View Full Version : Optimization Immortal + Bladesinger: Building a better Power Ranger

mythossanta
2017-06-24, 12:33 AM
So, tonight I realized that Mystic + Wizard is insane. Look at this:

1 Mystic (Immortal)/2 Wizard (Bladesinger), Half Elf. Stats are 10, 16, 14, 16, 10, 8 After Racials. Keep in mind our Ac is going to be 10 + Dex + Con + Int. In other words.

Ac = 10 + 3 + 2 +3 = Ac 18 at level 3 with barely any commitment (aside from the MAD stats). The real question then becomes where do you take the rest of the build. I have a few ideas, but I'd like to see this really expanded upon and looked over, assuming I'm on to something. The obvious choices are putting the 17 in Mystic or Wizard, but Rogue or Artificer could also work.

Happy Optimizing, and more edits/posts will come as I hammer out ideas.

Sicarius Victis
2017-06-24, 12:45 AM
Take a few more levels in Mystic, go for Iron Durability, Crown of Rage, and Psionic Weapon disciplines at the very least, then go Rogue Swashbuckler for a highly-skilled duelist that excels in single or group combat. And remember to take Sentinel at some point in time, to help keep enemy attention on you.

There you go, a DEX/INT-based tank.

mythossanta
2017-06-24, 12:53 AM
Take a few more levels in Mystic, go for Iron Durability, Crown of Rage, and Psionic Weapon disciplines at the very least, then go Rogue Swashbuckler for a highly-skilled duelist that excels in single or group combat. And remember to take Sentinel at some point in time, to help keep enemy attention on you.

There you go, a DEX/INT-based tank.

Yeah, that's kinda what I got to after a little more digging in. Overall mystic seems crazy powerful.