PDA

View Full Version : Lilly's Lovely Random Banter #87

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Dragonrider
2007-08-14, 12:48 PM
No One's Here! I'm Not Answering The Door! Go Away!

Korith
2007-08-14, 12:50 PM
Funny. Even funnier than the one I had in mind :smallbiggrin:

Your turn.

bosssmiley
2007-08-14, 12:55 PM
I keep finding angsty underdog protagonsists and too-young sex-objects stuck in my crevices when I shower.

Eggy demands pix! :smallbiggrin:

No One's Here! I'm Not Answering The Door! Go Away!

Bah! Everyone knows heroes enter by crashing through an upper storey window anyway. :smallwink:

Dragonrider
My only good joke is the Michael Jackson one.

So this kid goes up to his mom and says "Mommy...I've bee thinking."
"What is it, dear?" says the mom.
"Is God black or white?"
"Neither, dear," says the mom.
So the kid goes away to play. A few minutes later he's back.
"Mom...is God male or female?"
"Uhh, neither, dear," says the mom, a little confused by her philisophically inclined son.
The little kid gets a very confused look on his face and wanders off. Then he turns around, comes back, and says,

"Mom - is God Michael Jackson?"

:smallbiggrin:

(I hope I didn't offend anyone with that)

North
This mistaken identity week has quite confuzzled me. :smallredface: I keep getting everyone mixed up.

This is madness!

SurlySeraph
2007-08-14, 12:57 PM
^ Oh, alright, if you insist.

THIS! IS! SPAAAARTA!!!

Korith
2007-08-14, 12:57 PM
THIS! IS! BANTAH!

Had to be said. *Punches SurlySeraph for beating me to the punch*

So, this year's been a good one for movies...Spiderman 3, Pirates 3, Transformers, 300...I don't think I've made so many trips to a movie theatre in a given year before.

bosssmiley
2007-08-14, 12:59 PM
^ Oh, alright, if you insist.

THIS! IS! SPAAAARTA!!!

"This! Is! Spartaction (http://www.spartaction.com/)!"

Truly Google knows all and we must bow before the inexorable might of its leet hivemind powahz. :smallamused:

THIS! IS! BANTAH!

Whereas: "This! Is! Banthas (http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/dvd/ep6/banthas.jpg)!"

Dragonrider
2007-08-14, 12:59 PM
:smalltongue: I have a Persian friend who gets terribly offended every time anyone mentions "300".

"We didn't suck THAT bad!"

North
2007-08-14, 01:00 PM
hehehehe. Capital Letters.

Yeah it has been a really good year for movies. Harry Potter Five. FF 2. Die Hard 4. Lots of really good sequels lol.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-14, 02:20 PM
Yet I haven't been to the cinema once. *wonders why*

Korith
2007-08-14, 02:23 PM
Out of the wisdom of waiting for the good stuff to hit TV/DVD, mayhaps?

Movies in theatre are expensive, after all.

Vonriel
2007-08-14, 02:35 PM
I've noticed that that only tends to be true when you're in cities or larger areas. My brother lives in DC, and for a matinee ticket you have to pay $9.50. Here, it's $6.50 for one, soo.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-14, 02:59 PM
I can still pass for under 15 so it's £3.50 here for me. About $7 for US I think.

I just don't really get a kick out of the cinema, plus as Korith says, wait until TV?DVd and buy it then. Although nearly all the films we have we recordd off the TV. A sixpack of blank videos : £8 tops.
If you do long play you get 6 hrs film on each one. Do the math.

theterran
2007-08-14, 03:05 PM
We have a $2 Cinema, so I just wait for all of those movies to show up there...:smallcool:

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 03:06 PM
I don't really like going to the cinema. I only go to the cinema if there's a movie I really can't wait to see (the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Star Wars: Episode III). I'd much rather watch a movie at home, without all those annoying talking people and crying babies and ringing cell phones you get at the cinema.

Zar Peter
2007-08-14, 03:16 PM
I'm so hoping that I can go to the cinema when I'm with my parents in two weeks.
They have the children and my wife and I are away from crying kids, annoying quarrels and howling babyphones :smallbiggrin:

Serious, some films just impress me in the cinema much more than in TV. Lord of the Rings in Cinema is really an experience, in TV it's just a good movie.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-14, 03:23 PM
I dunno. If you get the right atmosphere at home it's just as good if not better.
1. Wait until nighttime
2. Get the room as dark as possible.
3. Get all your/your families favourite munchies ready and prepared.
4. Find the most comfortable place to sit while having a good view of the TV.
5. Insert DVD/Video/wait until programme is on.
6. Turn up volume relatively loud/very loud depending upon neighbours.
7. Kepp quiet.
8. Watch film in the comfort of your own home with all your favourite fod for no noise and cheaply.

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 03:26 PM
I have to admit that The Return of the King was quite spectacular in the cinema. But, like Curly says, it's perfectly possible to get a good atmophere for watching movies right at home.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-14, 03:27 PM
Hmmm............ Well, I like turtles.

North
2007-08-14, 03:37 PM
I have a really nice big screen tv at home. But I still love the feeling of the opening night movie. Me and my freinds will get there hours early just to get our favorite spot. I dunno its not just the tv and sound its the whole experience.

Zar Peter
2007-08-14, 03:39 PM
I still think a 7m*5m screen (app 30ft*20ft) screen is more impressive than an TV screen.

I agree that watching films at home with the right atmosphere is quite enjoyable but you get never the atmosphere of a cinema (which includes sometimes some nerds munching popcorn as loud as the film is).

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-14, 03:42 PM
I don't really care for cinemas. Popcorn gives me stomach aches. And when I went to see Harry Potter 5 the people behind me would not shut up! And they smelled! Bad!

Dragonrider
2007-08-14, 03:43 PM
I went to see the Return of the King five times in the theatre. :smallbiggrin: The last one I saw was Pirates 3, which I enjoyed just as a fun movie...except (and this always happens) the 6'4" guy who could have chosen ANY SPOT decided to sit down right in front of me and I was craning my neck the whole time. I'm 5'2". Life isn't fair to short people. :smalltongue:

I have an uncle who had a spare room in his house and actually built a theatre. Complete with the chairs and an industrial popcorn machine. Our setup is slightly less expensive - my dad brings home a projector from work, we hook it up to the laptop, and an entire living room wall (with a white sheet tacked to it) becomes a big screen. The only bad part is when the cat walks across in front of the projector and then decides it's a goo spot to lie down for a nap. :smallamused:

Logic
2007-08-14, 03:49 PM
Put an open bottle of vinegear near the projector, and that cat won't go near it. This has the downside of possibly making the movie rom smell like vinegear, but you can't win 'em all.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-14, 03:50 PM
The only bad part is when the cat walks across in front of the projector and then decides it's a goo spot to lie down for a nap. :smallamused:

You could just move the cat.:smallbiggrin:

zeratul
2007-08-14, 03:52 PM
Hey guys, question time. Did shadow of the sun leave or something? I haven't seen him in a while.

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 03:56 PM
According to his user profile (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=19826), he's been online today.

Dragonrider
2007-08-14, 03:57 PM
So either he's lurking (which I can't see being the case :smalltongue:) or he's taken to frequenting other areas of the 'boards.

Calamity
2007-08-14, 03:59 PM
Hey guys, question time. Did shadow of the sun leave or something? I haven't seen him in a while.

Last posted 3 days ago, I don't think that he's left

Logic
2007-08-14, 03:59 PM
Ok, I have to admit, for those few avatars that are making it through, Mistaken Identity week is REALLY throwing me off.

For example "Since when is Thes a moderator?"

And ""Yiel isn't acting like herself today..."

Bravo. You have fooled me. :smallwink:

Calamity
2007-08-14, 04:00 PM
Ok, I have to admit, for those few avatars that are making it through, Mistaken Identity week is REALLY throwing me off.

For example "Since when is Thes a moderator?"

And ""Yiel isn't acting like herself today..."

Bravo. You have fooled me. :smallwink:

Use logic, Logic! (:smalltongue:) Look at the username!

Logic
2007-08-14, 04:08 PM
Use logic, Logic! (:smalltongue:) Look at the username!

Well, for those of you that I cannnot see the avatars (which is most), I do. But for the few of you whose avatars are not currently blocked, I just see a picture, and go on assuming...

Midnight Son
2007-08-14, 04:34 PM
I find that I watch fewer and fewer movies at the theatre since I upgraded from a 32" tube to a 50" HDTV widescreen DLP. That said, some movies need to be seen on the big screen.

I have a cousin who bought himself a digital projector and a very large white tarp, which he attaches to a framework. Takes a while to put together, but he's got a bigscreen any time he wants.

Vonriel
2007-08-14, 04:36 PM
I don't care how big your TV, or how good the sound system, for movies with lots of action you more or less have to go to a theater to see them in all their glory. Take Die Hard 4. Do you think the scene with the helicopter and the police car would be even half as good if you weren't being blasted by theater-sized sound and picture?

Dragonrider
2007-08-14, 04:37 PM
I have a cousin who bought himself a digital projector and a very large white tarp, which he attaches to a framework. Takes a while to put together, but he's got a bigscreen any time he wants.

It's the way to go. It only costs about $5.75 for matinee (8-something otherwise) for tickets here, but home video is free! :smallbiggrin:

(well, after you've bought the DVD :smallamused:)

Lucky
2007-08-14, 04:38 PM
I don't care how big your TV, or how good the sound system, for movies with lots of action you more or less have to go to a theater to see them in all their glory. Take Die Hard 4. Do you think the scene with the helicopter and the police car would be even half as good if you weren't being blasted by theater-sized sound and picture?I saw 300 in an IMax theatre. That was truly epic.

DVD could not compete.

Logic
2007-08-14, 04:41 PM
I think most action movies are bad in theatres. Mostly because the noise is too loud. If I wanted to go deaf hearing a jet engine, I would take out my earplugs at work.

Calamity
2007-08-14, 04:49 PM
I think most action movies are bad in theatres. Mostly because the noise is too loud. If I wanted to go deaf hearing a jet engine, I would take out my earplugs at work.

Action movies are actually my prefrered choice if I go to the cinema, either action or sci-fi, I always find those to give the best 'cinema experience.

Comedy is one of my favourite genres, that said, I prefer watching comedy movies on the TV. Most don't have that....hmmm...epicness about them. Maybe martial art parodies are an exception to that though.

Lucky
2007-08-14, 04:52 PM
Comedy is one of my favourite genres, that said, I prefer watching comedy movies on the TV. Most don't have that....hmmm...epicness about them. Maybe martial art parodies are an exception to that though.I must agree. I will never watch a comedy in the theatres.

FdL
2007-08-14, 05:31 PM
I don't really like going to the cinema. I only go to the cinema if there's a movie I really can't wait to see (the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Star Wars: Episode III). I'd much rather watch a movie at home, without all those annoying talking people and crying babies and ringing cell phones you get at the cinema.

QFT. I like going to the movies, but usually it's too much of a bother. I hate schedules, and people usually annoy me. Most of the movies I want to see are also preferred by the most stupid teenagers around. So it's really not very nice to have to share a room with morons who don't let you enjoy the movie.

Still, I agree in that there's films that are best enjoyed in a theatre. Generally those epic, earth shattering movies with lots of action and drama.

BTW, regarding movie at the theatre vs. DVD, I think in fact that the advent of DVD and "home theatre" technology has done wonders for the enjoyment of films at home. The video and sound quality are great, and that's what takes away some of the side effect of watching movies in the TV: it's too trivial. Especially if you watch them in a cable channel. They are stripped of all the drama and grandiosity this art form deserves. They are trivialized.

Point 2: I still can't understand why someone would choose to bring a baby to the cinema. It's loud and scary.

If I ever have children,I make a vow to never take them to the movies until they are no longer babies. It's a matter of principles.

Once I went to a rock concert. It was a small outdoors place, but it was still loud because we were forced to be pretty close. I saw a woman who parked her baby's chair a few metres away from me...incidentally, a few metres away from one of the big speakers. Then she peacefully sat down to watch the show. MY ears were ringing, go figure. Did she want her baby disintegrated from the inside out? You couldn't believe the look I gave that crazy woman. :smallmad:

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-14, 05:32 PM
QFT. I still can't understand why someone would choose to bring a baby to the cinema. It's loud and scary.

:

The baby or the cinema?

Calamity
2007-08-14, 05:35 PM
The baby of the cinema?

That made my day night :biggrin:

FdL
2007-08-14, 05:38 PM
LOL!

Indeed, both are.

Logic
2007-08-14, 06:02 PM
Ok, everyone knows those motivational posters, and the de-motivational posters, the ones with a picture, a short title in big bold font, and a small description that follows? Imagine this as one (I can't make it myself, or I would)

Picture! (www.pipfugl.dk/images/narnia-lucy-tumnus.jpg)
Narnia
Where it is ok to take candy from and visit the house of a half-naked stranger you met five minutes ago.

EDIT: Hmmm... Doesn't seem to work as advertised...
EDIT II: Better!

FdL
2007-08-14, 06:21 PM
Ok, everyone knows those motivational posters, and the de-motivational posters, the ones with a picture, a short title in big bold font, and a small description that follows? Imagine this as one (I can't make it myself, or I would)

Narnia
Where it is ok to take candy from and visit the house of a half-naked stranger you met five minutes ago.

EDIT II: Better!

Duuuuuude :S
I've read the book but haven't seen the movie. It sure looks creepy. Somehow in the book it didn't...

It's interesting how movie adaptations always kill their subject matter. This is more apparent with pure fantasy works like this. They bring it too much into the literal, physical side of things :s I don't know what a faun looks like, but that bare chested geezer wasn't in my Narnia :S

Dragonrider
2007-08-14, 06:33 PM
:smalltongue: yeah, somehow it sounds better on paper.

On the subject of kids in the theatre...when I went to see "The Return of the King" (the 5th time :smallwink:), I was shocked to see that someone had brought a three-year-old AND an infant.

That was a weird showing anyway. There were four middle schoolers in the front row who seemed to have come to the movie just so they could squeal like pigs every time Orlando Bloom appeared on screen. It was funny at first, but after a while I felt like going down and throttling them. They stayed until his name came up in the credits - then they screamed their heads off for a few moments, got up, and left.

I don't think they could have been more obnoxious if they'd tried.

Sean92k
2007-08-14, 06:35 PM

Narnia

EDIT II: Better!I can make that, if you want?:smallredface:

Edit: I did

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/sean92k/Narnia.jpg

Eldpollard
2007-08-14, 07:13 PM
Ah yes, small children in theatres, full of sugar what joy. My local cinema is the old style one screen affair, with a gentle slope at the sides of the seats. Some children kept running up and down making thudding noises. So I conveniently got leg cramp and had to stretch my leg out, and suddenly a child fell over. Needless to say I was shocked.

EDIT: @^Impressive.

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 07:19 PM
I say, what an unfortunate accident. :smallamused:

Sean92k
2007-08-14, 07:19 PM
Ah yes, small children in theatres, full of sugar what joy. My local cinema is the old style one screen affair, with a gentle slope at the sides of the seats. Some children kept running up and down making thudding noises. So I conveniently got leg cramp and had to stretch my leg out, and suddenly a child fell over. Needless to say I was shocked.

EDIT: @^Impressive.O_O ... You sir ... are a visionary :smallsigh: Tripping kids, its genous. I have to try this some time.
Has anyone (besides eld) taken revenge? I poured a whole tub of popcorn over the jerk sitting infront of me. He had it coming :smallfurious:

Not that impressive, some of my better work \/
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/sean92k/ghost.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/sean92k/sillion.jpg

Eldpollard
2007-08-14, 07:24 PM
I also work in a library. There are many children who are loud, this should not be. My method is smiling at them, constantly with my eyes slightly glazed. They then become very very quiet. Hey if you can't traumatise kids in your job then it's a job I don't want to do.

EDIT: For more cinema related revenge, if someone next to you is immensely annoying and/or loud simply state this loudly "I say sir/madam take your hand off my leg!" With the aforementioned glazed eye look it works very well.

Logic
2007-08-14, 07:55 PM
I can make that, if you want?:smallredface:

Edit: I did

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/sean92k/Narnia.jpg
O_O ... You sir ... are a visionary :smallsigh: Tripping kids, its genous. I have to try this some time.
Has anyone (besides eld) taken revenge? I poured a whole tub of popcorn over the jerk sitting infront of me. He had it coming :smallfurious:

If you don't mind, could you e-mail those to me as picture files? (I can't see them because of this blasted firewall.) I know some of must be sick of me saying it, but I repeat it just in case someone doesn't know any better.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-14, 08:04 PM

Holly crow. Did you do those pictures? They're all... wow. O.O

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 01:11 PM
This thread seems to have died, if 17 hours of inactivity are anything to go by.

I have my A level results tomorrow, what a fun packed day that will be.

Vonriel
2007-08-15, 01:14 PM
A levels? Some sort of testing or something? Silly british system of schools, why not go to the USA version, where you punish those who are smarter than the average. :smallsigh:

A question: Why is it that the spleen is the funniest of the organs? Take, for example:

I'd be more afraid of the bear knocking me down and devouring my stomach.

It doesn't just carry the comedic value of:

I'd be more afraid of the bear knocking me down and devouring my spleen.

Is it because of the Mystery Men superhero, the Spleen? I just don't know.

Lord Herman
2007-08-15, 01:18 PM
Because the 'spleen' has funny letters in it, while 'stomach' doesn't.

Behold: Wikipedia on inherently funny words (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherently_funny_word).

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 01:21 PM
A levels are the final exams of college in the UK.
Before that are GCSEs for high school. The results for those are out next week nation wide.
After the A levels there's university.

I think spleen is amusing because to most people (myself included) don't know what it is. A sense of romance perhaps, mystery. Everyone knows the stomach as "that big old digesting bag." there's no intrigue.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-15, 01:22 PM
Its the "sp" sound, which is usually funny (as in "splorch") and the "een" sound, which is sometimes but not always funny. Also, it's partly because few people know exactly where the spleen is or what it does.

Lord Herman
2007-08-15, 01:28 PM
Also, monosyllabic words (why does that word have so many syllables) are usually funnier than other words.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-15, 02:22 PM
Don't boast Eldpollard.
I get my GCSEs on the 23rd and if I get my 9 A*s, AS Level Sociology A Grade and my Lvl 2 CoPE I get a knig-size snickers. Seriously. That's what knowing your predicted scores does for you. If you get a C instead of a B it's "We're all disappoited in you [insername]. Why didn't you trt harder?"

One of the funniest words I know is zlot. Or splat, spleen oh, and smeg.

I think it's the combination of prononciations. Floccinoccinihlipilification (or whatever) sounds fairly weird. Flibbertigibbet sounds funny. On the whole most people find monosylabbic words funnier.

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 02:32 PM
I wasn't aware I was boasting.

Ah GCSEs, I did quite well in those. Except for art. I got an F in that. Most likely due to my total lack of artistic ability. In retrospect not the best course to choose.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-15, 03:24 PM
No. I was boasting. It was a lot of stuff t be expected to be that smart in.

I hated, well not so much hated as didn't like the teacher, course or what we had to do. I generally got average or above average in everything.
Except Textiles, Food Tech, Graphic, Resistant Materials and PE. And ICT oddly enough.
So, why did you choose to do it? Thought it'd be an easy course?
EDIT: Oh yeah. You get your results before me. That's boasting in front of people doing GCSEs.

Dragonrider
2007-08-15, 03:47 PM
I should be studying for the SATs right now. :smalltongue: But I'm not. Because I'm a bad person.

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 03:51 PM
SATS? The American version or the English one?

Dragonrider
2007-08-15, 04:27 PM
American.

On a completely different subject....

I just went downstairs and finished off a thing of blueberries. Then I realized that I have almost singlehanded consumed two pounds of blueberries in two and a half days. That's a lot of blueberries. :smalltongue:

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-15, 04:46 PM
Also, monosyllabic words (why does that word have so many syllables)

That IS ironic. But the true irony is that it's made of steel!

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-15, 04:57 PM
That is a lot of blueberries. Don't they contain a lot of natural sugar as well?

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 04:59 PM
Most fruits do. It's better than unnatural sugars. They're a mockery of nature .

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-15, 05:00 PM
I wonder why they're called blueberries. Can't be 'cause they're blue, because then strawberries would be called redberries. They were probably discovered by a guy name Marcus Blue. Yup.

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 05:02 PM
On the other hand we do have blackberries. Truly a conundrum.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-15, 05:04 PM
Blackberries are purple. But they are quite good, despite their paradoxical nature.

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 05:08 PM
Even if they have a tendency to make your hands purple. Blackberries are black, at least in my recollection. Now raspberries are an enigma locked in a puzzle wrapped in a conundrum.

Dragonrider
2007-08-15, 05:08 PM
I've heard that blueberries are like in the top two for "healthiest food"...whatever that means. How the heck are you supposed to measure "healthfulness quotient"? :smalltongue:

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-15, 05:09 PM
Blackberries aren't berries. Apples and bananas are berries but blackberries, bluberries and strawberries aren't acttually berries.

And blackberries taste amazing. Especially in blackberry and apple crumble. But the blackberries have to be handpicked so that they taste nice. NOONE likes frozen shop-bought berries of any kind.

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 05:12 PM
And if you can scrounge them a bush all the better. Although I remember my Granddad's garden, it was one giant bramble. Due to either laziness on his part or a love of blackberries.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-15, 05:13 PM
Blackberries aren't berries. Apples and bananas are berries but blackberries, bluberries and strawberries aren't acttually berries.

If it looks like a berry and tastes like a berry and quacks like a berry, it's a berry.:smallannoyed:

Dragonrider
2007-08-15, 05:14 PM
If it looks like a berry and tastes like a berry and quacks like a berry, it's a berry.:smallannoyed:

If it's called a berry, it should be a berry! :smalltongue:

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-15, 05:14 PM
Probably a bit of both. Luckily, I live so near the coutryside (1 min) because I can pick them to my hearts content. They've been out in Cornwall for a week or so now and every time I walk the dogs I end up picking a dozen or so. And they always stain your fingers and face a nice purple colour.

EDIT: Technically a berry has its seeds on the inside (so a blueberry is a berry) and not separated into 'compartments' (Like blackberries) or on the outside (like strawberries). Technically a blackberry is a droop-sac. Trust me, I saw this on QI.

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 05:16 PM
You've got them already? They don't appear here in Yorkshire till late September to mid October.

EDIT: @^And anything Stephen Fry says automatically equates to truth. I saw it on QI.

Vonriel
2007-08-15, 05:17 PM
I recall being up at my dad's house in Washington one summer, and the yard next to his was literally one giant blackberry bramble. Some hired landscapers (I assume) literally took machetes to the thing to get rid of it. :smalleek:

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-15, 05:18 PM
You've got them already? They don't appear here in Yorkshire till late September to mid October.

EDIT: @^And anything Stephen Fry says automatically equates to truth. I saw it on QI.

But you have pudding in Yorkshire.

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 05:19 PM
This is a good point. Cornwall has pasties though.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-15, 05:20 PM
Yeah. It's the warm weather, and general sub-tropical Penwith weather. But Yorkshire has Yorkshire Pudding, the moors and so many cool things.
And while Penwith is the most haunted place in the UK Yorkshire is the second most haunted place so you have ghosts and so much cool stuff.

And QI is an amazing show. Alan Davies always loses. And it's funny!

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 05:22 PM
We also have high crime rates, and where I live was voted 28th worst place to live in the UK. Go Mirfield.

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 06:14 PM
If you don't mind, could you e-mail those to me as picture files? (I can't see them because of this blasted firewall.) I know some of must be sick of me saying it, but I repeat it just in case someone doesn't know any better.Sent:smallsmile:

Holly crow. Did you do those pictures? They're all... wow. O.OYes, I did:smallamused:

I also do requests so feel free to ask:smallredface:

---

As for crime in the Uk, Im from Liverpool. I dont know how high the crime rates are but Im sure we're in the top five

And QI is an amazing show. Alan Davies always loses. And it's funny!
I saw one where Alan came second with 0 points, so he doesn't always lose. Its just 99.9% of the time

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 06:25 PM
I saw Alan win once. Not a frequent occurance of course.

Nomrom
2007-08-15, 07:07 PM
What exactly is QI? I keep hearing people talk about, but I've never heard of it, and right now I'm too lazy to look it up.

SDF
2007-08-15, 07:14 PM
7.7 Earthquake 100 miles south of Lima. You okay Mal?

*tries to call cousin*

Eldpollard
2007-08-15, 07:15 PM
It's a quiz show with Stephen Fry. It is awesome.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-15, 07:51 PM
Yes, I did:smallamused:

I also do requests so feel free to ask:smallredface:

Sweet...

Except... I can't think of anything to beg for. Cekia is (supousedly) working on a FFIX banner, Bath is possibly working on an Erfworld Darth Maul, and B-Man is making me three Narutars.

How about... an avatar sized... thing. >.<"

A female-looking lich in burning robes would be fun. *shrugs* What?

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 08:04 PM
I would love to but I cant draw :smallfrown: Its more of a collage type thing. But that is not to say i cant try:smallwink:

How does one go about making a skeleton look female?

Mr. Moon
2007-08-15, 08:08 PM
... Darn. And here I was thinking you'd done them on the computer...

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 08:10 PM
I had done them on computer, I just cant draw.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-15, 08:13 PM

You poor, poor soul. *shakes head mournfuly*

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 08:30 PM
Its a serious problem,:smallfrown: however could I interest you in something Kabuto related?

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/sean92k/Moon.jpg

Mr. Moon
2007-08-15, 08:32 PM
*fangirl squeal* You rock! ^_^

Damm MIW, I want to sig it so bad! DX

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 08:37 PM
Thanks :smallredface: You could sig it and kill anyone who raises the question? That seems like you:smalltongue: I never delete anything off my photobucket so when Men In White week is over Pm me

Mr. Moon
2007-08-15, 08:40 PM
Nah, I saved it in the word document where I save the code to all my cool Naruto pictures. Like this one:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/meagimoo/naruto%20avatars/thKouseiKitsune20-20dance20dance.gif

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 08:42 PM
ooooh, Gaara *Drool*
Work it baby, shake it, yeah, *whistles and sticks money in gourd*

I need to make more Naruto pics >.<
All i has is mah babeh
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/sean92k/attempt_4.gif

Mr. Moon
2007-08-15, 08:46 PM
Dude... How come you never shared your banner making skillz with me before? That's right, skills with a zed. Because that's just how awesome you are.

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 08:53 PM
Aww, thanks. You're nice somewhere in there aren't you (But I wont tell anyone)
About the banners, it never really came up before ... but now it has:smallbiggrin:
The Z thing reminds me of a funny story, with an australian.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-15, 08:59 PM
I am nuce. I just don't always need to show it, do I? My reputation is the crazy anime fangirl. Not the meen one. That's Dee's job.
I'm Canadian. I add random U's to words, like colour, say zed instead of zee, and get insulted when there isn't brail on the drive up bank machine.

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 09:07 PM
You certainly are the crazy one ... *Backs away*

Some one name a Naurto character, I need to make something.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-15, 09:09 PM
Well, I've always liked Tenten. Don't ask me why, but I do.

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 09:12 PM
Tenten and Rock Lee? Are you a fangirl or just bonkers? Anyways, one tenten related banner coming up. If I can find any pics of her *Grumbles about no 'screen time'

Tenten?

Mr. Moon
2007-08-15, 09:16 PM
Umm... Both? ^_^"

FdL
2007-08-15, 09:23 PM
We talking berries here, huh? (I'm not doing the backlog reading anymore, people :p I'm in forum rehab)

When I was a kid, close to our house there were lots of trees and forests, so we used to go play there. It was safe, no horror tales. But there were lots of berry bushes. There's many berry types in english, so I don't know what they're called (I probably should). They were the black or red variety, those that are made up from a lot of little balls stuck together (yeah, that describes about 50 varieties :p).
We used to pick them up and eat them. Sometimes a lot of them. We were young and had better working digestive systems, I tell you :p Hmmm, even so, let's say that we learned that it wasn't good to have too many of those berries.

Edit: *coughTemaricoughcoughhhhh*

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 09:25 PM
Umm... Both? ^_^"

*Sigh* As was to be expected:smallsigh:

Mr. Moon
2007-08-15, 09:27 PM
Tee-hee. Also: Try Photobucket. You may find some fanart...

@FDL: You may be thinking of blackberries. Rasperies are possible, but also red.

FdL
2007-08-15, 09:39 PM
Tee-hee. Also: Try Photobucket. You may find some fanart...

@FDL: You may be thinking of blackberries. Rasperies are possible, but also red.

Oh, yeah. Let me ask wiki to see if they were those.

Edit: Yaay, blackberries ^^ A trip down memory lane with just a picture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackberry).

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 10:02 PM
Not a big fan of the berry really, but I do love strawberries ... and thats about it on the berry thing for me :smalleek: We used to have a berry bush in the front garden, but then we got it paved over. No more berries. On a plus side it has kept all those annoying birds away >.<. Flapping all up in mah face

TenTen
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/sean92k/Tenten.jpg
Fdl. Temari will be tommorow, its four in the morning and I be gong to bed now:smalltongue:

FdL
2007-08-15, 10:12 PM
Fdl. Temari will be tommorow, its four in the morning and I be gong to bed now:smalltongue:

Yay for the fishnet wearing bad girl! ^^
Hmmm...Now that I think of this...What's with Naruto's "ninjas" wearing fishnets? I think some of the dudes do too. Not complaining about the girls because, duh, you don't need an excuse to wear fishnet stockings. Yay ^^

Dragonrider
2007-08-15, 11:08 PM
Yay for the fishnet wearing bad girl! ^^
Hmmm...Now that I think of this...What's with Naruto's "ninjas" wearing fishnets? I think some of the dudes do too. Not complaining about the girls because, duh, you don't need an excuse to wear fishnet stockings. Yay ^^

You sicken me. :smalltongue:

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-16, 02:00 AM
Ah, to be Running windows again, I almost missed the away messages.

Sean92k
2007-08-16, 07:17 AM
Shikamaru wears fishnets and he's a boy, Anko wears them but she's a girl. I'm pretty sure Itachi has them under that claok:smallconfused:

Fdl your Temari
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/sean92k/Temari.jpg

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-16, 10:06 AM
Ah, Fishnets and Bandages, yup signs of Naruto ninjas if I ever did see one.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-16, 10:36 AM
I'm afraid of pink elephants and Oompa-Loompa's

Lord Herman
2007-08-16, 10:37 AM
And rightly so. Vicious beasts, those pink elephants. And Oompa-Loompa's are pretty creepy.

Hoggy
2007-08-16, 12:48 PM
Driving lesson tomorrow.

Someone tell em good things. I am nervous. Must... pass... damn... test.... gah.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I SAY.

Wish I could just get it over with rather than sit here chewing nails that no longer exist.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-16, 12:51 PM
Don't sit there worrying, study everything you might need to remember for it. Not only does it help, but it'll also keep you from worrying. If you have access to a car, I'd say practice, if you can do so safely.

bosssmiley
2007-08-16, 01:04 PM
Driving lesson tomorrow.

Someone tell em good things. I am nervous. Must... pass... damn... test.... gah.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I SAY.

Wish I could just get it over with rather than sit here chewing nails that no longer exist.

You control the car, not vice versa. It is a loyal, silent, mindless servant that will only do what you command it to. Know what you are doing, know what the car can do, know the rules of the road, and you will be fine.

Yes the instructor has dual-controls; but if you are taking in what he tell you, and you're using your own good sense, he shouldn't never need to touch them.

Do not panic. If you feel like you are going to panic during a lesson then pull over and stop the car. A panicked person in control of a car is a bad thing. The instructor (if he is worth the $$$s you're paying him) will understand this.

Oh, and assume that every other road user is an idiot who will do the stupidest thing they can. This teaches the necessary caution that will keep you safe when some prat inevitably lives up to this expectation. :smallannoyed:

Good luck and don't sweat the driving test. Unless you're in Egypt (their test: drive 200 yards along the road without driving into the Nile) you ~really should~ fail first time: no-one's truly fit to be on the road until they've a) failed a test, or b) had an accident.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-16, 01:12 PM
Relax. Don't panic. Don't think about it, you've practiced all the moves so you should know them all very well. Don't let exam stress get the better of you. It'll go fine.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-16, 01:18 PM
What are you talking about? It was well over a year before my first at fault accident after getting my License, and I passed my Drivers test(With Flying colors). A person's only fit to drive on the road if they can realize there are other drivers that actually want to get places.

bosssmiley
2007-08-16, 01:39 PM
What are you talking about? It was well over a year before my first at fault accident after getting my License, and I passed my Drivers test(With Flying colors).

And did you drive more carefully before, or after you had your accident Rex? And how many near misses, "that idiot!" moments and the like did you have before you actually had the bump?

This is entirely rhetorical. I don't expect an answer and I certainly ain't dissing your driving. I'm just saying it's ~more~ likely that you were really lucky than anything else when it came to beating the statistical spread for accidents. :smallamused:

A person's only fit to drive on the road if they can realize there are other drivers that actually want to get places.

Agree wholeheartedly. Combine that with "every road user is a *potential* idiot" caution and a little common courtesy, and you have probably the perfect recipe for safe driving.

Worst drivers I've ever seen: the ones who thing the accelerator is the answer to every problem they encounter. You know the type. Lights are changing? Boot it! Narrow gap to negotiate at a junction or on-ramp? Boot it! Emerging into oncoming traffic? Boot it!

There is a time and a place to drive hard and fast (ie: in a car that's designed for it, and on a light traffic road), but these guys are just accidents waiting to happen. Never a copper or Gatso where you really need one.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-16, 01:44 PM
I've hit a few Mailboxes, and almost failed my drivers test because of my one fault. Since then I alway take a Pull through or End Space when parking. My biggest problem is going in reverse. As for driving more carefully, meh, I drive smart. People driving carefully can get too zealous at it and not actually drive to drive anywhere. If you want to drive carefully, that's okay, just get out of my way.

I've stated before, I realized no one really cares about me, and before you react with pity, I say that includes me. I can lie dead in a ditch for all I care. So I don't fear that stuff, I focus on the road and drive. I get so into it some times that I black out only to realize I'm near my destination.

And screw you, I'm that type of people.

Dragonrider
2007-08-16, 02:03 PM
I'm taking my practical test next Tuesday, my written test probably tomorrow. So Hoggy, we're in the same boat.

I'm not TOO worried...there are just some things that I need to remember, like that they'll fail you straight off if you don't look over your shoulder crossing the railroad tracks. Or slow down in the school zone even though it's summer, because there's a daycare. :smalltongue:

Well, I had an accident my first day ever in the driver's seat (read: totaled my dad's car), and I can absolutely say that once I got over the trauma, it made me a MUCH better (read: more cautious) driver.

Skippy
2007-08-16, 02:06 PM
I still owe my mum some repairings that were made to the car due to my lack of experience calculating the space the car would use... Really, that must be the most difficult thing there is when learning to drive...

Hoggy
2007-08-16, 02:40 PM
It's not so much the driving, I can do that fine. Had lessons for a while, according to my DI I should have taken the test in end June/early July time, but had trouble getting it booked with dear mother. Hate.

It's just the nagging fear that I'm gonna balls it up on one silly mistake, which me being me, I'm perfectly liable to doing.

And I gotta say, I'd probably agree with rex: there's a thing as over-caution. It gets you nowhere, and can earn you minors in tests. :smalltongue:

Dragonrider
2007-08-16, 02:40 PM
Daaaaang. I just watched the "informational DVD" about driving and now I'm mad. At them. Because it's supposed to help you "become a better driver", but it's just 5 or six stories of teenagers who killed people by making the one mistake that wrapped their car around a telephone pole.

I call it driver education by electroshock therapy, and it TICKS ME OFF! They did it in drivers' ed, too. How about instead of telling us what COULD HAPPEN if we make a mistake, explain to us how to AVOID THE MISTAKE?!?! OR SOMETHING?!?! Because all that DVD is going to do is make me scared and I don't wanna be scared! I drive worse when I'm scared! :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious:

:smalltongue: I'm working myself up here, don't mind me...

:smallmad: Seriously though. Teenager does not equal stupid. Unwise, yes. But not stupid. I saw all this last fall in drivers' ed, how about an informational DVD on how to pass the freaking test, not on people like me who died? :smallyuk:

Eldpollard
2007-08-16, 02:44 PM
I haven't started lessons yet. I should get round to doing that really.

Korith
2007-08-16, 02:44 PM
Huh. I took the Young Driver's course here in Canada. If memory serves, they had a list of 20 "Do this" sort of things to avoid problems before they start (safe following distance, checking mirrors, planning your route out, etc), and the last one was essentially "If all else fails, check your mirror and hit the breaks, or otherwise get out of the way!"

It's common sense sort of stuff, but common sense isn't all that, well, common.

Vonriel
2007-08-16, 02:46 PM
Bosssmiley, does it count if you were in an accident with a friend's car? Because that was still scary as hell. If I could recall what actually happened during the accident, it probably wouldn't have been that scary, but I can't recall anything that happened from like 2 seconds before the accident until the cars were at a complete stop, and for some reason that scares me. However, I have yet to get into an accident while I've been driving, and I passed all my driver's tests the first time. So if the above doesn't apply, I guess I'm an anomaly?

Generally, other drivers are either decent enough drivers - don't accelerate when you go to pass them, get out of your way when you're coming up behind them, signal lane changes.. - crappy drivers - they do the opposite of the decent drivers - or overcautious drivers - these are the ones going ten miles below the speed limit in the fast lane. Of course, my experience is almost exclusively interstate driving, so... take it as you will. I tend to take notice of the crappy drivers, but I do see a fair amount of decent drivers. *shrug* Weird.

Midnight Son
2007-08-16, 04:20 PM
In my 20 years of driving history I have:

Sideswiped a 5' concrete sign my third day behind the wheel.
Rearended some poor bloke who was going to turn, but didn't.
Flipped a rental car at 80mph.

Glaivemaster
2007-08-16, 04:33 PM
Someone at our sixth form managed to flip their car upside down. Twice. A few months after passing her test, and a few weeks apart. Luckily, she was uninjured both times, but I think she got shocked into being more careful

North
2007-08-16, 04:44 PM
Im lucky never even so much as a scracth or bumped fender on any car ive ever been in. Im like a rabbits foot for driving.

Khaldan
2007-08-16, 04:45 PM
You flipped a rental car? That musta been expensive..

I can't drive, so i don't have any stories :smalltongue:

Vonriel
2007-08-16, 04:47 PM
Actually... no. If you get the insurance (It's what.. 30 bucks?) you can total the car and they'll bring you a shiny new one. :smallbiggrin:

Midnight Son
2007-08-16, 05:36 PM
Yep. Insurance. Though it was actually closer to $100 for the insurance. Didn't have to pay a dime for the car. Got a lovely scar on my hand out of the deal, though.

Nomrom
2007-08-16, 06:10 PM
I've never been in an accident before, but I think that's probably more dumb luck than good driving. I've had a couple close calls where I almost switched lanes into another car, but nothing recently. I've definitely gotten better in the year and a half I've been driving, and I'm much more aware of what's going on now.

Jack Squat
2007-08-16, 06:35 PM
I haven't had to file any claims from accidents; but I've managed to hit three things when going a very low speed.

First was the back bumper (may have actually hit the hitch, not the point) of a pickup. There was a greenlight, but also the area was a construction zone, which means that no one was going anywhere despite there not being any construction going on at the time. The brakes in the car I was driving are naturally loose, but had for some reason or another suddenly gotten looser. I barely tapped the truck and there was no damage, so we both agreed to drive off.

Then I backed into my dad's work van. It dented the door a little, but it can just be popped out with one of those dent doctor kits. In my defense, it was really foggy out and about 11 at night; my tail lights didn't light up where I was going all too well.

After that I managed to take out a mailbox that was cemented into the ground (the post had broke at the base). This left a dent in my mom's suburban that I was driving, but nothing much. I gave the owner my name and phone number, as I was in a hurry and she didn't know what her husband who was at work would say about it; and I was never called back. My dad was really mad at me, but 3 days later backed my mom's car into a tree. Needless to say, I got off the hook pretty fast.

FdL
2007-08-16, 07:11 PM
You sicken me. :smalltongue:

Aww...Which part? Some I can't change, let's hope it's one of the others :p

Shikamaru wears fishnets and he's a boy, Anko wears them but she's a girl. I'm pretty sure Itachi has them under that claok:smallconfused:

Shikamaru is cool in his own way, so I guess he can pull it off. And he's manly too. IIRC Anko doesn't wear much more than a fishnet bodystocking under her trench coat. She has some shorts at least, doesn't she? Well, she's way cool anyway, I guess we don't see enough of her in the series.

I'm not sure I want to know what Itachi has under his cloak though.

Then there's the bandages. I mean, come on. What do people like Kurenai and Ino think of when they dress up in the morning? At least they don't have to worry with the laundry.

Fdl your Temari
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/sean92k/Temari.jpg

Yay!!! ^^ Awesome, Sean! Thank you! You're good at this.

SweetLikeLemons
2007-08-16, 07:16 PM
Daaaaang. I just watched the "informational DVD" about driving and now I'm mad. At them. Because it's supposed to help you "become a better driver", but it's just 5 or six stories of teenagers who killed people by making the one mistake that wrapped their car around a telephone pole.

I call it driver education by electroshock therapy, and it TICKS ME OFF! They did it in drivers' ed, too. How about instead of telling us what COULD HAPPEN if we make a mistake, explain to us how to AVOID THE MISTAKE?!?! OR SOMETHING?!?! Because all that DVD is going to do is make me scared and I don't wanna be scared! I drive worse when I'm scared! :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious:

:smalltongue: I'm working myself up here, don't mind me...

:smallmad: Seriously though. Teenager does not equal stupid. Unwise, yes. But not stupid. I saw all this last fall in drivers' ed, how about an informational DVD on how to pass the freaking test, not on people like me who died? :smallyuk:

When I took driver's ed, our instructor told us that the whole point of the classroom section was to drum "don't drink and drive" into our heads. Over and over. Which is pretty much what they did. The only problem is that all the videos are both unrealistic and overly morbid, so I don't know how effective they are. We watched one called "The Last Prom". It was so ineptly done, it was pure comedy.

Anyway, I guess it's not suprising that they couldn't resist the temptation to play the "Your car is a death machine. Be afraid!" card one more time. Just remember that you are not as stupid as they seem to think. I secretly think the test people try to fluster you a bit to see how you'll perform under pressure. So don't let them! I don't see the point of a DVD at all. You know all this stuff, you've been practicing it for months, that is why you have to log a certain amount of hours before you can even take the test. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Best of luck!

PhallicWarrior
2007-08-16, 10:04 PM
I will now explain why I am not allowed anywhere near a car, or anything with a steering wheel. I was known as junker in NASCAR 2000 because I learned to win races by damaging the other cars out of the race. (Mostly by driving the wrong way.) This tactic continued in NASCAR Racer 4, albeit with less success. (You car could die without you having to return to the pit lane and getting a "damaged out of the race" message.) The other incident was when our lawnmower broke down and our neighbor lent us his riding mower. My dad was tired and asked me to do it and I did. My mom pulled in the drive way and got out of the car and I made a slapstick jest at running her over; however, my foot slipped off of the brake pedal and the mower shot forward and nearly mowed her down. (No pun intended.) And that's the story of how I became a Paladin got banned from any mechanical equipment.

FdL
2007-08-16, 10:11 PM
:S

I can't say I don't agree with your parents here :smallconfused: I mean, how fast can a riding mower go, and you nearly ran over your mother, of all people :p

Vonriel
2007-08-16, 10:12 PM
Riding mowers can get rather speedy, and if he was close to her, they tend to lurch forward if you don't ease off the brake. Erm, but I have no experience in this sort of thing, nosirree.

PhallicWarrior
2007-08-16, 10:17 PM
I never said that I didn't agree with my parent's decision. I only wish I hadn't messed up, or I'd be mobile by now.

North
2007-08-16, 10:25 PM
Heh thats funny

Mowed her down

SweetLikeLemons
2007-08-17, 12:04 AM
If I may make a couple of suggestions?

http://www.composters.com/gr/silent_reel_mower.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/RacingBicycle-non.JPG

No, wait, that can still do some damage.

Here we go:
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51W0tUT%2BjsL._SS500_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/16-Inch-Original-Big-Wheel/dp/B0001A866O/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-1515240-8794861?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1187326657&sr=8-1)

Penguinizer
2007-08-17, 12:08 AM
The worst thing I've managed to do with a bike was to rip open a seam on my pants. That, or fall into a ditch. No, before you ask, I was 100% sober...

I just wasn't paying attention while driving one handed and drinking pepsi.

SweetLikeLemons
2007-08-17, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I've never managed to injure anyone but myself with my bike, either. I just wanted to be on the safe side, because, well, he seems exceptionally talented at wreaking wheeled havoc.

Hoggy
2007-08-17, 07:31 AM
YayIpassedmytestI'msohappyIforgotaboutthespacebar.

Only 6 minors, not bad I thought.

Thank ya'll who helped!

Sean92k
2007-08-17, 07:43 AM
Big, Big congrats. Have fun on the roads

Look what I made

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/sean92k/Donkeh.jpg

Hoggy
2007-08-17, 07:46 AM
Heeheehee. I may need to delete some quotes, but that is getting sig'd.

Sean92k
2007-08-17, 07:49 AM
Oooo. *Does happy dance*:smallbiggrin:

I think you should delete the one about the game, it got me just then:smallmad: . I'm getting round to liking the procastinators one:smalltongue:

Hoggy
2007-08-17, 07:55 AM
Shame, I deleted all of them. The procrastinator one was awesome though. And I like making people lose the game. I lose it all the time, and I like that to reflect in others. Or something.

Sean92k
2007-08-17, 08:01 AM
Same here about the game >:¬). I only have to think about Castaras to lose:smalleek:. I might put the procastinators line in my sig:smallconfused:

Castaras
2007-08-17, 08:03 AM
Same here about the game >:¬). I only have to think about Castaras to lose:smalleek:.

Hmm...that's another person who thinks of me and loses...

I wonder why it's thinking of me that makes people lose? :smalltongue:

Sean92k
2007-08-17, 08:05 AM
Your old av. With the banner that said 'The game'

Castaras
2007-08-17, 08:07 AM
Ah...so it's avatars...

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5008/thegamejf5.png
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7475/thegameps4.png
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4317/newcastarasplayeravatarqo1.png

Meh...I should make a few more, sometime.

Sean92k
2007-08-17, 08:13 AM
Yes them lot:smallannoyed: Dont make anymore, you should use your abilities for good not evil. Spread happ... Im wasting my time aren't I?

Lord Herman
2007-08-17, 08:14 AM
Cassie, has anyone ever told you how horribly evil you are?

Castaras
2007-08-17, 08:15 AM
Yes them lot:smallannoyed: Dont make anymore, you should use your abilities for good not evil. Spread happ... Im wasting my time aren't I?

Seeing as I'm an AMENite, and am evil already, I'd say yes. :smalltongue: :smallwink:

Cassie, has anyone ever told you how horribly evil you are?

Yep. :smallamused:

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-17, 08:19 AM
Poke poke. Cassie, Restore the Wiki Forums. Revert all the pages.

Korith
2007-08-17, 08:23 AM
*Note to Cassie*
You're evil

*Note to Not-Cassie who just read this*
EXPLOSIVE RUNES

Korith
2007-08-17, 01:57 PM
*Laments*

I....I killed it!

Eldpollard
2007-08-17, 01:59 PM
And you double posted:smallwink:. This thread does have a habit of dying though.

Lord Herman
2007-08-17, 02:11 PM
*Laments*

I....I killed it!

Congratulations.
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Tshirt.png

Korith
2007-08-17, 02:13 PM
I accept your T-shirt.

Accursed Friday, why can't time during the work hours move at a perceived rate that's 14% faster than what it seems now?

Eldpollard
2007-08-17, 02:15 PM
Even if it did they'd just make you work 14% more hours. It's lose lose!

Korith
2007-08-17, 02:18 PM
Humbug! I'm talking about perceived time. The actual flow of time can be left to it's own devices. Were perceived time to have moved at that rate, I'd be done now, or at least not as bored.

Penguinizer
2007-08-17, 02:33 PM
Meh, I'm tired. I need to find 5 more plant samples (from a list). Otherwise, standard weekend...

Gitman00
2007-08-17, 04:21 PM
So I just got a new tattoo on my left arm (I'll post a pic in "You" if I ever get a digital camera). Unfortunate side effect: Since I'm deploying next month, I've got a lot of vaccinations to get, and I have to get them all in the non-tattoo arm. Yesterday I got typhoid, anthrax, and smallpox. If anyone's interested, that anthrax shot burns. Not only that, but it's a 6-shot series, and that was just my first one. :smallannoyed:

Ah, well. I guess that's what I signed up for when I made Uncle Sam my boss. Not that I'd trade it for anything! :smallcool:

Logic
2007-08-17, 04:35 PM
One reason I avoided tattoos at the injection sites was to avoid exactly what you are going through Gitman.

Nomrom
2007-08-17, 05:23 PM
At least typhoid and smallpox aren't that bad though. Another bad one is yellow fever. It burns pretty bad. I hate those shots that come in series like that. I had to get three rabies shots just to go down to the Dominican.

Hoggy
2007-08-17, 05:42 PM
I hate tourists.

Work was easy until 9, when everyone and their mother decides pub is best place to be. I end up working until 11 (shift is meant to end at 10) and have to go in very early to finish up tomorrow.

Hate tourists. GTFO my Boscastle plz kthzbai.

SDF
2007-08-17, 06:47 PM
Then maybe you shouldn't work in customer service :P

I find it a bit funny they still give the smallpox vaccination.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-17, 08:46 PM
You know what I don't get? More and more often, I'm finding threads started by people who clearly have not read the rules. And people who should know better actualy post there. It's like they're asking the mods to just ban them now. :smallconfused:

Nomrom
2007-08-17, 08:51 PM
Then maybe you shouldn't work in customer service :P

Yeah, correction I didn't get the smallpox vaccination. As far as I knew, it had been eradicated. I didn't even know they still gave it out.

Gitman00
2007-08-17, 09:23 PM

From the handout I got:

...The world's last case of naturally occurring smallpox was in 1977. Routine vaccination of the American public against smallpox ended in 1972...
...Some people should get the vaccine because they work with smallpox or related viruses in laboratories. Others are being offered the vaccine so they can assist in responding to a smallpox outbreak. Smallpox virus is kept in two approved laboratories in the United States and Russia. There is concern that terrorists may have obtained the smallpox virus and could use it as a weapon.

I guess they just don't want to take chances. I'm no epidemiologist, but it seems to me smallpox wouldn't make a very good weapon, since it's only spread person-to-person.

EDIT:

You know what I don't get? More and more often, I'm finding threads started by people who clearly have not read the rules. And people who should know better actualy post there. It's like they're asking the mods to just ban them now. :smallconfused:

Any specific examples come to mind, or just a generalized gripe? :smallamused:

Mr. Moon
2007-08-17, 09:28 PM
Yeah, but it spreads like fire, and gets all over everything. Blankets, doorknobs, hands, etc. Good luck not touching anything.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-17, 09:43 PM
Moon's right. I haven't been here nearly long enough to start griping about how things were in my day, but - Hey! You hooligans get off my lawn! I admit that I'm one of the "people who should know better" than to post on those threads that she mentioned, but... uh... hm. How am I going to tell them not to do that anymore if I don't? Oh, right, the mods can do that for me. Uh... Hey, I said get off my lawn! In my day, if I went on someone else's lawn... *trails off into incoherent rant*

Nomrom
2007-08-17, 10:44 PM
Yeah smallpox would make a very dangerous weapon, because it spreads so easily, and almost no one is vaccinated against it, so most people who come in contact with it will get it.

On a happier note, I'd been lurking in the playground for at least a year and half, and nothing seems that much different to me, except for different people. Maybe I had to actually post to understand.

SDF
2007-08-17, 10:50 PM
A significant portion of the adult population of the US is vaccinated, I know my parents got the shot (or rather shots) The problem with using it as a weapon is that you have to get a strain first. The only remaining samples are at the CDC in the US and a research lab in Siberia, both under heavy, round the clock guard. It's probably easier to find an unprotected nuke somewhere >_>

Skippy
2007-08-17, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I found two yesterday... I'm selling them at Ebay, $5.99 each, plus tax and sending...

Midnight Son
2007-08-17, 11:06 PM
I just bought myself a webcam. Now everyone can see me while I sit around in my skivvies.:smallbiggrin:

Okay, so that doesn't really happen that often, but the thought makes me giggle.

Nomrom
2007-08-17, 11:09 PM
Actually, the number of missing nukes is kind of frightening. One of the guys at the machine shop I work at actually used to build nukes. He said their factory had like four unaccounted nukes while he worked there.

Logic
2007-08-18, 01:15 AM
Actually, the number of missing nukes is kind of frightening. One of the guys at the machine shop I work at actually used to build nukes. He said their factory had like four unaccounted nukes while he worked there.

If that is an American Factory, I say "Only 4?"

If Russian, I say "Wow! You guys kept it in the single digits!"

If Chineese, I say "Wow. You must of had an off day."

Lord Herman
2007-08-18, 01:18 AM
Just after the Soviet Union collapsed, factories in Russia often found themselves unable to pay their employees in cash. They therefore resorted to paying them with the goods they produced.*

"Sorry, Vladimir, we're out of cash again. Here, have a nuke instead."**

* True story
** Probably also a true story

Eldpollard
2007-08-18, 08:53 AM
Now I'm picturing soviet Russians in a shop going "Got change for a nuke?" Hardly ideal.

bosssmiley
2007-08-18, 09:03 AM
I just bought myself a webcam. Now everyone can see me while I sit around in my skivvies.:smallbiggrin:

Eeeewwwww! Time to raze the Intarweb methinks. :smalltongue:

Gitman00
2007-08-18, 09:44 AM
A significant portion of the adult population of the US is vaccinated, I know my parents got the shot (or rather shots) The problem with using it as a weapon is that you have to get a strain first. The only remaining samples are at the CDC in the US and a research lab in Siberia, both under heavy, round the clock guard. It's probably easier to find an unprotected nuke somewhere >_>

Well, the vaccine is only good for 10 years, so unless they were vaccinated after '97 (highly unlikely), it doesn't count.

Dragonrider
2007-08-18, 10:56 AM
I just read "Doomsday Book" by Connie Willis. I was telling my brother about it, and he was like "There's NO WAY that could happen in modernday times! The only apocalyptic even that's really feasable is a nuclear disaster!" (Yes, he deals in absolutes) (and for those not in the know, "Doomsday Book" deals with the Black Death in 1348 and a new virus in 2050-something, among other things.)

I was like "Uhh...you get a virus with a short incubation period and a high mortality rate, you got a problem."

I had to bring Mom into the discussion because he had virus mixed up and thought that you could cure it with antibiotics. :smalltongue: They do say that a flu is coming that will have that kind of effect on this country, and every year there's a huge thing in the media about some new flu that could have a devastating effect on us...so far it's all just been hype, but I'm sure it's coming.

We've never gotten the flu shots, though, because half the time it's for the wrong strain anyway or there's some problem and they never do what they're supposed to. :smalltongue: My mom is one of those kooky anti-vaccine people. I mean, we got all the main illnesses, plus every meningitis vaccine known to man because that's Mom's nightmare disease, but I have a history of bad reactions (Hep A to go to China I had a fever of 106 and throwing up all night) so we avoid anything that's not strictly necessary.

North
2007-08-18, 10:57 AM
So if theres a small pox is there a more deadly bigpox. Or maybe largepox. Or itsaglandularpox?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-18, 11:03 AM
It's small compared to Chicken, Cow, and MonkeyPox, so methinks.

Captain van der Decken
2007-08-18, 11:07 AM
Just got back from a two-week holiday in Norfolk. Which just happened to coincide with a 'mosquito invasion'. Gah.

Monkeypox? That almost sounds fun.

Cruxador
2007-08-18, 11:16 AM
Since the conversation is about viruses, did you get West Nile or Avian Bird Flu (as opposed to non-avian bird flu)

Dragonrider
2007-08-18, 12:03 PM
My tennis coach got West Nile. Lost 25 pounds (this guy had NOTHING to lose, either) and almost died. Actually there was a guy in our area who DID die of it... :smalleek:

Only about three cases in the state, though, I think. And all of them got it in Idaho. :smallamused: darn you Idahoans!

FdL
2007-08-18, 12:09 PM
Cute subject we got us into :p

Such is the unpredictability of Random Banter. :smallcool:

Penguinizer
2007-08-18, 12:36 PM
It's kinda like language arts at my school once. We started making a sentence about a broken can. And ended talking about mad cow diseas : \

FdL
2007-08-18, 01:40 PM
I've just had instant cup noodles for the first time in my life. Not bad, actually. Well, I had to try them. Shrimp flavored Maruchan brand.

The soupy part of it was really tasty, the actual noodles are supposed to be a little insipid, are they? (I mean, they're noodles :p) Pretty filling too, I thought it wouldn't be.

This pseudo-alimentary experience brought me a little closer to understanding North American youth and their habits ^^ Now what's next?

bosssmiley
2007-08-18, 01:51 PM
This pseudo-alimentary experience brought me a little closer to understanding North American youth and their habits ^^ Now what's next?

Cheetos and 'Dew, of course. :smallcool:

FdL
2007-08-18, 02:24 PM
Ok ^^
We do have Cheetos here, so checked. I recall at some point we had Mt. Dew, but it's not so widespread now. Might have a hard time finding it. Is it any good? I mean, is it different enough from Sprite?

Captain van der Decken
2007-08-18, 02:29 PM
What is Mountain Dew, anyway, and why is it so popular?

Scorpina
2007-08-18, 02:32 PM
I believe it's a soft drink of some kind. Like Spirte, perhaps.

Nomrom
2007-08-18, 02:38 PM
Sprite's better in my opinion. I don't actually like Mountain Dew.

Scorpina
2007-08-18, 02:43 PM
So, that would mean they were similar and comprable, then?

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-18, 02:50 PM
What is Mountain Dew, anyway, and why is it so popular?

Basically, a sort of green orange-flavored soda with a crapton of sugar and caffiene.

Popular because it's green? and eXtreme?

Arameus
2007-08-18, 02:52 PM
Sprite and Dew are kinda similar in that their not cola beverages, but Mountain Dew is more sugary and a biohazard-green color.

Nomrom
2007-08-18, 02:53 PM
Actually, I'm not sure anymore. I knew Sprite is a lemon-lime flavored soda. However, Mountain Dew just says it is a citrus-flavored soda. So they're kind of the same, but they might be different.

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-18, 02:54 PM
Actually, I'm not sure anymore. I knew Sprite is a lemon-lime flavored soda. However, Mountain Dew just says it is a citrus-flavored soda. So they're kind of the same, but they might be different.

The flavor is quite different, yes. sprite has a much more lemon-like taste, whereas Dew is more like sunnyD in flavor.

North
2007-08-18, 03:03 PM
Would MonkeyPox make you better at climbing..... ot the other thing monkeys do...

Quincunx
2007-08-18, 03:06 PM
Doubt it. I've survived chicken pox, lost my head, and stopped running around shortly afterwards. . .

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 03:10 PM
You know, Quinicunx, if you sign up for MIW, don't you think it'd be a bit more confusing if you were to use the propper stolen ID? Or at lest keep your old avatar? *sighs*

Em Blackleaf
2007-08-18, 03:13 PM
I thought I was seeing double with those sigs.
Jeez, that's weird.

Quincunx
2007-08-18, 03:24 PM
My alternate identity reclaimed his proper avatar; I didn't feel it was right to keep using it after that. "Anticipation" has to be retired anyway, my husband dislikes it for some reason.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 03:27 PM

Yeah? Well you smell funny. >.<

Quincunx
2007-08-18, 03:28 PM
They're spell components!

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 03:30 PM
Suuure.:smallamused:

Oh well. I think I'll go snatch up a random ID and change it every few minutes.

You know what's sad? I had to try to respell minutes five times. >.<

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-18, 03:46 PM
I bought Stardust and Mort today.

Penguinizer
2007-08-18, 04:01 PM
Mort was good. I will probably go to the library on Monday, if I get around to doing it :P

I need to get a couple of cd's and some books.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 04:05 PM
*spins around* So, how do I look? ^_^

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-18, 04:08 PM
Like Lord Magtok.

Captain van der Decken
2007-08-18, 04:08 PM
Like a cold hearted mechanical monster.

Mort is fairly good. Stardust looks interesting, but I haven't read it. Maybe I'll check the library.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 04:11 PM
Oh, good, I was going for cold-hearted mechanicle killer.

As for the books... Never read them, so I'll stop bugging you now.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-18, 04:11 PM
Stardust is good. Neil Gamain is a good friend of Pratchett's.

Quincunx
2007-08-18, 04:12 PM
You look very. . .dark. Again. I'm starting to wonder if your monitor is much brighter than mine, or if your eyes are just better--well, your eyes are almost certainly better.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-18, 04:21 PM
Anyone read Children of Hurin?

FdL
2007-08-18, 04:31 PM
*spins around* So, how do I look? ^_^

If that's your new avvie, you look great. If it's swapped, then you look exactly like some guy I've never seen. :p

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 04:38 PM
It's swapped. I'll swap it again in half an hour. ^_^

Em Blackleaf
2007-08-18, 04:49 PM
It's swapped. I'll swap it again in half an hour. ^_^

That's how you confuse people.

Nomrom
2007-08-18, 04:50 PM
Anyone read Children of Hurin?

I have it, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Ceres
2007-08-18, 05:01 PM
Hooray! I'm now on the 6 year road to become a full-fledged psychologist! I was one of the lucky 44 of 2700(!) applicants who was admitted into Oslo University to study the subject :smallbiggrin:

So if anyone wants to talk about their relationship with their mother in the future, you know who to PM :smalltongue:

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 05:04 PM
Good luck with that, Ceres. Have fun dealing with crazy people for a living. ^_^

Nomrom
2007-08-18, 05:06 PM
Wow, you're really going to have fun with the whole avatar changing thing, aren't you.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 05:08 PM
I spent two days rolling dice to get this thing set up. Damn right I'm gonna get my headaches worth.

Next identaty theft schedualed in an hour. ^_^

phoenixineohp
2007-08-18, 05:18 PM
Hooray! I'm now on the 6 year road to become a full-fledged psychologist! I was one of the lucky 44 of 2700(!) applicants who was admitted into Oslo University to study the subject :smallbiggrin:

So if anyone wants to talk about their relationship with their mother in the future, you know who to PM :smalltongue:

Holy odds batman! Congrats! I hope that it all works out well for you.:smallsmile:

Ceres
2007-08-18, 05:23 PM
Holy odds batman! Congrats! I hope that it all works out well for you.:smallsmile:

Well, admission is based on your grades, so it wasn't all luck :smalltongue: However, the course is filled with people an average of three years older than me who have worked hard to up their grades for a few years. I feel very young and inexperienced compared to the rest, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll make it through all six years. Thanks for the words of encouragement :smallsmile:

FdL
2007-08-18, 05:23 PM
Moon, I hereby grant you the title of Queen of Confusion.

I guess my ex won't complain about it. :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 05:28 PM
Cool. I need to get Sean to make me a banner for that.

Nomrom
2007-08-18, 05:43 PM
A banner that you won't be able to use for a few days until you have finished impersonating everyone in the playground and have reverted to your own avatar and sig.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 05:49 PM

Yup! ^_^

Calamity
2007-08-18, 06:01 PM
Nghhhh.. Moon, I keep thinking you are DLD now, the ER - DLD swap didn't confsue me at all, but this.....

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-18, 06:04 PM
Hey Moon_Called; have you seen that Ninja Info Cards video with Kabuto-kun?

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 06:09 PM
Nghhhh.. Moon, I keep thinking you are DLD now, the ER - DLD swap didn't confsue me at all, but this.....

You're troubles are over. I'm Syka now. ^_^

Hey Moon_Called; have you seen that Ninja Info Cards video with Kabuto-kun?

I haven't. And don't bother posting the link. Mom's set up McAfee so I can only use this site and Runescape, the witch.

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-18, 06:10 PM
Hah! Did someone catch you at your drawing? :smallwink:

Dragonrider
2007-08-18, 06:11 PM
Wow if I hadn't been looking for it, that one would have thrown me for a loop :smalltongue:

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 06:14 PM
Hah! Did someone catch you at your drawing?

That's one theory... ^_^"

In other words, yes. I was foolish enough to leave a window up with my Photobucket album in it. >.<

Ego Slayer
2007-08-18, 06:18 PM
Wow, very cool. Congrats! :smallsmile:

Mr. Moon
2007-08-18, 06:20 PM
Hey, Ego, mind if I impersonate you next? I wanna have that sexy cat guy as an avatar. ^_^