PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Wizard, homebrewed variant of Deep Gnome

Imperii
2017-06-22, 12:08 PM
I will be participating in a Zelda themed 5e campaign. I am playing as a Sheikah, which the DM has modeled similarly to the Deep Gnome, and which allows me access to the deep gnome's racial feat. I have been informed that reaching level 20 is a realistic scenario. I have a wealth of experience in 3.x and 4e D&D, but have never examined 5e prior to several hours ago.

I am hoping for advice on how to craft a well optimized School of Abjuration wizard, that utilizes the synergy of the Svirfneblin Magic feat of the Deep Gnome in order to recharge my Arcane Ward. I am option to any options except altering my starting race.

Play will begin at level 1.

Sheikah Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Intelligence increases by 2 and your Dexterity increases by 1.
Age. Sheikah mature at around 20 years of age, and can live up to around 150.
Alignment. Sheikah tend to stick to the ancestral traditions passed down through the clans. They also attempt to uphold their honor, to make up for their past. They trend towards Lawful and Good.
Size. Sheikah share the same averages as a Hylian - 5-6 feet in height, averaging at 120 pounds. Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Cunning. You have advantage on all Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws against magic.
Naturally Stealthy. You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Sheikah.