PDA

View Full Version : Shopping list for a Bard of awesomeness

Greatthomas
2017-06-24, 03:35 PM
Playing a bard 6 lyric thaumaturge 4 going into sublime chord my race is human and im half-fey and phrenic got 150k to spend and i dont know what to buy

Barbarian Horde
2017-06-24, 04:10 PM
Circlet of Persuasion
Charisma Gear
Masterwork Instrument
Badge of Valor
Crystal Echoblade
Vest of legends
Harmonising Weapon if you didn't go with lingering song feat
Goggles of the Golden Sun Cast pyrotechnics everywhere you walk
Eternal Wands of Pyrotechnics should be 4,420 gp
Rod of many wands.. cast three wands of pyrotechnics at once?
hat of disguise
Resistance Items
Some escape items like anklets of translocation or vest of free movement
Rod of Splendor Keep in mind same type bonus so you don't stack same bonus coming from another location
Twilight enchantment to reduce casting penalty if you go with mithril shirt +1 bonus. -10% chance on casting failure
Hire a bunch bards to comment on how great you are in game as they praise you from dawn till dusk.
Hire more bards to play along with you during combat, lead singer, bass, lead guitarist, harp, violin, drummer, what ever you want. Start up your band.

Greatthomas
2017-06-24, 04:25 PM
Lol man thanks for the item list ill check most of it out and the band idea i like it i dont think my DM will let me but i like it

noob
2017-06-24, 05:00 PM
Go around without equipment to show you are so awesome you can do without?

tiercel
2017-06-24, 05:10 PM
Don't need twilight property on the armor, since bardic and sublime chord casting both have no ASF in light armor.

As armor goes, I quite like the MIC's mithralmist shirt. Don't forget an augment crystal... if you are primarily hanging back and buffing/casting, crystal of arrow deflection is quite nice especially for its low price.

Crystal echoblade is fine, but if you have limited bard levels and are staying out of melee anyway, don't worry about that too much.

Make sure to shop for some useful low level scrolls (even a wand or three); you do have UMD maxed, right?
You pretty much can't go wrong with wands of Lesser Vigor and Resurgence (and off your own class list, a wand of Inspirational Boost saves you spell slots for other things). You will want a Handy Haversack to keep everything in, to boot.

Greatthomas
2017-06-24, 05:41 PM
yea i have umd max so im gonna get some wands but i wanted some suggestions on the big stuff 150k is alot of gold for me my max character has been 14-15 and i never really bought anything just lived off loot

noob
2017-06-24, 05:45 PM
Maybe plan to buy death ward and freedom of movement(and see invisible) and other buffs you would like to see going after you are hit by a disjunction?

Greatthomas
2017-06-24, 06:55 PM
anymore ideas for items that are great for a bard