PDA

View Full Version : Optimization ways to optimize A Celestial PC?

rediridesence
2017-06-20, 10:53 AM
I am currently finding myself in a party of good-aligned players doing a campaign that involves a "holy crusade vs evil".

the party has one half celestial elven cleric, a human paladin, a chaotic good rogue, and and half celestial dwarf monk (yes, a dwarf monk).

After talking it over with the game to make sure it was allowed, I was given the go ahead to run as a True Celestial PC. More specifically, I am playing as a Astral Deva (savage species pg 155).

the game isnt super cheese, but there is a decent bit of challege, combined ny chances and opprotunites for fluff and Roleplay.

I would be starting as a level 7 character, so i would like some suggestions on what to take for my PC that would help fit the image for my character: "divine warrior from heaven sent to smite the evil plaguing these lands."

Im just looking for feat, skill, and weapon choices atm tbh. (yes i plan on staying as the race, so im not looking for suggestions for other races).

thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

Gildedragon
2017-06-20, 11:09 AM
Weapon: something ranged is probably a good idea considering your flight ability.
Also, possibly, a weapon that benefits from charging
You could also want to go non-lethal, if only to boost your apparent righteousness...
Considering the mace is a typically cleric-y weapon... Maybe a meteor hammer

Also: maybe check out oselcamo's take on the Astral Deva. IIRC he tries to get the classes to match up to their HD.
I ain't got a link but Google?