PDA

View Full Version : How would this work out?

Were-Sandwich
2007-08-05, 02:28 PM
I'm thinking of running a 'psi-punk' (think Mage-punk, but with psionics instead) game some time in the future, and was considering using the following variants/house rules. I would like to know not how balanced it would be, because frankly I don't care, but what kind of environment it would create (which classes/races are good, what to look out for etc).

-No arcane or divine magic, only psionics and ToB. Both are very prevalent
-Defence Bonuses and Armour as DR, but not as implemented in UA, more like iron heroes
-Weapon Group proficiencies
-Constitution based Masssive Damage threshold
-Widely used gun-like weapons (telekinetically powered rail-guns and psychokinetically powered lasers) which have their own weapon groups and decent stats. I may import the multifire/autofire system from CoC d20.

Mostly fighting humanoid enemies.

Gralamin
2007-08-05, 02:30 PM
I'm thinking of running a 'psi-punk' (think Mage-punk, but with psionics instead) game some time in the future, and was considering using the following variants/house rules. I would like to know not how balanced it would be, because frankly I don't care, but what kind of environment it would create (which classes/races are good, what to look out for etc).

-No arcane or divine magic, only psionics and ToB. Both are very prevalent
-Defence Bonuses and Armour as DR, but not as implemented in UA, more like iron heroes
-Weapon Group proficiencies
-Constitution based Masssive Damage threshold
-Widely used gun-like weapons (telekinetically powered rail-guns and psychokinetically powered lasers) which have their own weapon groups and decent stats. I may import the multifire/autofire system from CoC d20.

Mostly fighting humanoid enemies.

The most prevalent problem will be healing. The lack of healing means it will be a more gritty game.
I don't think you will have that many problems though.

Were-Sandwich
2007-08-06, 09:18 AM
Hmmm. Egoists can provide healing, as can crusaders.

YPU
2007-08-06, 09:30 AM
It would take a bit of work, but it might just turn out very cool. Make sure you have players prepared for some mayor improvised rule re-working. If this has futuristic technology healing would be more prevalent, perhaps some sort of combat stim version of potions? also use the d20 modern rules for healing instead of the DnD ones. If you are planning on runing this on the forum i might just be like to join, depending on the time i have on my hands.

An important piece of information would be what science level your looking for, seeing you are planning rail-gun like things.