PDA

View Full Version : Help with dealing non-lethal damage

Meepwizard
2017-06-25, 10:08 PM
I'm playing a 5e game where we've made an updated version of a couple of the book of exalted deeds feats and one of them is the vow of peace; I'm looking to increase my maximum amount of non-lethal damage; please assume that I know just about nothing when writing your answer(this is my second campaign) so please tell me what classes, abilities, etc... you can think of to help; any help is appreciated

RakiReborn
2017-06-26, 12:58 AM
Phb 198 says that you can choose to deal non-lethal damage on any melee attack (weapon or spell),so any build that relies on melee attacks would work.

hymer
2017-06-26, 03:46 AM
I'm playing a 5e game where we've made an updated version of a couple of the book of exalted deeds feats and one of them is the vow of peace; I'm looking to increase my maximum amount of non-lethal damage; please assume that I know just about nothing when writing your answer(this is my second campaign) so please tell me what classes, abilities, etc... you can think of to help; any help is appreciated

In 5e, non-lethal damage is only relevant in the last blow delivered, as mentioned above. There isn't a separate pool of damage that is non-lethal as there is in 3.5.

Coffee_Dragon
2017-06-26, 05:58 AM
If your DM cooperates you can fluff your character as being in one of those 90s shows like Adventures of Sinbad where everyone carried a sword but never used them to draw blood. HPs are all abstract until you dispatch someone with a kick or with the flat of your blade.

That said, I'm not sure going about dishing out non-lethal damage meets my expectations for a vow of peace.

Unoriginal
2017-06-26, 06:16 AM

As many have said, all melee attacks can be made non-lethal.

The Book of Exalted Deeds is a mess, though.