PDA

View Full Version : I need Advice on magic items

Stryyke
2017-06-25, 10:53 AM
I have 17000 gp to spend. 3.5 with first party sources. Third party sources as long as the item isn't op or exploitable. I am a cleric of Fharlanghn. I have Travel and Healing domains. Ecl 9.

I've never done a healer/cleric before, so I'm not sure what is considered essential.

Gildedragon
2017-06-25, 11:10 AM
Boots of the unending journey?

Kayblis
2017-06-25, 12:04 PM
The usual +2 stat item is always a good purchase. Boots of the Unending Journey are cool fluff-wise. Most other things depend on what you do.

How do you play your character? A melee-focused cleric or backrow healer? Any use for your Turn attempts?

As a Cleric, you can cast Greater Resistance for a 24h +3 to saves everyday, so no need for Capes of Resistance. Also, Healing Domain is absolute garbage, sorry to say that. It gives you +1 HP[capped] per spell other than Heal(that usually overheals anyways, and if you're at the point Heal doesn't take you to full HP, you're probably capped at that too). Also, the spells it gives you not only already exist on your list, but you can convert other spells into those, so their taking of a domain slot is useless. If you can change it, I suggest so. Trickery is a great domain, and so are Nature, Spell and Planning.

Deeds
2017-06-25, 01:14 PM
What kind of cleric build do you have or what's your job during combat? Clerics can do a variety of things such as melee with the spell Divine Power, ranged with the Zen Archery feat, or primary buffer/spellslinger with spells.

Regardless of your build, I'm fond of the Anklet of Translocation from Magic Item Compendium for 1400 gold. They're great for escaping grapples and utility options for movement. Heward's Handy Haversack from Dungeon Master's guide is excellent. With 17,000 gold you could pick up 2 to 5 pearls of power level 1 so you can get back your level 1 spells. A wand of lesser vigor costs 750 gold, heals 11 HP per charge, and with 50 charges that's 550 HP you can distribute to your allies without taxing your spells.

Stryyke
2017-06-25, 01:25 PM
I'm an Ogre, so imagine front line fighter with some healing.