PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Paladin/Mystic?

sir_argo
2017-06-25, 03:19 PM
I am in a campaign that is only expected to go to level 8. I'm not really impressed with level 7 and 8 for paladin, so I was considering multi-classing to something else for those last two levels. The actual criteria for this optimization request is that I would want something useful early. If it comes online only at 6/2, I'd only get to use it for one adventure. If it comes online at 6/1, I'd get a couple more adventures with it.

After looking over Sorcerer and Warlock, I discovered (yeah, discovered. I had never read the class prior) Mystic and I think it fits the bill because you get some abilities right off that bat (1st level).

Variant Human, STR 16, DEX 14, CON 16, INT 13, WIS 14, CHA 16. Feats: Sentinel and Shield Master. My initial thought is to go Immortal and take the disciplines of Giant Growth, Brute Force, and Mastery of Light and Darkness. I don't claim to know what I'm doing with Mystic so there may very well be better choices.

For my specific situation, would mystic be a better fit than Sorcerer or Warlock?

If Mystic is a good fit, are there better choices for disciplines?

furby076
2017-06-25, 09:32 PM
With sentinal? Occluded mind is a great power