PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 - astral construct question and aid other

animewatcha
2017-06-24, 02:30 AM
Assuming divine mind with the astral contruct acf. Is there a way to give the construct you manifest a feat you have ( outside the menu options )? Example, I want to give astral construct improved toughness.

I have seen different people post about aid other ( in this case astral contruct using aid other ). Some saying you have to be adjacent to the person you are aiding. Some say go into flanking position and then use aid other. Flanking usually ( there are exceptions ) means you are not adjacent to the person you are trying to aid. Do you have to be adjacent or can you be distance away? Please assume nothing else is modifying this like feats, class abilities, etc.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-06-24, 05:35 AM
In the case of attacks, you only need to be able to attack the target of the attack you are aiding. In general, I think it's the idea that you could make the same check you're aiding, so for Heal checks for instance, you must be able to touch the person you're healing.

Astral Constructs don't get feats from any menu options, but there's Buff (Improved Buff/Extra Buff) which adds 5 (15/30) extra hp. Improved Toughness is not a great pick for an astral construct, though.