, isn't it?

Or something like that...I really should pay more attention to the news and such...

ZombieRockStar
Here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseids)

Normally I like rain, but not tonight!

Khaldan
2007-08-12, 02:07 PM
Great, now im going to be up all night. thanks alot.

Pyro
2007-08-12, 02:08 PM
Nah. Pidgin's better.

*gasp!* Another nonbeliever....You too shall be smitten with the rightious wrath of Trillian the Almighty.

I think I'll might be able to see them tonight, but then again its humid today and I think it may get cloudy this evening. Even if it doesn't rain I couldn't stay up anyway. First school day of the year is tomorrow.

Ego Slayer
2007-08-12, 02:10 PM
I think I'll might be able to see them tonight, but then again its humid today and I think it may get cloudy this evening. Even if it doesn't rain I couldn't stay up anyway. First school day of the year is tomorrow.
Staying up to watch meteor showers>school.:smalltongue:

Uh...

Khaldan
2007-08-12, 02:11 PM
There are people who dont stay up until 5 am on the day before school starts? GET HIM!

Castaras
2007-08-12, 02:13 PM
There are people who dont stay up until 5 am on the day before school starts? GET HIM!

Wow....I'm agreeing with the one who stabs me all the time.

The apocalypse is coming! *runs*

Pyro
2007-08-12, 02:14 PM
I probably could stay up 'til five, my bus comes at like nine. Its so awesome, I wake up at 8:20 during the school year. My friends are jealous of my bus schedule.

Castaras
2007-08-12, 02:16 PM
Nine?!

I have to leave to go catch my bus at 8:10am....Gonna be kinda annoying, seeing as I wake up at any time between 8 and 10 at the moment...

SDF
2007-08-12, 02:20 PM
I never rode the bus... Shoop da whoop private schools.

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 02:23 PM
Any bus? Not even normal public ones?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-12, 02:24 PM
Nine?!

I have to leave to go catch my bus at 8:10am....Gonna be kinda annoying, seeing as I wake up at any time between 8 and 10 at the moment...

Is that all?! Cos of college I'm going to have to get up at 5:00-5:30 to walk the dogs and stuff; catch a bus at 7am to 7:30 (not really sure) to catch a bus to get to college by 9am.

On the meteor thing, I'm glad I walk the dogs late at night so I can see it. Although it has been cloudy with some rain here.

EDIT: Same problem here. And my mum nags me if I.m up at half eight because I temd to get up at 6am. No wonder I get tired now. [/sarcasm]

Pyro
2007-08-12, 02:29 PM
I barely ride this bus either. My parents usually take me so I can sleep later:smalltongue:. I could also walk through some woods behind my neighborhood, but my Mom's crazy protective. ("What if you were kidnapped!?")

SDF
2007-08-12, 02:36 PM
Any bus? Not even normal public ones?

The town I grew up in didn't have a public transportation system. My parents just drove me.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-12, 02:41 PM
Buses? HA! I live within walking distance of my school!
Which is good, because otherwise I'd get too lazy to walk and eventually end up going everywhere on a Segway.

Dragonrider
2007-08-12, 02:42 PM
I hadn't ridden on a school bus till I played on the middle school tennis team in 8th grade. But I'm homeschooled so I don't "count". Now, going into 11th grade, I'm pretty sick of traveling in those things for team sports. 7 hours on a yellow school bus ain't a picnic...and yes, we do drive 7 hours each way to play tennis. We're dedicated. Or else the people who divide up the districts have NO idea how big it is out here. :smalltongue:

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 02:45 PM
I'm no longer at school, I still ride the bus though. I'm going to have to look for a job as well, which is less fun.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-12, 03:22 PM
Most people catch buses. Or they walk. It's one of the blessings of being in a rural town and district.

Nomrom
2007-08-12, 03:24 PM
The only time I ever rode a bus, was in school. I rode the bus to school until I started high school. After school, I rode it until high school. During high school, I'd ride it if we didn't have band practice, so basically only during second semester.

zombie chick
2007-08-12, 03:28 PM
buses, i avoid them like the plague.
i prefer my little car

Cyrano
2007-08-12, 03:48 PM
Cars! My god! Driving around in a tiny metal can, destroying trees with your very presence, I don't mind. What I mind is that if it crashes, I can't even make an annoying angry lawsuit and get billions of dollars and a lack of respect! I can hardly sue myself, now.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-12, 04:04 PM
Yay! It's stopped raining and cleared off! I can see the sun!

Hopefully it'll stay this way for the next 6 hours, please.

Cyrano
2007-08-12, 04:10 PM
Why are you so cheery? That rain cut off my swim! Meteor showers have nothing on my swim-cutting-off-ness.

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 04:12 PM
Once I find a job (saw a library one I'm going for that) I'm going to learn to ride a motorbike. More fuel efficient.

Rockphed
2007-08-12, 04:33 PM
Buses? HA! I live within walking distance of my school!
Which is good, because otherwise I'd get too lazy to walk and eventually end up going everywhere on a Segway.

Segway. The future is still tomorrow!

Living withing walking distance of school is a very important thing in college. Otherwise it becomes really hard to run off to class at the last minute.

Nomrom
2007-08-12, 04:37 PM
Apparently, it's a 102 degrees outside right now. It feels like a 112. Bu the humidity is only 35%, so its not the bad, cause its just a dry heat.

Reinboom
2007-08-12, 04:46 PM
It's been ridiculous in heat for the last few days- I can't stand to go outside and I probably will skip my hiking this week.

Also, boo to segway. It looks corny and deters away from exercise.

Dragonrider
2007-08-12, 04:48 PM
Yeah, it's over 100 here right now, but it feels cooler. *shrugs* no humidity I guess.

Cars... :smallbiggrin: I'm testing for my license next week. I learned to parallel park last week but apparently it's not on the test, so I can breathe easy - both my parents failed parallel parking on their tests, and even though I find it pretty easy (at least, I did the other day) it's still a relief.

I'm the oldest of four kids - thus begin my days as an unpaid chauffeur.

Nomrom
2007-08-12, 04:55 PM
I never bothered learning to parallel park. I didn't have to take the driving test so it never came up for me to get my license. Neither of my parents ever parallel park, so I knew it wouldn't matter. Maybe in some areas, it's important to know, but down here it doesn't come up very often.

Vonriel
2007-08-12, 05:01 PM
In the older, bigger cities of the USA, you tend to run into the problem of parallel parking. It's not so hard, but it was required for me to learn.

On the heat: All last week, it hit or felt like it hit triple digits. :smallsigh:

Reinboom
2007-08-12, 05:05 PM
Soon 19, and I refuse to learn to drive - the cost of a license and training isn't worth it to me.
Where I am currently residing, I walk between towns. In San Francisco, I, of course, take the buses or underground train or walk everywhere. Parking and insurance for something I will almost never use? No thank you.

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 05:07 PM
It's been okay here actually. Which I'm glad about.

I have no tolerance for heat at all.

Nomrom
2007-08-12, 05:10 PM
For at least the past week it had felt like at least a hundred. As far as I know though, this was the first day we actually had a temperature of above a hundred.

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 05:49 PM
Might have been. I hope it doesn't go any higher, I will melt.

Logic
2007-08-12, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure what temperature it is in farenheit, but the jet thermometer tells me it is 44 C. It is on bare metal, so that could skew the readings a little high.

Dragonrider
2007-08-12, 06:47 PM
here, anywhere you have to parallel park, you could just as well walk there instead. :smalltongue: Probably why it's not on the test.

My family has the ritual 10:00-in-the-morning closing-of-the-windows as it starts to heat up; we're semi-desert-ish, so it gets freezing cold at night (ok, not literally, but chilly) and we can keep the house cooler than the outdoors till about 2:00 in the afternoon, when we have to turn on the air conditioning.

Nomrom
2007-08-12, 06:51 PM
Logic, 44 C would be 111 F. I'm glad we haven't gotten that hot yet, and probably never will.

Eldpollard
2007-08-12, 07:05 PM
Logic, 44 C would be 111 F. I'm glad we haven't gotten that hot yet, and probably never will.

It would be hell. This year I'm prepared, I bought a fan. When I go outside (as I often do) it's too warm.

B-Man
2007-08-12, 07:34 PM
I remember last year when the humidex shattered 48-50ºC. I was working outside at the time. I had to tell my employer to look for something for me to do inside the store that day. It really wasn't fun working in that.

Lucky
2007-08-12, 07:36 PM
I remember last year went the humidex shattered 48-50ºC. I was working outside at the time. I had to tell my employer to look for something for me to do inside the store that day. It really wasn't fun working in that.
Ugh... That was bad. Summer wouldn't be so bad if it was just dry outside, but we always have the worst humidity.

Reinboom
2007-08-12, 07:37 PM
It would be hell.

Correction: Hell, Michigan is currently at 82 degrees ish.

Nomrom
2007-08-12, 07:48 PM
Ugh... That was bad. Summer wouldn't be so bad if it was just dry outside, but we always have the worst humidity.

I kind of prefer the humidity. Probably, that's because I've grown up with 90% humidity as an average. But, when it's dry outside, your skin is all dry, your lips get badly chapped, and it just seems to hit me harder.

Midnight Son
2007-08-12, 08:01 PM
I love the heat as long as it's not humid. 110F? lovely, but I can't take much more than 80F when it's humid. Did I mention that I loved living in Vegas? Utah's just about as good, but it gets a bit chilly in the winter here.

Edit: Also...Mmmmmm, large Carne Asada Burrito and a large Horchata. Yummy!

Nomrom
2007-08-12, 08:16 PM
Utah gets chilly in the summer. I have lots of family up there in southern Utah, and we when we visit them, I'm always cold in the mornings. They're like our winters.

Pyro
2007-08-12, 08:22 PM
I love the heat as long as it's not humid. 110F? lovely, but I can't take much more than 80F when it's humid. Did I mention that I loved living in Vegas? Utah's just about as good, but it gets a bit chilly in the winter here.

Yeah same here, which is unfortunate because a Georgian summer can regularly get up to 90 degrees and 70% humidity. But the past few days were nice. 105 degrees with 30% humidity. Ahh..

Midnight Son
2007-08-12, 08:25 PM
Utah gets chilly in the summer. I have lots of family up there in southern Utah, and we when we visit them, I'm always cold in the mornings. They're like our winters.It's a freakin' desert! Of course it gets chilly at night. In fact, I once caught Hypothermia on the last day of June while riding from Salt Lake to Las Vegas at night.

Khaldan
2007-08-12, 08:49 PM
Hypothermia? Ouchies.

Humidity sucks. Lived in Florida for 11 years, i HATE humidity. But right now, I would take some humidity for a freaking AC.. 100 degrees fahrenheit with no AC sucks :smallsigh:

Logic
2007-08-12, 09:58 PM

Edit: Also...Mmmmmm, large Carne Asada Burrito and a large Horchata. Yummy!

Oh, and it is more humid today than it has been since I got here. Good thing most of the hours I work are after dark.

Rawhide
2007-08-12, 11:17 PM
I thought I'd mention it here as well, as random banterers seem to be often complaining about the PM limit.

I just found this neat tool for viewing exported PMs. So you can easily export (in XML) then delete every one of your PMs to keep your boxes nice and tidy. Its searchable too.

It says it is for phpBB, but I have tested it and it works on this forum (vB).

Personal Message Viewer v1.1a (http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=1734)

Charity
2007-08-13, 03:49 AM
Ah but that all smacks of effort on our part, it's much easier to complain.

My inbox is full and it's all your fault Rawhide.

Cyrano
2007-08-13, 11:04 AM
Much as I would love to go around saying "MY inbox is full and I want you to fix it", I won't because.....
Wait, I have no pressing reason NOT to do so!
MY inbox is full and I want you to fix it!
Weeee! The freedom!

Anyway, Rawhide, you should know that no GitPer will ever, ever use effort where lazyness will do.

Korith
2007-08-13, 11:21 AM
At Thes' request (or at least, my twisted interpretation thereof), I am transplanting an elsewherely OT topic here:

Humanity, I hereby offer you 8.333333333 million nanodollars per soul.

Per an earlier inquiry, no. I will not be rounding up to the nearest cent.

((Furthermore, in a strictly OOC sense, this does not behave as a real world contract or agreement. The transfer of virtual soul properties to myself does not project upon my a requirement of caring for said souls. Dealing with purchased souls will be handled entirely at my discretion. Math wizards may realize that the amount of 8.333333333 million nanodollars is roughly identical to a dime a dozen. They are in error, in fact, the amount is slightly less than a dollar a dozen. Offer expires on the Witching Hour of a day arbitrarily chosen by myself which may or may not have already passed. Copyrights and Trademarks belong to their respective owners. All rights reserve. Surgeon General's Warning: Soul selling may result in misery and loss of your firstborn.))

Cyrano
2007-08-13, 11:23 AM
Awww, man, you have to sell them personally? I was gonna sell my family... damn.

Korith
2007-08-13, 11:26 AM
Awww, man, you have to sell them personally? I was gonna sell my family... damn.

You're hallucinating.

There is no entry requiring the soul to have originally been yours. You merely require title to the soul.

My suggestion: Bake them cookies. Have a small paper insert in each reading "eating of this cookie indicates the willful transfer of the eater's soul to name here". This serves as an adequately legally binding contract.

It's one of the basics of soul acquisition they teach you in the Infernal Academy.

Oh, on that note...

*Hands out cookies*

zombie chick
2007-08-13, 11:38 AM
thanks for the cookies! *takes out papers from cookies*
but my soul is not for sale, and it would be due a clean anyway.

Cyrano
2007-08-13, 11:42 AM
But...but...making cookies requires being...*shudder* NICE to people.
I'd rather lock them in a dungeon without adequate food or water and torture them until they surrender deeds to their souls. Plus side? Then I kill them and get my inheritance!

Korith
2007-08-13, 11:44 AM
"The tastiest sort of evil is the kind that involves lots of pretty flowers and ribbons and other nice stuff...followed by an orgy of blood"
-Barzubelog, Chain Devil

Cyrano
2007-08-13, 11:46 AM
"The tastiest sort of evil is...wait, evil is an action or alignment, not a flavour! My bad, sorry."
-D'anna Biers

Korith
2007-08-13, 11:48 AM
Either you're a mortal, or you've never danced in the fields of the forbidden flowers around the Citadel of Anguish.

Cyrano
2007-08-13, 11:49 AM
Or possibly I don't succumb to tired tropes, and instead spend my time doing, up, EVIL?
This is why I yell at Maggy and Saurous a lot. It's the function, not the form. Content, not context. Etc etc ad nauseum, you get the point. Which is that I don't taste evil. I do, however, taste blood. Yum.

Charity
2007-08-13, 12:26 PM
Is that where you got smacked in the mouth?

Cyrano
2007-08-13, 12:28 PM
Nooo, of course not, you crazy fool! That's ridonkulous! WHy would that ever happen? Ahhh, you and your...."Morality".
Yes...

Castaras
2007-08-13, 12:30 PM
*Takes Korith's cookie and eats it*

...What? I never had a soul, and never will.

FdL
2007-08-13, 01:43 PM
I thought I'd mention it here as well, as random banterers seem to be often complaining about the PM limit.

Oh, excellent!!!! :smallcool: Haven't tried it, but it's actually something I had thought about. Thanks a lot Rawhide, this is really a great tool for us forumers!!!

Now, it's a pity I always downloaded my PMs in .txt, but well.

Reinboom
2007-08-13, 02:23 PM
The massive amount of attention you do seam to draw to yourself is unsettling, D'anna. Thank you for the free advertisement of my humble links. You're so kind. :smallsmile:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-13, 02:27 PM
I decided I awhile ago that I am never going to die. I'm gonna turn 21, and say 21 until an asteroid hits the Earth or something.

You should wait until you're 25, so your insurance rates go down and you can rent cars by yourself.

Eldpollard
2007-08-13, 03:56 PM
You should wait until you're 25, so your insurance rates go down and you can rent cars by yourself.

Rent cars from whom? Surely with an asteroid hitting there wouldn't be anyone to rent them from, or cars to rent.

Vonriel
2007-08-13, 04:17 PM
Ahh, but therein lies the glitch. You see, until the asteroid hits, how is she to rent cars cheaply? 'tis quite a conundrum, indeed.

Eldpollard
2007-08-13, 04:29 PM
One which we must solve, with the combined powers of RB we shall. the world will be stronger for it as a result, and we shall be hailed as gods amongst men.

Vonriel
2007-08-13, 04:31 PM
But the LLama already solved the problem for us! See, if she were to wait until 25, then she could rent cars for a cheaper price until the asteroid hits.

Incidentally, LLama, why are both "l"s capitalized?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-13, 04:51 PM
But rent-a-cars are useless, so why would anyone rent a car?

Rykaj
2007-08-13, 05:04 PM
Well obviously it is the rarely seen and little known 27th letter of the alphabet, but since they don't appear on our modern keyboards he uses LL instead. You pronounce it as 'zrt' I believe.

So in fact he is a masked zrtama. Makes perfect sense.

Pyro
2007-08-13, 05:17 PM
Wow I can answer that question after only my first day of Spanish. In Spanish the double L is actually its own letter in the Spanish alphabet so I think both L's must be capitalized. Incidentally the double L in Spanish also makes a Y sound, so the real pronounciation of llama is yama.

EDIT: Nevermind you don't capitalize both L's. The LLama just likes having to capital L's.

Yiel
2007-08-13, 05:20 PM
But rent-a-cars are useless, so why would anyone rent a car?

Until christmas last year I drove a motorcycle, so in order to take my partner and friends on long trips down the coast while avoiding crowded holiday buses, I have had to rent cars. Of course I rented cars from the place in Brisbane called "Rent-a-Bomb" so I knew what I would be driving from the get-go.

Ooops... should I be in character this week? :smalleek: Um... yay for Naruto, Sasuke is cute.

FdL
2007-08-13, 06:23 PM
Parallel parking? A piece of cake. I pity those of you who can't perform such a simple manouver. And, um, I kinda envy those of you who actually don't need to know how to do it. But still everyone who drives a car should be able to do it. I mean, come on, it's no rocket science. :S

Wow I can answer that question after only my first day of Spanish. In Spanish the double L is actually its own letter in the Spanish alphabet so I think both L's must be capitalized. Incidentally the double L in Spanish also makes a Y sound, so the real pronounciation of llama is yama.

Yeah. Just "sort of" to both statements. I'm too lazy right now to explain in an academic way (I'm a native spanish speaker).

Funnily enough, "LL" is pronounced with a different sound where I live.

Ooops... should I be in character this week? :smalleek: Um... yay for Naruto, Sasuke is cute.

LOL :smallbiggrin: That was a funny swap you got :p

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-13, 06:50 PM
Incidentally, LLama, why are both "l"s capitalized?

For the fun!

Dragonrider
2007-08-13, 06:50 PM
I've started to enjoy stuff like parallel parking, just for the challenge of it. :smalltongue: a sign that I've gone totally cuckoo, probably, but what else is new?

I believe that the Welsh language has a different "Ll" too.

Eldpollard
2007-08-13, 06:52 PM
For the fun!

You double the capitalisation you double the fun! Everybody wins!

Mr. Moon
2007-08-13, 07:16 PM

Gah! You're ruining my reputation! Kabuto's cute. Sasuke is an annoying emo dude. Get it right! *beats with rolled up newspaper*

SurlySeraph
2007-08-13, 07:18 PM
*looks up Sasuke*

*still does not understand Naruto*

Mr. Moon
2007-08-13, 07:21 PM
Watch it from the beggining. It starts off slow... but Zabuza makes it all worth it.

Reinboom
2007-08-13, 07:31 PM
I must say, Naruto is one of the many series (alongside DBZ and the later episodes of Inuyasha) that kills not only part of my interest in Anime but does it in for quite a few others, at least, for the people I know.

Get your action-oriented constipation sitcoms out of my anime!
Definately get your constant deus ex machina out of my anime ><!

The only animes I can stand either in is those that push it beyond the limits (Excel Saga, jungle wa itsumo hale nochi guu, etc.)

--- edit ---
And yes, I did try to sit down and watch these series that I so openly dislike.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-13, 07:41 PM
Well, it's your opinion. Frankly, I agree with the later episodes of Inu-Yasha killing the anime part, but Naruto is pretty good once you wade through all the fillers. Although I do find that there are some good bits of character expansion in said fillers.

Nomrom
2007-08-13, 07:47 PM
Gah! You're ruining my reputation! Kabuto's cute. Sasuke is an annoying emo dude. Get it right! *beats with rolled up newspaper*

OMG, I heard that MC thinks Sasuke is cute! Can you believe that? I've lost all respect.

Arameus
2007-08-13, 07:48 PM
I agree with SweetRein. I turn on the TV and am immediately blasted with so many poorly-animated stereotypes that I have to pick them out of my teeth and hair. I swear, I keep finding angsty underdog protagonsists and too-young sex-objects stuck in my crevices when I shower. So I've just stopped watching.

That, and the thousand shortcuts used to cut down on production time in anime are all so ridiculously obvious that you can't even count them. Essentially, art quality and animation quality have become inversely proportional.

But the worst thing is that I so often fail to understand why so many presumably-grown would-be adults arguing, with fervor and even vehemence, about shows obviously meant to appeal only to children. Or teenage girls. Or virgins. Then I remember that that's all that seriously watches, and I go back to reading.

Madmal
2007-08-13, 07:49 PM
OMG, I heard that MC thinks Sasuke is cute! Can you believe that? I've lost all respect.

fangirls drooling over Sasuke is usual; is that Kabuto fixiation that worries me...

EDIT: and also the Orochimaru thing...

Nomrom
2007-08-13, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I don't actually know who these people are, or who is usually fawned upon by fangirls.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-13, 07:55 PM

Nuu! It wasn't me! I hate Squad Seven!

is that Kabuto fixiation that worries me...

EDIT: and also the Orochimaru thing...

Oh, shush. Kabuto's sexy. Deal with it.

Madmal
2007-08-13, 08:10 PM
Oh, shush. Kabuto's sexy. Deal with it.

i refuse to awknowledge a traitorous, arrogant-yet-submissive wiseguy as sexy.:smallannoyed:

Mr. Moon
2007-08-13, 08:13 PM
Oh shush, you. He and Orochimaru-sama make a cute couple. ^_^

Yiel
2007-08-13, 08:28 PM
*runs from newspaper beating*

Ah yes I meant Kabuto... I am off to write fangirl rantings about how cute he and Orochimaru are!

*brandishes blood covered sword*

Even my own twin will not argue with me

*skips off and you can hear the echo of maniacal laughter about the thread*

Being Moon_Called is actually quite a lot of fun!

*slips and falls on the pool of blood that dropped from the sword*

Ouch :smallfrown:

Madmal
2007-08-13, 08:32 PM
ya know, yiel....i'm not even bothering on trying to impersonate this guy..

Yiel
2007-08-13, 08:34 PM
Aw but I'm home with the flu and being a high-spirited fangirl is making me feel better. :smallfrown:

Mr. Moon
2007-08-13, 08:38 PM
Yup. It's lots of fun to be me. In fact, everyone should try impersonating me every once in a while. It builds character. :smalltongue:

Madmal
2007-08-13, 08:39 PM
Yup. It's lots of fun to be me. In fact, everyone should try impersonating me every once in a while. It builds character. :smalltongue:

don't temp the shapeshifter...:smallamused:

Mr. Moon
2007-08-13, 08:44 PM
What? Being a fangirl to tough a regime for you? :smallamused:

Nomrom
2007-08-13, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't even feel disappointed about having to answer yes to that.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-13, 08:58 PM
Well, in that case, I must point out that the guy your imitating is a Narutard as well. ^_^

Nomrom
2007-08-13, 09:02 PM
Ahh, but as Mal already pointed out, most people aren't actually trying to imitate their person. They just use the avatar and signature.
Also, who came up with the term Narutard anyways? It doesn't seem like something I would like to call myself.

Sean92k
2007-08-13, 09:03 PM
Being a fangirl is fun, you get to abuse the pyshics of soundwaves whenever you want *Fangirl scream*

Madmal
2007-08-13, 09:05 PM
What? Being a fangirl to tough a regime for you? :smallamused:

not sure, i lack information on the subject...i may need to stalk on you for some time..:smallamused:

EmeraldRose
2007-08-13, 09:08 PM
I have to admit I already miss being myself :smallfrown: It's one thing to change my own avvies around...another thing entirely to be someone else's. It'd be one thing if it was someone I actually knew well, like when I switched with Mal briefly. But this is getting a little annoying. A whole week, may be a bit much...

Mr. Moon
2007-08-13, 09:15 PM
Also, who came up with the term Narutard anyways? It doesn't seem like something I would like to call myself.

I'm not sure. But then, a lot of non-nerds take the term Nerd as an insult, while we use it as a compliment, so it's one of those things.

not sure, i lack information on the subject...i may need to stalk on you for some time..

Actualy, you'd be surprised how often I get stalked.

I have to admit I already miss being myself It's one thing to change my own avvies around...another thing entirely to be someone else's. It'd be one thing if it was someone I actually knew well, like when I switched with Mal briefly. But this is getting a little annoying. A whole week, may be a bit much...

Actualy, I was just thinking about changing my sig, and got annoyed when I remembered I couldn't. Ah well, it's worth the wait.

Madmal
2007-08-13, 09:21 PM
Actually, you'd be surprised how often I get stalked.

Actually, I was just thinking about changing my sig, and got annoyed when I remembered I couldn't. Ah well, it's worth the wait.

not so much, you have mentioned it by PM's, and i'm sure i've read something on other threads...

SurlySeraph
2007-08-13, 09:45 PM
Well, that should come as no surprise. Moon_Called is eminently stalkable. Assuming stalkable is a real word.
*goes off to stalk Moon, just to prove that she is stalkable*

FdL
2007-08-13, 09:47 PM
Wait, there's something about Kabuto. A girl I was dating didn't watch the show, saw a couple of chapters with Kabuto in them and said he was hot. This was before he was known to be a traitor (sorry if I spoiled someone, but I doubt there's anyone who watches Naruto who's seen less of it than I have).

Is it the gray hair? Is it the glasses? The slightly manlier built? The cool attitude?

@Yiel: Great job with the impersonating, I'm voting you for whatever acting category the come up with "in the playground" :p Also get well sooonn ^^

About anime, I don't think it's bad. There's crap, but I surprisingly can enjoy most of it, within the genres I like. Sometimes it's worse when it's trying to be serious and artsy and pretentious.

As for Naturo, it's actually pretty good, better than most people make it to be. It's not consistently good, but there are things that are very good. It's a classic example of genre that's pretty trodden and based on cliches...Some characters and plot developments are quite good for my taste. It's not my favorite, I started watching it to see what the fuss was all about, and i enjoy it. It's kinda overdramatic sometimes but meh.

@DR: Yay for parallel parking, the game of the kings ^^

@Seraph: Dunno, I kinda need to have seen a photo to engage stalk mode...I might try text-only. Any volunteers?

Nomrom
2007-08-13, 09:49 PM
Yay for parallel parking, the game of those who can't find an actual parking spot.

FdL
2007-08-13, 09:54 PM
Yay for parallel parking, the game of those who can't find an actual parking spot.

Here in my city it's always parallel parking. And in Buenos Aires too, but there it's awfully complicated to find a parking space. So it's not a matter of not finding a spot, spots are always parallel to the sidewalk.

In fact, how do you park if not parallel? At 45 degrees?

Nomrom
2007-08-13, 09:56 PM
Perpendicular?

Vonriel
2007-08-13, 09:58 PM
I have to say one of my more favorite fight scenes that I've seen has come from Naruto. It was in the tournament part, when Rock Lee and Garra were beating each other senseless. So, see, when you take away all the silly-stupid stuff that all too few people find entertaining, such as the title character, it's not so bad. I find that a lot of the kid's anime would be so much more awesome if they cranked that rating up to M, dropped the stupid character habits, and made it serious.

Edit: And, yes, perpendicular. There are angled parking spaces too, but those just lead to people pulling into them from the wrong way and pissing off everyone parked near them or passing by them.

Cyrano
2007-08-13, 10:00 PM
I find that a lot of kid's anime would be better if they cranked that rating up to M, dropped the stupid character habits, and replaced it with anything else. I mean, SatC has more depth.

FdL
2007-08-13, 10:27 PM
Perpendicular? Hmmm...It depends on the space. It could be harder for me now that I think about it. It's all practice I guess.

The last time I watched my Naruto DVDs, I finished the saga that introduces Tsunade. I thought it was a very interesting character, with its flaws and complexities. Nowhere near a perfect or stereotyped character. I liked it. I didn't like the Zabuza bridge thing, for example. Personally I thought it was trite and over-emo. But well, the thing is that elements that I find to be good.

Sean92k
2007-08-13, 10:34 PM
When Rock Lee and Garra were beating each other senseless.Mmmmm, Gaara *Drools*. I liked that fight aswell, but Gaara Kimimaro was better.
There really are spoilers in hereWhen Sasuke goes to Orochi and he and Naruto fight on the water is by far my fav and the best fight in the show

Midnight Son
2007-08-13, 10:39 PM
Here in my city it's always parallel parking. And in Buenos Aires too, but there it's awfully complicated to find a parking space. So it's not a matter of not finding a spot, spots are always parallel to the sidewalk.

In fact, how do you park if not parallel? At 45 degrees?I've been to BA and I can confirm this. I would also add that they are the best drivers I have seen anywhere in that they rarely get in wrecks even though they drive 7 cars wide on a 4 lane highway and are never more than about three feet from the car in front of them.

FdL
2007-08-13, 10:53 PM
I've been to BA and I can confirm this. I would also add that they are the best drivers I have seen anywhere in that they rarely get in wrecks even though they drive 7 cars wide on a 4 lane highway and are never more than about three feet from the car in front of them.

Now that you mention it, that's quite a feat. Actually there's a lot of traffic in BA, and they sure are accurate drivers. It does scare me, I never drive there, I don't know how I'd handle it. I'm not used to metropolis-sized traffic.

@Sean: Thanks for tagging the spoiler! I appreciate it ^^

Sean92k
2007-08-13, 10:57 PM
@Sean: Thanks for tagging the spoiler! I appreciate it ^^Sarcasm? Because I double layered it :smallconfused:

FdL
2007-08-13, 11:09 PM
Sarcasm? Because I double layered it :smallconfused:

Nooo, not sarcasm. Really, I always complain of spoilers, and thought it was very kind of you. Honestly. Maybe the wording wasn't right but I edited it for that reason.

Man, I think I've built up a reputation I don't like...I hope I can do something about it :s

Dragonrider
2007-08-13, 11:44 PM
Now that you mention it, that's quite a feat. Actually there's a lot of traffic in BA, and they sure are accurate drivers. It does scare me, I never drive there, I don't know how I'd handle it. I'm not used to metropolis-sized traffic.

South America has a reputation for that :smalltongue:

I was in China all spring, and I must say, the city had the most frightening traffic I'd ever seen...but for all that, I don't think I ever witnessed an accident (this in a city of 6 million). Daily near-accidents, to be sure, but I don't think I saw anyone hit.

What I like to say: they may be bad drivers, but they're REALLY GOOD at being bad drivers. :smallamused:

Logic
2007-08-14, 12:11 AM
I think that maybe the Middle East has worse traffic. They invent lanes as they need them, sometimes directly in the way of oncoming traffic. :smalleek:

SDF
2007-08-14, 12:14 AM
Buenos Aires has the worst traffic on the planet, or at least the deadliest per capita. Also, I flat out refuse to drive in Brazil.

Sean92k
2007-08-14, 05:19 AM
:smallredface:
Nooo, not sarcasm. Really, I always complain of spoilers, and thought it was very kind of you. Honestly. Maybe the wording wasn't right but I edited it for that reason.Oh, thanks

Man, I think I've built up a reputation I don't like...I hope I can do something about it :sI'll still be your fwiend http://www.randomsabers.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Madmal
2007-08-14, 09:04 AM
Buenos Aires has the worst traffic on the planet, or at least the deadliest per capita. Also, I flat out refuse to drive in Brazil.

Argentina has the worst traffic? well, it was quite nice when i was there...

for once, the pedestrians were priority over the drivers...unlike my country...

SMEE
2007-08-14, 10:09 AM

Now those are words of wisdom. :smallsmile:

Korith
2007-08-14, 12:46 PM
Aww, nobody wants to speak to SMEE?

I am immensely bored.

Thus, for my own amusement...

"Knock, Knock"