PDA

View Full Version : Team Ready, Aim, Fire! Round 5

Lord Herman
2007-08-05, 04:28 PM
Hello, and welcome to the fifth round of team-based spin-off of Silkenfist's Ready, Aim, Fire!

The theme for this round will be Ninja versus Samurai. I'm going for a mix of Japanese myth and stupid western preconceptions.

Registration is open until Tuesday, 18:00 GMT. If you want to join a specific team, please specify which one. If you don't specify a team, I will add you to a random team.

The Rules:
The rules are like those of the standard game (linky!), with a few additions:
1. The players are divided into two or more teams.
1a. At recruitment, the players specify their preferred team.
1b. Players who don't specify a team will be placed in a random team.
1c. If one team has more members than the other(s), I will randomly move players around. I'll first try to even it out with the players who didn't specify a team.
2. You can not shoot players on your own team.
3. If your team is the only one left standing, you win. There are no individual victories in this game - only victories as a team.

There are also some rules that aren't critical to the gameplay but are important nonetheless:
1. You can only send one action at a time.
List of Players:
Ninja
?

Samurai
?
Previous Rounds:
The Trojan War - Winner: Trojans
Star Wars - Winner: Rebels
Superheroes - Winner: Heroes
Pirates - Winner: Navy
The Auto-Notify List:
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Baboon Army
Captain van der Decken
DarkLightDragon
Destro Yersul
Dr. Bath
Draken
dun-dun-DUUN
Ezlo
Firepup
Fleeing Coward
Fredricus
Gezina
HyramGraff
Ink
Kasz
Khaldan
Mad Wizard
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
Shadow
Stu42
Vampiric
weebl
Xykon Fan

If you want to be added to the list, just post here and ask. Remember, you'll still have to register for the game - people on the list just get a PM to notify them that registration has started.
For a list of trophies and their winners, go here (http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Gallery/TeamRAF.html).

Khaldan
2007-08-05, 04:29 PM
In! Ninja! KILL THE SAMURAI!

Dr. Bath
2007-08-05, 04:33 PM
Preferably a samurai please.

Destro_Yersul
2007-08-05, 04:40 PM
I'm in. Ninja, thanks.

Indurain
2007-08-05, 04:58 PM
I'm in. I'd prefer Ninja, but I don't really care that much.

Studoku
2007-08-05, 05:06 PM
I'll play. Put me on team samurai.

InaVegt
2007-08-05, 05:07 PM
My lord commands me to kill those dreaded ninja, honor bounds me to do in fact that.

(Samurai)

Name: Geh Zin Nah Edit: Gezinato Vegota

Zar Peter
2007-08-05, 05:40 PM
I'm in , I don't bother wich side!

Mr. Moon
2007-08-05, 05:54 PM
Put me in on any team. I love both sides.

Unless the Shinobi are the Naruto kind. In which case... Pheonix Fire no Jutsu!

Edit: In fact, lets go with that. Put me on the Ninja team as a Naruto ninja all the other ninja get bugged by with mad Ninjutsu and Genjutsu skills. ^_^

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-05, 06:10 PM
I want to play!! Please let me play.

Draken
2007-08-05, 06:16 PM
I live in the darkest shadow.

Ninja here.

And place me in the auto-notify list.

Neodan282
2007-08-05, 06:57 PM
I am peaceful leaf.

Peaceful leaf joins game as a ninja.

evnafets
2007-08-05, 07:05 PM
I feel honour bound to join in again. Samurai.

HyramGraff
2007-08-05, 07:12 PM
I'll join. Random team please.

Lord Herman
2007-08-05, 07:39 PM
Put me in on any team. I love both sides.

Unless the Shinobi are the Naruto kind. In which case... Pheonix Fire no Jutsu!

Edit: In fact, lets go with that. Put me on the Ninja team as a Naruto ninja all the other ninja get bugged by with mad Ninjutsu and Genjutsu skills. ^_^

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Naruto. Of course, I could write you as a stereotyped anime character.

Pwenet
2007-08-05, 07:50 PM
I'm game, don't care which side I end up on.

Ink
2007-08-05, 08:47 PM
In! I've played a lot of ninja lately, I think I'll be a samurai this time.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-05, 09:04 PM
In, the side that has better life insurance will get my services, which mainly involves killing myself on the first night.

Skippy
2007-08-05, 10:39 PM
I'm in again... Team Samurai

Bushido, the way of the Warrior, calls me

Fredricus
2007-08-05, 10:49 PM
I'm in again!

Either side will do

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-08-05, 11:51 PM
I'm always in. *cough*

Samurai, superior. Ninja, inferior.

Can't say I'm a fan of shuriken, so I'll have to go Samurai. Plus they're superior.

Baboon Army
2007-08-06, 12:57 AM
Sign me in as a ninja please.

alec
2007-08-06, 02:10 AM
I'm in as a samurai. Death before dishonour!

Raiser Blade
2007-08-06, 02:37 AM
"hello my name is Hiro Nakamura i am from the future."

in as a samurai

Castaras
2007-08-06, 03:01 AM
*Runs in with god-like speed, carrying the famous Reverse-Blade sword of the Battousai*

In as Samurai. A naughty little samurai who stole an anime character's sword.

*hides from the angry Man-Slayer*

dun-dun-DUUN
2007-08-06, 06:10 AM
Me.
In.
Ninja.
:smallamused:

DarkLightDragon
2007-08-06, 06:21 AM
In. I don't care what team.

*is reminded of a certain round of the classic of this game*

:smallcool:

Vampiric
2007-08-06, 01:27 PM
I am Dragon Ninja. And though the song is Shinobi versus Dragon Ninja, this time they work together.

Ninja me up, please!

(is the auto-notify list for all ready, aim, fire games, or just this/the next one? If it's for all future games, can I be added, пошалуйста? (russian for please))

Lord Herman
2007-08-06, 03:33 PM
The auto-notify list is for all games, although I'll probably remove inactive players from the list from time to time. I'll put you on the list.

edit: I've made myself a ninja-riffic new avatar! It's not a real ninja, of course - it's a Japanese one. If it were a Roman ninja, you wouldn't be able to see him.

pingcode20
2007-08-06, 05:28 PM
In for a Ninja named 'Samurai' for added confusion.

What? It scores a nice '50' on the Pirate Vs Ninja calculator! :smallbiggrin:

I'll prove it! (http://www.majcher.com/pvn/pvn.cgi?a=n&n1=Samurai)

Mr. Moon
2007-08-06, 06:18 PM
I'm afraid I don't know anything about Naruto. Of course, I could write you as a stereotyped anime character.

That works to! ^_^

RocketBard
2007-08-06, 07:34 PM
I'll be in as a samurai named Mugen.

Points for Moon_Called if she knows the anime. It was ten times the anime Naruto was!

Krursk
2007-08-06, 07:48 PM
Ok, if I'm not too late for this one, I'm in for the Samurai. Oh, and good job to my fellow navy guys who managed to allow Neodan to commit suicide while I faced the peril of my grandad's house and his really bad internet connection

Ezlo
2007-08-06, 09:30 PM
I'm in for the Meatloaf side, and if that fails I'll go where you put me. :smalltongue:

PirateMonk
2007-08-06, 09:46 PM
In, on whichever side will let me ignore the rule about not shooting teammates. (Random.)

Case
2007-08-06, 10:35 PM
Let's see I'm in on the side off.....samurai.

Shadow
2007-08-07, 01:31 AM
Well, since I won the Maggie for Ninja ITP, I guess that I'm a Ninja.
Sign me up.

Alarra
2007-08-07, 01:33 AM
Sign me up for Ninja.

Akaziel
2007-08-07, 03:38 AM
Honor demands I must be a Samurai.

Lord Herman
2007-08-07, 11:25 AM
The contestants so far:

Ninja
Alarra
Baboon Army
Destro Yersul
Draken
dun-dun-DUUN
Indurain
Khaldan
Moon Called
Neodan282
pingcode20
Shadow
Vampiric

Samurai
Akaziel
alec
Case
Castaras
Dr. Bath
evnafets
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
RocketBard
Stu42

Random
Atreyu
DarkLightDragon
Ezlo
Fleeing Coward
Fredricus
HyramGraff
PirateMonk
Pwenet
Zar Peter

The sign-ups close on Tuesday, 18:00 GMT.

Oh, and for those who are making obscure anime references - I don't know any anime, so the references are completely lost on me. I won't be able to work anything anime-based into the game, except maybe some very basic parodying of common anime concepts. Think this (http://www.commissionedcomic.com/index.php?strip=35).

Raiser Blade
2007-08-07, 12:54 PM
When any of the team samurai "selfs" we should instead say "Seppuku"

For the emperor!!!

Lord Herman
2007-08-07, 01:25 PM
Sign-ups are now closed. I'll post the introduction shortly.

PirateMonk
2007-08-07, 01:32 PM
Two-day sign up?

Lord Herman
2007-08-07, 02:19 PM
Japan is in turmoil. After the old Emperor passed away, his son, Ezlo, ascended to the throne. Ezlo’s father was a wise and just ruler, who was loved by the people and the nobles alike. The new Emperor, however, is not the political genius his father was. Not having the patience to deal with the bickering daimyos, Ezlo has taken away most of their power, instead ruling the whole of Japan with an iron fist.

To celebrate his ascension to the throne, Emperor Ezlo has instituted a new national holiday: Meatloaf Day. On this day, all citizens of Japan are required to eat nothing but meatloaf, on pain of death. This enraged Japan’s Buddhist population, whose faith forbids them to eat meat. Seeing an opportunity to regain their power, a number of daimyos have organized a rebellion, and the angry populace quickly flocked to their banner. The samurai, however, stayed loyal to the emperor.

The daimyos are now in control of most of Japan, but their rule is not yet legitimate. Only if the Emperor himself acknowledges their rule, will they be able to bring peace, stability, and a distinct lack of meatloaf to Japan. Ezlo has barricaded himself in the royal palace, defended by his samurai. The daimyos do not dare to risk a frontal assault to the palace – if the Emperor were to die, the people would quickly turn against them. Therefore, they have dispatched the most fearsome assassins the world has ever known – the ninja. They are to kill the samurai guard, and capture the Emperor.

Lord Herman
2007-08-07, 02:20 PM
Samurai
Akaziel
alec
Case
Castaras
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
Ezlo
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
RocketBard
Stu42
Zar Peter

Ninja
Alarra
Atreyu
Baboon Army
Destro Yersul
Draken
dun-dun-DUUN
Fleeing Coward
Fredricus
HyramGraff
Indurain
Khaldan
Moon Called
Neodan282
pingcode20
PirateMonk
Pwenet
Shadow
Vampiric

Please submit your actions before Thursday, 18:00 GMT.

Ezlo
2007-08-07, 04:49 PM
This is the second meatloaf crazed emporer I have played! lol, type casting. :smallwink:

Now do I protect myself? Or shoot someone else?

Mr. Moon
2007-08-07, 09:03 PM
The sign-ups close on Tuesday, 18:00 GMT.

Oh, and for those who are making obscure anime references - I don't know any anime, so the references are completely lost on me. I won't be able to work anything anime-based into the game, except maybe some very basic parodying of common anime concepts. Think this (http://www.commissionedcomic.com/index.php?strip=35).

Like I said. That works to.

My character is gonna be so cool![/egostroke]

Lord Herman
2007-08-08, 04:26 AM
This is the second meatloaf crazed emporer I have played! lol, type casting. :smallwink:

That's a lie! Ezlo of Troy was a king, not an emperor. Huge difference. :smalltongue:

Krursk
2007-08-08, 05:19 AM
In, on whichever side will let me ignore the rule about not shooting teammates. (Random.)

Wait, there's a rule against that? But I don't like meatloaf day...

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-08, 05:24 AM
Want to trade places? I like meatloaf day...

pingcode20
2007-08-08, 05:33 AM
I'm sorry, Fleeing Coward, but I'm afraid now you must die.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-08, 05:41 AM
I am ready to die. Everybody knows I always commit suicide on the first day and there's no sushi to save me anymore.

Draken
2007-08-08, 09:38 AM
Write me down as an assassin with a disturbing fondness for ice.

*Icicle Stab*

Vampiric
2007-08-08, 09:47 AM
Then we share some characteristics, Draken. :smallcool:

Are we allowed to attempt to influence the manner in which we attack?

Lord Herman
2007-08-08, 04:32 PM
Yes, you can. Just name your request in your PM.

Oh, and...
ACHTUNG!
Could any players who missed the deadline for the sign-ups please post here? It'll give me an indication whether I need a longer sign-up period next time.

Mad Wizard
2007-08-08, 10:26 PM
Could I please be put on the auto-notify list for next time?

Lord Herman
2007-08-09, 01:03 PM
Time's up, writing now.

Ezlo
2007-08-09, 01:30 PM
I would like to be on the auto-sign up as well, always under random and meatloaf, if applicable.

Shadow
2007-08-09, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure if I got my action in on time.
I guess we'll wait and see....

Lord Herman
2007-08-09, 01:41 PM
@Ezlo: There is not auto-signup, only an auto-notify list. You will still have to sign up every round.

@Shadow: I'm afraid you missed the deadline by a few minutes.

Lord Herman
2007-08-09, 03:45 PM
Emperor Ezlo is sitting in his throne room, guarded by four samurai. “Skippy-san, come here,” he says. One of the samurai turns toward the emperor, and asks: “What would you ask of me, your highness?” “Bow.” “What?” “You forgot to bow.” Radikalskippy draws his katana. “I have shamed myself, Emperor. I will now take my own life, to regain my honour!” “No, wait, that’s not…” says the Emperor, but the samurai has already skewered himself on his blade. “Well, damn.”

A group of dark figures have gathered at the west wall of the palace. One of them says: “Remember, we must not be seen. The element of surprise must be on our side. And do not let any harm come to the Emperor.” One of the ninja throws a grappling hook over the wall, and climbs the rope. The others follow him. “Careful,” one of the ninja says, “I see a guard down there. Pwenet, you take on the guard, while we try to find a way in.”

A samurai walks into the throne room, bows deeply, and waits for the Emperor to speak. “Uhm... Akaziel? Why are you wearing that strange headband? Where is your helmet?” “Your highness, I have invented a new form of warfare.” “Explain.” “Well, you see, seppuku may be very honourable, but it doesn’t really help us win any wars. So I have thought of a way to use seppuku as an offensive weapon.” “How exactly?” “I call it Kamikaze. The idea is that you wait for the enemy to assemble a large force, and then strike at them.” “I’m sorry, Akaziel, but that’s already been invented. It’s called a battle.” “Respectfully, your highness, not like that. I mean we strike at them with airplanes.” “Airplanes?” “Yes, we strap bombs to airplanes, and crash them into the enemy.” “Akaziel-san, what are you talking about? What are these ‘airplanes’?” “Uhm... well, you see, your highness, er...” “Never mind, Akaziel. Just... go and eat meatloaf or something. And do me a favour.” “What would you have me do?” “Don’t commit seppuku.”

While the other ninja look for a way into the palace, Pwenet sneaks towards his target. When he gets closer, he notices that the guard is sleeping. He quietly slits DarkLightDragon’s throat, and rejoins the group, who are standing at a wall of the main building. “Have you found a way in?” “No, Pwenet-san. All the entrances are well guarded. There is no easy way in. We will have to fight our way through.” “Now wait just a minute,” says PirateMonk. “Why don’t we just make a hole in the wall? It’s just paper.” The ninja takes his cutlass, and with a few strokes, he makes himself an entrance. “For shame!” one of the ninja says, “you can not just cut holes in walls! And by the way, why do you have a cutlass?” “Uhm...” “A cutlass is a pirate weapon. Where did you get it?” “Well, you see...” “Yes, we will see!” The ninja removes PirateMonk’s mask. “Aha! An eye patch! And a beard! You are a pirate!” “Avast! I be discovered,” PirateMonk says, and tries to run. He doesn’t get far – three shuriken hit him in the back, killing him.

The ninja enter the palace, in search of the Emperor. One ninja, however, decides to climb on to the roof. He looks around for a good vantage point, so he can cover the ninja’s retreat once they have the Emperor. This ninja, however, has forgotten one very important rule of ninja-ing: instead of wearing a black outfit, he has chosen to wear a bright red one. While he searches for a good spot, he suddenly hears movement behind him. As he turns around, he suddenly sees a monkey with a katana cutting his legs off.

“...and then he killed my family. I swore an oath to hunt him down and kill him, but my lord didn’t approve, so I went ronin. Then, I found this huge sword, and...” “Be quiet,” says Indurain, “they’ll hear us! Besides, we’ve heard your backstory a thousand times now.” “Yeah, we’re beginning to grow tired of it as well,” says one of the samurai standing before the group of ninja. “You will not stand between me and my vengeance,” says Moon Called, and prepares to strike at the nearest samurai. However, her oversized weapon gives her trouble – she can’t lift the enormous katana, let alone swing it. With a few strokes of their blades, Case and Lord Fullbladder chop the ninja to bits, showering the corridor with blood and severed body parts. The ninja quickly retaliate, and Case finds himself pinned to the wall by shuriken, thrown by a llama in ninja attire. Another ninja, who isn’t wearing any attire at all, approaches him. “Now you die, samurai.” He reaches for his sword, and remembers he didn’t bring one. “Erm... Atreyu, can I borrow a sword?” The llama bleats, and hands (or rather, hoofs) him a wooden blade. “Well, this will have to do,” Indurain says, and with some effort, he pushes the wooden sword through Case’s heart.

Atreyu finds himself under attack by two samurai. Gezinato Vegota and Zar Peter both strike at the llama. He tries spitting, biting, and throwing wooden swords, but the samurai quickly close with him and chop off his head. “Atreyu! No!” shouts Vampiric, seeing his furry comrade die. He draws four throwing knives, and throws them at Zar Peter. The samurai manages to block two of them with his katana, but the other two puncture his lungs. Vampiric draws more knives, preparing to throw them at Gezinato Vegota, but he hasn’t seen Krursk. With a quick stroke, he cuts the ninja in half. As Krursk turns around to attack Indurain, Khaldan appears from the shadows, and shoots him with a crossbow.

“But your highness, we need to hold of the ninja! If any of them...” “Nonsense, evnafets. If you leave, who am I going to play noughts and crosses with?” “But your safety...” “Stop blabbing about safety. Now, RocketBard, what should be my next move?” “Enough of this!” says Ink. “I am deeply sorry, my emperor, but I must disobey you. I must do my duty, and my duty is to protect you.” As the samurai leaves the throne room, he immediately regrets what he has done. “I have dishonoured myself. Seppuku it is, then.” He draws his sword, but at that exact moment, a ninja jumps from the shadows and lunges at Ink. The samurai’s half-drawn katana cuts HyramGraff cleanly in two. “Huh. Well, maybe I can make myself useful after all,” Ink says, and wanders off to find more ninja.

Outside, two ninja are arguing. “And why can’t he be a ninja?” says Peaceful Leaf. “Because he’s a monkey, that’s why!” “Come on, Shadow, give him a chance! He is a mammal, after all.” “We don’t have any ninja costumes he fits!” “We did get a tailor to make an outfit for Atreyu.” “We only did that because Atreyu is the ninja grandmaster’s nephew.” “How is it that a llama is the grandmaster’s nephew, anyway? I don’t recall the grandmaster ever bleating or spitting during training.” “Don’t ask me.” “Ook! Ook!” says Baboon Army, pointing at the palace. “He’s right, Shadow. Let’s just go inside and do our job. And give the monkey some nunchaku, for crying out loud.”

“Okay, so we sneak up to the doorway. Then Alarra creates a diversion, and...” suddenly, dun-dun-DUUN stops explain the plan, and starts coughing up blood. Raiser B1ade pulls his katana out of the ninja’s lungs, and asks: “Who’s next?” The ninja remain silent, until Fleeing Coward suddenly screams, and runs away. “Wait!” shouts pingcode20, but the terrified ninja won’t stop running. The other ninja follow him, straight into the throne room, leaving a confused Raiser B1ade behind.

One of the emperor’s guards draws his katana and attacks Fleeing Coward. His ninja reflexes save him – he ducks, and Stu42’s blade hits Ezlo instead. The other ninja then burst into the room. Pingcode20 and Destro Yersul riddle Stu42 with shuriken, while Alarra heads for the wounded Emperor. She quickly ties his hands and feet together, and tries to carry him out of the throne room. Unfortunately, she hasn’t seen Castaras, who, with a swift stroke, decapitates Alarra.

“Ha, I have you now,” says Draken, holding his blade against Dr. Bath’s throat. “Please,” says the samurai, “I have dishonoured myself by letting you defeat me this easily. Let my die on my own blade.” “If you insist,” says the ninja, sheathing his blade. As Dr. Bath’s katana pierces his chest, Draken says: “Hey... that wasn’t... very... honourable...”

Lord Herman
2007-08-09, 03:46 PM
{table]Samurai|Actions
Akaziel|Air
alec|Fredricus
Case|Moon Called
Castaras|Alarra
DarkLightDragon|Timeout
Dr. Bath|Self
evnafets|Timeout
Ezlo|Fleeing Coward
Gezina|Atreyu
Ink|Self
Krursk|Vampiric
Lord Fullbladder|Moon Called
radikalskippy|Self
Raiser B1ade|dun-dun-DUUN
RocketBard|Timeout
Stu42|Fleeing Coward
Zar Peter|Atreyu
Ninja|Actions
Alarra|Ezlo
Atreyu|Case
Baboon Army|Air
Destro Yersul|Stu42
Draken|Dr. Bath
dun-dun-DUUN|Timeout
Fleing Coward|Self
Fredricus|Air
HyramGraff|Ink
Indurain|Case
Khaldan|Krursk
Moon Called|Air
Neodan282|Air
pingcode20|Stu42
PirateMonk|Self
Pwenet|DarkLightDragon
Shadow|Timeout
Vampiric|Zar Peter[/table]

Samurai
Akaziel
alec
Castaras
Dr. Bath
evnafets
Gezina
Ink
Lord Fullbladder
Raiser B1ade
RocketBard
Case
DarkLightDragon
Ezlo
Krursk
radikalskippy
Stu42
Zar Peter

Ninja
Baboon Army
Destro Yersul
Fleeing Coward
Indurain
Khaldan
Neodan282
pingcode20
Pwenet
Shadow
Alarra
Atreyu
Draken
dun-dun-DUUN
Fredricus
HyramGraff
Moon Called
PirateMonk
Vampiric

Please submit your actions before Saturday, 18:00 GMT.

Studoku
2007-08-09, 03:57 PM
Huh, aparently Fleeing Coward really does suicide in round one and it isn't some crazy reverse psychology.

2007-08-09, 05:28 PM
Are you telling me I actually survived action one? My god! It's a twice-inna-lifetime event! Let us party!

Vampiric
2007-08-09, 05:31 PM
Awww, i was cut down:smallfrown:, but not before I brought one of those stuck-up samurai down....:smallamused:

Nicely told, Lord_Herman, very funny:smallbiggrin:

I'd ask one of the ninja's to avenge me, but I believe Khaldan has already done so. So, just kill them all, Ninja!

(btw, who was the ninja in red? Fredricus?)

Pwenet
2007-08-09, 05:35 PM
Wait, I lived!

Now that is a shock.

Lord Herman
2007-08-09, 05:46 PM
(btw, who was the ninja in red? Fredricus?)

Oops, I forgot to actually name him in the story. Yes, it was Fredricus.

Khaldan
2007-08-09, 05:52 PM
I am STILL to die in round one.. someone kill me already

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-09, 06:08 PM
When will you people listen? I don't need to lie because you people are distrustful enough to try and shoot me despite the fact that I've not lied about my actions for the past 4 rounds.

Ezlo
2007-08-09, 07:32 PM
Hey! It just says I'm wounded! Am I actually dead? Or just can't move anymore so I'm "dead." Granted, the second one would make the rest of the story interesting. :smallbiggrin:

evnafets
2007-08-09, 07:48 PM
Your name is crossed out. Alarra targeted you this round.
So yeah, you're counted as dead. There are no "wounds" in this game.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-09, 08:14 PM
... but... I was only halfway through my back story! So, where was I? Ah yes, and then I found my blade, but it was in being used by the great and terrible half-oni Inuyasha. Oh, you've heard of him? Well, his sword was passed down from my family and stolen by Inuyasha's demon father....

:smallbiggrin:

Draken
2007-08-09, 08:15 PM
>_>

Dr. Bath you have no honor! Now you must commit seppuku in the next round.

PirateMonk's death was friggin hillarious.

Skippy
2007-08-09, 10:25 PM
Are you telling me that the first time no one targets me I die in the first round anyway? That's funny.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-09, 10:46 PM
DUDE!! Gez killed me! Wow! I think I'm the first person she's ever attacked. That has to be worth a medal!

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-10, 02:15 AM
Ezlo, you need to be captured alive to stop meatloaf day from happening which is why you're only "wounded" and why did you shoot me? I'm pro meatloaf day.

Fredricus
2007-08-10, 02:30 AM
the redshirt got shot

InaVegt
2007-08-10, 02:56 AM
DUDE!! Gez killed me! Wow! I think I'm the first person she's ever attacked. That has to be worth a medal!

Yeah, this was the first time I did not commit suicide or time out, I just decided a ninja llama would be worth the
shot.

Lord Herman
2007-08-10, 07:36 AM
Ezlo, you need to be captured alive to stop meatloaf day from happening which is why you're only "wounded"

Yes, that's why I wrote him as only being wounded. I considered killing him, but then the ninja wouldn't have any reason to stay, and all the samurai would have to commit seppuku.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-10, 07:52 AM
Shooting Self again, this time please just let me die in peace, I don't want to live.

Neodan282
2007-08-10, 10:11 AM
Nice, but how IS the llama the Grand masters nephew?

2007-08-10, 02:24 PM
The Grand Master doesn't like to talk about the many eccentricities of his brother.

Ezlo
2007-08-10, 04:14 PM
Ezlo, you need to be captured alive to stop meatloaf day from happening which is why you're only "wounded" and why did you shoot me? I'm pro meatloaf day.

I picked a random name out of a hat, along with an equal amount of "shoot me" and "shoot air." Seriously, that's how I decide what to do.:smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2007-08-11, 06:55 AM
That's got to be dangerous in traffic.

ACHTUNG!
I'm having dinner with my family tonight, so I won't be able to do any writing. The deadline stands, but the story will be up sometime tomorrow.

Lord Herman
2007-08-12, 03:54 AM
Writing now.

Krursk
2007-08-12, 06:26 AM
*waits to see if Khaldan ends up dead by Samurai-related vengeance*

Pwenet
2007-08-12, 08:34 AM
I'm going to be dead, simple as that.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-12, 08:52 AM
Not as dead as I'll be.

Lord Herman
2007-08-12, 09:22 AM
No... exactly as dead as you'll be.

Lord Herman
2007-08-12, 09:32 AM
“Vegota! Quickly, follow me to the throne room! The ninja are already there!” says Raiser B1ade. As the two samurai burst into the throne room, they see the messy result of the ninja attack. The corpses of radikalskippy, Stu42 and Castaras litter the floor, and the bound emperor lies among them, bleeding from a cut in his arm. Two samurai remain in the throne room – Akaziel and evnafets are guarding the emperor, while RocketBard has left to hunt down the remaining ninja. “Untie me,” the Emperor says. “No, my Emperor, we cannot do that,” says Gezinato Vegota. “We have failed to protect you, and must therefore take our own lives.” “No, wait, untie me first!” says the Emperor, but the four samurai have already committed seppuku. The Emperor sighs. “Bloody samurai. Next time I’ll hire some pirates to protect me.”

“I’m telling you, Peaceful Leaf, this won’t work! You see how he holds those nunchaku? Monkeys just aren’t cut out to be ninja!” “Ook!” “That’s right, Shadow. He’ll do fine. Besides, if monkeys can become samurai, then they can also become ninja.” “Hold on a minute, monkeys can’t become samurai!” “What’s that, then?” Peaceful Leaf says, pointing at the katana-wielding monkey that is walking past their hiding place. “What the... never mind, let’s get him!” says Shadow, leaping at the monkey. Alec jumps out of the way, and two other samurai, who were walking behind the monkey, attack the ninja. “Oh, crud,” says Peaceful Leaf, and he joins the fray. They are no match for the samurai, though, and Lord Fullbladder and RocketBard make short work of the ninja. “Eeeek!” screams alec, as he jumps at Baboon Army, swinging his katana. But the ninja monkey blocks the blade with the chain of his nunchaku, yanks it out of his enemy’s hands, and decapitates alec with his own katana.

In the palace courtyard, Dr. Bath is sitting against a tree, sleeping. Pingcode20 sneaks up on him. Out of his belt, he takes a small package. He leaves it at Dr. Bath’s feet, and sneaks away. A few minutes later, Dr. Bath wakes up. “Hey, what’s this?” he asks. Pingcode20 watches him from his hiding place, and sees him open the package. “Ugh!” says Dr. Bath, “who put all these snails in here? What kind of stupid joke is this?” “Snakes!” Pingcode20 mutters, “you stupid pet shop salesman person, I told you to put snakes in the package, not snails!” “Who’s there?” says Dr. Bath. “Uhm, nobody. Don’t mind me. I’m just the... erm... gardening ninja. Yes.” “Oh, okay.”

Ink has spotted another ninja. Destro Yersul has fled from the throne room, and runs right past him. The samurai trips him, and raises his katana to deliver the killing blow. “Wait!” says Destro Yersul. “Why?” asks Ink, lowering his blade. “So I can stab you,” says the ninja, sticking his dagger in Ink’s chest.

“So, what’s the plan?” asks Pwenet. “Well, you see,” says Indurain, “we’ve got these barrels of gunpowder.” “Yes, I can see that.” “We’ll spread them through the palace, and blow the whole place to smithereens.” “Uhm... are you sure that’s such a good idea?” “Why wouldn’t it be?” “Well, we are trying to capture the Emperor alive...” “He’s right, Indurain,” says Fleeing Coward. “Maybe this is not such a good idea after all. Maybe we should run just away, or something.” “Run away? Honour demands that...” “Wait, where’s my torch?” says Pwenet. “What?” “Where’s my torch? I brought a torch. Have you seen it?” “No, where did you last see it?” “Uhm... I had it with me when I found you guys, and then... oh, wait, I left it on that pile of barrels.” “What pile of... oh, crap.” Meanwhile, Pwenet’s torch has ignited the gunpowder, and with a huge explosion, the palace gates, an ornamental fountain, a bucket, and the three ninja are blown to bits.

Castaras is in the palace kitchens, baking a pie. It’s a very special pie – it contains gunpowder, lots of shuriken, and apples. Before long, a target presents itself. Khaldan sneaks into the kitchen, and seeing Castaras, draws two daggers. “Damnation! I have been discovered!” “Don’t worry,” says Castaras, “I won’t tell anyone you were here. Look, I’ve baked you a pie!” “Sorry, not hungry,” the ninja says, and stabs Castaras.

Lord Herman
2007-08-12, 09:33 AM
{table]Samurai|Action
Akaziel|Self
alec|Baboon Army
Castaras|Air
Dr. Bath|Timeout
evnafets|Self
Gezina|Self
Ink|Destro Yersul
Lord FUllbladder|Shadow
Raiser B1ade|Self
RocketBard|Neodan282
Ninja|Action
Baboon Army|Self
Destro Yersul|Self
Fleeing Coward|Self
Indurain|Self
Khaldan|Castaras
Neodan282|Air
pingcode20|Air
Pwenet|Self
Shadow|Air[/table]

Samurai
Dr. Bath
Lord Fullbladder
RocketBard
Akaziel
alec
Case
Castaras
DarkLightDragon
evnafets
Ezlo
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
Stu42
Zar Peter

Ninja
Baboon Army
Destro Yersul
Khaldan
pingcode20
Alarra
Atreyu
Draken
dun-dun-DUUN
Fleeing Coward
Fredricus
HyramGraff
Indurain
Moon Called
Neodan282
PirateMonk
Pwenet
Shadow
Vampiric

Please submit your actions before Monday, 18:00 GMT.

Raiser Blade
2007-08-12, 10:02 AM
arghh ummm... banzai? well at least i died honorably

Khaldan
2007-08-12, 10:36 AM
Why won't someon kill me already.. Looks like i'll have at least 8 actions by the end of this..
V: You'll never get me! BWAHAHAHA!

Castaras
2007-08-12, 10:37 AM
Damn! I knew I should have suicided!

Ah well. Khaldan, I will have my revenge...:smallamused:

Neodan282
2007-08-12, 12:23 PM
The Monkey-Ninja Talk was funny when it lasted,
"Ook"
“That’s right, Shadow. He’ll do fine. Besides, if monkeys can become samurai, then they can also become ninja.”
“Hold on a minute, monkeys can’t become samurai!”
“What’s that, then?”

Baboon Army
2007-08-12, 01:22 PM
Three "Ook!"s to Lord_Herman for great writing!

Lord Herman
2007-08-13, 08:37 AM
I still need over half your actions - don't forget to submit them!

ACHTUNG!

I've noticed I'm spending an awful lot of time on this game. Combined with the ...in the Playground contests I also run, I'm spending over half my evenings writing or drawing. In order to prevent my head from exploding, I'm going to slow down a bit.

Starting next game, each round will take three days instead of two, and two instead of one when there are only a few players left. The sign-ups will now take four days, giving you ample time to sign up. Reminder PMs will still be sent one day before each deadline.

Lord Herman
2007-08-13, 02:20 PM
“I can handle this monkey myself,” says RocketBard. “Okay,” says Lord Fullbladder, “I will go and search out the other ninja.” RocketBard raises his katana, and leaps at Baboon Army. The monkey jumps aside, and throws his nunchaku at the samurai’s head. “Ow! I’ll get you for that, you stupid little... now where’d he go?” Baboon Army has decided to run for it. RocketBard isn’t fast enough to catch the monkey, and Baboon Army quickly loses him in the maze of corridors.

Destro Yersul has returned to the throne room, where he meets up with pingcode20. “Come,” he says, “let’s drag the Emperor out of here. The samurai are scattered all over the palace, and shouldn’t give us any trouble.” Destro Yersul is about to lift the Emperor by his shoulders, as pingcode20 stops him. “Wait,” he says, “we may not touch the divine emperor!” “But how are we supposed to take him out of here if we can’t touch him?” “Maybe we can put a piece of cloth under him, and lift him with that. Or maybe...” “Hey,” says the Emperor, “don’t you know it’s rude to talk about someone in the third person when he’s standing... erm, lying right in front of you?” “Emperor!” pingcode20 shrieks. “Your highness, give us your guidance! Tell us how to kidnap you!” “What about cutting these ropes and letting me go?” “A thousand apologies, your highness, but don’t be such a wiseass.” “Okay... you could try carrying my throne with me on it.” “Good idea, Emperor.”

After his encounter with the gardening ninja, Dr. Bath has fallen asleep again. Khaldan sneaks up on him, leaves a pie at his feet, and lights the fuse. But as he tries to get away, he suddenly hears a loud clang, and finds his leg stuck in a large bear trap. “Crap!” he says, “Crap, crap, crap!” Unfortunately, that doesn’t help much – the pie explodes, piercing Khaldan and Dr. Bath with shuriken and apple pieces. Coming out of his hiding place, Lord Fullbladder immediately sees the flaw in his plan: “Hmm, maybe using one of my fellow samurai as bait wasn’t such a good idea after all.”

Lord Herman
2007-08-13, 02:21 PM
{table]Samurai|Action
Dr. Bath|Timeout
Lord Fullbladder|Khaldan
RocketBard|Timeout
Ninja|Action
Baboon Army|Air
Destro Yersul|Air
Khaldan|Dr. Bath
pingcode20|Air[/table]

Samurai
Lord Fullbladder
RocketBard
Akaziel
alec
Case
Castaras
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
Ezlo
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
Stu42
Zar Peter

Ninja
Baboon Army
Destro Yersul
pingcode20
Alarra
Atreyu
Draken
dun-dun-DUUN
Fleeing Coward
Fredricus
HyramGraff
Indurain
Khaldan
Moon Called
Neodan282
PirateMonk
Pwenet
Shadow
Vampiric

Please submit your actions before Tuesday, 18:00 GMT.

2007-08-13, 02:38 PM
What the hell is going on here? Why am I not dead? I keep trying to be dead, dammit!

Khaldan
2007-08-13, 03:28 PM
DAMN YOU FULLBLADDER!
I'm better now.

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 04:58 AM
What the hell is going on here? Why am I not dead? I keep trying to be dead, dammit!

I think you're doing it all wrong. You keep shooting other people. If a samurai tries to be dead, he usually tries this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku).

Krursk
2007-08-14, 05:24 AM
Ah, but if a RAFer wants to die, they shoot someone else and say they will shoot themselves. Because no-one will trust your word for it, and someone will shoot you. Ergo, you will die and take someone else with you. Possible someone else who wants to die.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-14, 06:39 AM
That isn't exactly true, I've been telling people I'm shooting myself for the past 3 rounds and they've believed me more times than they've decided to test if I was bluffing.

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 01:02 PM
It's 18:00 GMT, so it's about time I started writing.

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 01:55 PM
RocketBard has been running through the corridors of the palace for hours, but he still can’t find Baboon Army. Finally, he decides to go to the palace gates, and wait for the ninja to show up there. As he sits on a piece of what once was the ornamental fountain, a small man calls out to him from outside the palace. “Excuse me, my lord,” he says, “I am the pet shop salesman person of the pet shop down the street. I have come to apologise.” “Apologise?” RocketBard asks. “A man in the traditional attire of the ninja came by my shop, and asked me for a package of snakes. To my eternal shame, I misheard him, and gave him a package of snails instead. When I realised my shameful mistake, he had already entered the palace. As a humble commoner, I am forbidden to enter the palace, so I could not follow him. My lord, could you please take this package, and deliver it to the ninja called pingcode20?” “Of course, good man. But first, let me inspect the package.” “No, wait, my lord. The snakes in the package are very poisonous, and will... oh, never mind,” the pet shop salesman person says, as he sees the samurai writhing on the ground.

Destro Yersul and pingcode20 are carrying the Emperor on his throne through the corridors of the palace. Despite some problems with a few low ceilings that knock the Emperor off his throne, they make good progress, and they soon reach the palace courtyard. There, however, they are stopped by Lord Fullbladder. “So, you thought you could sneak the Emperor out of here, right from under the samurai’s noses?” “Uhm... yeah, I guess so,” says pingcode20. “You do not need to do this, ninja.” “I don’t?” “You can still return the Emperor and commit seppuku, and all will be forgiven.” “Well, you see, there’s the problem. We don’t really like committing seppuku.” “You don’t? How odd. Well, then I’m afraid we’re going to have to fight to the death. Defend yourself!” Lord Fullbladder says, drawing his katana. Still holding his side of the Emperor’s throne, pingcode20 draws a tanto, and blocks Fullbladder’s blow. With another stroke, the samurai knocks the blade out of pingcode20’s hand. He raises his weapon for the killing blow, but something stops him. He gasps, coughs up blood, and collapses. Baboon Army removes his katana from Fullbladder’s back, and then looks at the two ninja holding the Emperor’s throne. “Ook,” he says, pointing at the open gate.

Two weeks later, peace has returned to Japan. Emperor Ezlo is now emperor in name only, while the daimyos run the country. And three new daimyos have been appointed estates in the Empire of Japan – Daimyo Destro Yersul has received lands to the north of the capital city of Edo, Daimyo Pingcode20 now rules a large estate near Osaka, and a large patch of jungle has been granted to Daimyo Baboon Army. But most importantly, as their first order of business, the daimyos have abolished Meatloaf Day, and instituted a law that forbids the eating of meatloaf altogether.

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 01:57 PM
{table]Samurai|Action
Lord Fullbladder|Timeout
RocketBard|Timeout
Ninja|Action
Baboon Army|Lord Fullbladder
Destro Yersul|Air
pingcode20|Lord Fullbladder[/table]

All the samurai are dead - Lord Fullbladder has been shot by two ninja, and RocketBard has died of inactivity flu! That means that the ninja have won. Congratulations!

The medals and other awards will be posted shortly. I haven't decided on a theme for the next round yet, so any suggestions are welcome.

Castaras
2007-08-14, 01:58 PM
Gauls v Romans! Gauls v Romans! Gauls v Romans! Gauls v Romans! Gauls v Romans! :smallbiggrin:

Zar Peter
2007-08-14, 02:06 PM
Gauls v Romans! Gauls v Romans! Gauls v Romans! Gauls v Romans! Gauls v Romans! :smallbiggrin:

Seconded! :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 02:25 PM
The trophies:
{table]Trophy|Winner
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinBronze.png Winning team|Ninja
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinSilver.png Surviving winners|Baboon Army, Destro Yersul, pingcode20
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinGold.png Most wins|HyramGraff
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/RedSilver.png Most kills|Khaldan, Lord Fullbladder (3 kills)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/RedGold.png Most kills overall|Raiser B1ade (8 kills)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/GreenSilver.png Survival|Baboon Army, Destro Yersul, Lord Fullbladder, pingcode20, RocketBard
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/GreenGold.png Survival overall|pingcode20 (14 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlueSilver.png Pacifist|Baboon Army, Destro Yersul, Neodan282, pingcode20 (2 airshots)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlueGold.png Pacifist overall|pingcode20 (11 airshots)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/PurpleSilver.png Shot at most|Atreyu, Case, Dr. Bath, Fleeing Coward, Lord Fullbladder, Moon Called, Stu42 (2 times)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/PurpleGold.png Shot at most overall|Moon Called (7 times)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/YellowSilver.png Not shot at most|pingcode20, RocketBard (4 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/YellowGold.png Not shot at most overall|pingcode20 (15 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlackGold.png First round casualty|Tie between Fredricus and Moon Called
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/OrangeGold.png Most effective suicide|Three-way tie
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BrownGold.png Largest lynch mob|Tie between Moon Called and Akaziel
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/MagentaGold.png Longest chain of kills|Ink (7 kills)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/MagentaSilver.png Longest chain of kills|Gezina, Akaziel, Captain van der Decken, Atreyu, firepup, Raiser B1ade, Lord Fullbladder
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WhiteGold.png Sole survivor|Raiser B1ade (6 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/Participation1.png 1 round participation|
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/Participation2.png 2 round participation|
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/Participation3.png 3 round participation|
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/Participation4.png 4 round participation|
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/Participation5.png 5 round participation|[/table]

If you're not sure which trophies you've won, look here (http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Gallery/TeamRAF.html).

Baboon Army
2007-08-14, 02:34 PM
Wait a minute...where did I get a katana? And are there jungles in Japan?
...oh well, WE WON! :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 03:01 PM
I'm considering Romans versus Gauls, but it won't be based on Asterix. I don't like to work with themes that are inherenly humourous; I'd rather take a theme that is relatively serious, and parody that.

Wait a minute...where did I get a katana? And are there jungles in Japan?
...oh well, WE WON! :smallbiggrin:

You took alec's katana. And I'm not exactly sure if there are jungles in Japan, but the southern islands are semi-quasi-tropical, if I'm not mistaken. Wikipedia isn't very clear on the matter.

Vampiric
2007-08-14, 05:28 PM
Well, either way, I intend to sign up for the next one!

Khaldan
2007-08-14, 06:01 PM
Stupid question, but how would i make a banner to get all of my medals? I feel kinda stupid now..

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 06:26 PM
Easy way: go to the page with all the medals, press print screen, paste the screen capture to [insert your preferred image editing software here], and resize the image so it only shows your medals.

Hard way, but prettier: copy each medal individually to an empty image in [insert your preferred image editing software here]. Takes more time, but does get you a transparent background (if your image editing software support transparency, that is).

Baboon Army
2007-08-15, 12:00 AM
I think I should have a "four rounds participation" meadal.
unless I'm wrong...

pingcode20
2007-08-15, 02:54 AM
Talk about Freudian slip - Lord Herman can tell you I tried to shoot Khaldan not once, but twice this round!

Lord Herman
2007-08-15, 04:23 AM
unless I'm wrong...

You've participated in rounds three (superhero), four (pirate), and five (ninja). By my calculations, that should add up to three rounds.

edit: Hmm, those bronze cups are starting to pile up. Got to think of a solution for that...

another edit: Thought of a solution. Solution will be up soon.

yet another edit: Here's the solution: I've made a number of new trophies, that should reduce the total number of trophies each player has (while not reducing the total amount of shinyness). My apologies to pingcode20's chiropractor.

The new trophies can be found here (http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Gallery/TeamRAF.html).

Baboon Army
2007-08-15, 10:34 AM
unless I'm wrong...

I am sorry, you are right, and I was wrong.