PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Looking to make a Half breed of a yuki onna or snow woman

Arzul
2017-06-24, 07:57 AM
Hey guys, i am looking at making a half breed of a yuki onna which has an LA of 8 and i am looking to halve that to an LA of 4 and thinking of calling it a frozen half like the castlevania monster from sotn, i am looking at the book bastards and bloodlines as reference for this but need help. so what do you guys think ?

Zancloufer
2017-06-24, 09:05 AM
So I am going to assume the Yuki-Onna has stats akin to that front Frostburn as iirc that is the only place it appears in 3.5. Also it has a LA of +4 which is hilariously high even before it's 8 RHD. I would argue it's LA +0 on it's own, but for a Half-Breed template. . .

It's a [Cold] Fey creature which means Cold Immunity and Fire Vulnerability not to mention immunity to a few humanoid specific attacks. Stat adjustments of +2 Dex/Int, +4 Wis and +8 Cha. +4 Natural armour, Low-light Vision 1d10 cold damage on touch. On the offensive it can cause one person once per day to loose sense of direction, a Standard action Gaze attack that targets one person within 30ft with Hold Monster like effect and Disguise Self, Read Thoughts and Comprehend Languages.

Making this into a template? First just make the name Simple like Half-Yuki-Onna no need to be complicated.

Template would be applicable to any Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid Creature. Type Changes to Fey and they gain the Cold Sub-type, granting immunity to Cold but vulnerability to fire.

Gains +2 Dex, Int, Wis and +4 Cha.

Natural Armour of +2 or base creature which ever is higher.

Low-Light Vision if the base creature doesn't already have it.

Any natural or unarmed strike deals +1d6 Cold damage.

Bit hard to split up the SLAs, so I would probably go with a skill bonus of +4 to Disguise Self and Sense Motive and one bonus language of their choice.

LA +1. The goodies are nice and you should always have a LA on any template that isn't a side-grade but I don't see anything game breaking.

Arzul
2017-06-24, 10:27 AM
So I am going to assume the Yuki-Onna has stats akin to that front Frostburn as iirc that is the only place it appears in 3.5. Also it has a LA of +4 which is hilariously high even before it's 8 RHD. I would argue it's LA +0 on it's own, but for a Half-Breed template. . .

It's a [Cold] Fey creature which means Cold Immunity and Fire Vulnerability not to mention immunity to a few humanoid specific attacks. Stat adjustments of +2 Dex/Int, +4 Wis and +8 Cha. +4 Natural armour, Low-light Vision 1d10 cold damage on touch. On the offensive it can cause one person once per day to loose sense of direction, a Standard action Gaze attack that targets one person within 30ft with Hold Monster like effect and Disguise Self, Read Thoughts and Comprehend Languages.

Making this into a template? First just make the name Simple like Half-Yuki-Onna no need to be complicated.

Template would be applicable to any Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid Creature. Type Changes to Fey and they gain the Cold Sub-type, granting immunity to Cold but vulnerability to fire.

Gains +2 Dex, Int, Wis and +4 Cha.

Natural Armour of +2 or base creature which ever is higher.

Low-Light Vision if the base creature doesn't already have it.

Any natural or unarmed strike deals +1d6 Cold damage.

Bit hard to split up the SLAs, so I would probably go with a skill bonus of +4 to Disguise Self and Sense Motive and one bonus language of their choice.

LA +1. The goodies are nice and you should always have a LA on any template that isn't a side-grade but I don't see anything game breaking.

See i was pulling Yuki On-na from the Oriental Adventures book 3.5 page 200

Zancloufer
2017-06-24, 11:06 AM
See i was pulling Yuki On-na from the Oriental Adventures book 3.5 page 200

Well I feel dumb for not looking there first. Ofc a Monster from Japanese Lore would be in the Oriental Adventures book.

Hmm, let us see. Exact same stats as the one in Frostburn. Except it doesn't have a LA option.