PDA

View Full Version : Items useful for campaign in GoT universe

ivanbin
2017-06-21, 03:22 PM
Playing in a game where the players are in a GoT universe and have various perks they can draw on. One player has their thing be that they can buy items from a Dnd shop. The shop contains all 1st party items, as well as dragon magazine. Though the player gains money to spend there slowly, so can't go buying items worth hundreds of thousands.

What items would be on great value in a GoT setting? For example, despite its cheap cost, a hat of disguise is amazing. Boots of teleport are costly, but make travel not take weeks or months. A ring of invisibility let's you walk into most places. And so on.

Any suggestions for items that would be very useful?

Gildedragon
2017-06-21, 03:41 PM
Beholder Daggers from Dragon Compendium: ie spy on folks via their weapons

Headband of Charisma

Anything of "Purify food and drink"

Travel Cloaks: with winter coming get, endure elements is super handy, as is producing tea and meals from nowhere

Flaming Swords: Bluff the whole of the Red Faith into following you

Anything of Resistance to Fire... Mock the pyromancers by dousing oneself in wildfire and not burning

Scroll of Speak with Dead

ivanbin
2017-06-21, 03:43 PM
Anything of "Purify food and drink"

Maybe I like the taste of poison? :P

Gildedragon
2017-06-21, 03:45 PM
Maybe I like the taste of poison? :P

I mostly meant it because of the alcohol. Keep oneself sober while the rest of the people drink themselves stupid

ivanbin
2017-06-21, 03:55 PM
Yeh that too. Any other ideas? Keep em coming :P
I imagine any item that allows for long range communication would work too. Ravens take days or weeks. You can communicate instantly. Hella useful