PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Plant Wildshape and Leshys

ATHATH
2017-06-22, 05:29 PM
If I use the modified Wild Shape of the Leshy Warden Druid archetype to transform into a Lotus Leshy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/plants/leshy-template/leshy-lotus/), do I gain the Seed Spray natural attack(?)/ability(?)? Do I gain the Dream Pollen rider effect on my Seed Sprays, since it's mentioned in the natural attack entry in the Lotus Leshy's statblock?

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft.; lily pad stride
Melee slam +8 (1d4)
Ranged seed spray +8 (1d3 nonlethal/×3 plus dream pollen)
Special Attacks dream pollen, seed spray
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +16)

Constant—lily pad stride, pass without trace

Serafina
2017-06-22, 11:58 PM
As a general rule that isn't broken by Wild Shape, Polymorph-effects only give you
- a +10 bonus to disguise
- the natural attacks of the creature, including stuff like reach, damage and crit-range but not necessarily stuff like constrict, poison etc.
- the size of the creature, with the size-dependent modifiers
- any benefits listed by the spell, if the creature you have it has those. Always us the smaller number for ranges, speeds etc.

So, you definetly don't get Dream Pollen, since Plant Shape makes no mention of it.
You do get the ranged attack. I'm not quite certain whether you get the special "6 attacks as one standard action" thing - RAW, you might either only be able to make one attack with it, or might have to spend a full-round attack to make those 6 attacks.

ATHATH
2017-06-23, 12:22 AM
Darn.

How badly DOES Plant Wild Shape gimp your Wild Shaping capabilities? Treantmonk's handbook seems to imply that Plant Wild Shape is quite bad, but it seems to be kind of outdated (what DID happen to Treantmonk, anyway?).

Ellrin
2017-06-23, 02:05 AM
Darn.

How badly DOES Plant Wild Shape gimp your Wild Shaping capabilities? Treantmonk's handbook seems to imply that Plant Wild Shape is quite bad, but it seems to be kind of outdated (what DID happen to Treantmonk, anyway?).

Treantmonk's druid guides are like five or six years out of date. I haven't combed the plant types in the bestiaries yet, myself, but I've heard there are some much better forms that have been released since then. I think animals and elementals are still generally considered better for wild shape, though (unless you get access to other types through an archetype or whatever).

ATHATH
2017-06-23, 01:59 PM
Treantmonk's druid guides are like five or six years out of date. I haven't combed the plant types in the bestiaries yet, myself, but I've heard there are some much better forms that have been released since then. I think animals and elementals are still generally considered better for wild shape, though (unless you get access to other types through an archetype or whatever).
That's unfortunate, since Treantmonk's handbook was the only Druid handbook for PF that I could find. Perhaps someone should make a new guide/handbook...

Serafina
2017-06-23, 02:58 PM
A collection of Pathfinder guides. (http://zenithgames.blogspot.de/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html)
There's only one more full Druid-guide, but there's two on Polymorphing, which Wildshape works off obviously.