PDA

View Full Version : I saw a spoiler in the unlikeliest of places (Last Knight spoiler)

danzibr
2017-06-23, 02:28 PM
I was in Target browsing toys with my son. We watch one of the Tranfromers shows with a dinobot Grimlock, and he has that toy and several others from the show.

Well, at some point recently they released toys corresponding with the most recent movie. Target had 4: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, some cop car, and Grimlock.

So... I guess he's in the movie >.>

btw, I realize this isn't really a very unlikely place to see a spoiler. Just unexpected on my end.

EDIT: Just realized I put this in gaming. Whoops. Any kind mod want to put it in either friendly banter or media discussion?

Driderman
2017-06-23, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't really consider that a spoiler, unless the presence of said bot in the movie is somehow unusual or unexpected. Like for example if he was canonically dead, or not in this timeline, or whatever.

danzibr
2017-06-23, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't really consider that a spoiler, unless the presence of said bot in the movie is somehow unusual or unexpected. Like for example if he was canonically dead, or not in this timeline, or whatever.
This reminds me of a different thread, how anti-spoiler people are. Personally, I try to not even watch trailers.

GloatingSwine
2017-06-24, 02:07 AM
Spoilers: Transformers The Last Knight is utter garbage and you shouldn't watch it, nor should you allow children to watch it. Sit them down in front of some good Transformers instead like Transformers Animated. (Maybe Prime, if your tolerance for CGI is sufficiently high, but Animated is just the better show.)

Knaight
2017-06-24, 04:10 AM
Sit them down in front of some good Transformers instead like Transformers Animated. (Maybe Prime, if your tolerance for CGI is sufficiently high, but Animated is just the better show.)

There is no good Transformers. There's only nostalgic Transformers, remembered as vastly better than it was.

Aotrs Commander
2017-06-24, 04:38 AM
There is no good Transformers. There's only nostalgic Transformers, remembered as vastly better than it was.

Not true. The Marvel comics Transformers run (specifically the UK run, which was expanded) was great!

The cartoons and films have never quite measured up to that, though, but the the original, Animated and Prime are about the best of the rest (with the various strengths and weaknesses of each).

GloatingSwine
2017-06-24, 05:02 AM

Not at all. Transformers Animated (the 2007-2009 series) is great. Good plots, character driven, more morally complex than usual, etc.

Not true. The Marvel comics Transformers run (specifically the UK run, which was expanded) was great

IDW's current comics are also good.

Aotrs Commander
2017-06-24, 05:59 AM
IDW's current comics are also good.

I read a few to start with, but when I lost my local comic shop and had to start getting stuff online, it became impossible to keep track, unlike when I could wander into the local comic shop and see what was coming out. And Forbidden Planet is TERRIBLE with online subscription windows. You go when you hear about it and you can't subscribe, and inevitable when you do manage, it's several issues in and you have to track the back issues. (It looks like I'll have to track four issues of the new Gen X because they are so bizarrely out-of-phase... Hell, I have found I, in the UK, get my comics AFTER some of the folks in Austrailia.)

Dienekes
2017-06-24, 06:26 AM

Beast Wars holds up. Rewatched some of it a few months ago. Beast Machines, however, does not.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2017-06-26, 12:09 AM
If that's all it takes to spoil it for you you got off ridiculously lucky. The movie toys have been set up to hit general distribution at or just before their respective movie's release. Devastator, the Fallen, various versions of Megatron, you could see them in toy form before we saw their onscreen appearances.

Compare that to, say, Transformers Animated, which waited a year after the first season aired to distribute the toyline. 'Course, we've got the movie toyline to blame for that. Hasbro didn't want its lines to compete with each other.