PDA

View Full Version : Archer Stalker Questions

FabulousChester
2017-06-24, 12:58 PM
I'm writing up a fifth level Vanara stalker going into archery. While doing so, I had some growing concerns with the character.

Accuracy: I guess good Dex, appropriate weapons, and stalker ki powers will shore this up? I'm not too concerned with damage, due to deadly strikes and a higher multiplier.

Then there's playing the archer stalker. Do I mostly utilize martial strikes? Do I full attack, or should I only full attack when the maneuver boosts full attacks?

Rainshine
2017-06-24, 01:28 PM
Stalker Arts: You want Sniper's Tools and Murderous Insight. Beyond that is up to you -- the Crit ones aren't bad if you want to go fishing and can get something like Sniper's Goggles that allow you to use Deadly Strike from further away than 30'.
I recommend choosing either Solar Wind or Tempest Gale to focus on. Also want to sub out at least one of the melee schools for something better via traditions as well -- Silver Crane has some nice stances and counters, as well as several ranged options. Riven Hourglass has a couple absolute gems.
As for how you attack, that depends on your feat choices. Solar Wind has a good chunk of boosts that buff full attacks, and even though you're not full BAB, with with Rapid Shot, Manyshot, and possibly haste from Riven Hourglass, you can put together a decent volley: at L10, say, four arrows at full BAB -2, then another with your iterative, each arrow getting extra +3d6 from a boost, either 2d6 or 10 from stances... I ended up running a lot of boosts with a few maneuvers, mostly used either because of their rider effects (stun, blind, etc), or when I had to move during the round. Or when the target was a pain to hit and I'd miss most ranged attacks anyways. You'll find your own breakpoint but mine was around L7-8 when full attacks were generally more directly lethal.