PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: The Last Knight

MikelaC1
2017-06-26, 09:18 AM
Ive been waiting to see a thread filled with people saying just how awful this movie is. Is it possible that it is so awful that no one on the forum is going...or just wont admit they did for fear of being mocked?

Starbuck_II
2017-06-26, 09:25 AM
I am seeing it Tuesday, don't like that Optimus is evil (or a look alike?), but hopeful it will be good.

BWR
2017-06-26, 04:25 PM
We watched the first TF movie in the theaters and apart from Peter Cullen's voice, felt it was a disappointment.
We watched the second in the theaters and apart from Cullen's voice felt it was more of a disappointment.
That's the last we've bothered to watch, and by all accounts we aren't missing anything.

Aotrs Commander
2017-06-26, 05:04 PM
The Nostalgia Critic said, because he felt a obliged to do something for the new movie (because the review of the first one was basically the first one he did) but also did not want to support the dreck being produced ("it doesn't matter if people hate it, they'll see it anyway" or something as quoted by Bay or some such), said he was going to do a reveiw without watching it, feeling confident enough in the formulaicness that he could predict it from the prior movies. He said he also hoped that he was going to be proven wrong.

The comments from people that had watched it said that apparently he was extremely close to the mark.

I think that is about all the really needs to be said, really.

Bartmanhomer
2017-06-26, 06:30 PM
I saw Transformers: The Last Knight on Saturday in IMAX 3D and honestly it was great. The only thing that I didn't like it was the Discontinuation of Galvatron and the revival of Megatron. Don't get me wrong I like Megatron and all but I really want to see more of Galvatron in Transformers The Last Knight. Anyway there was so much action and excitement. Great visual effect. Great storyline and everything. I would rate this movie 5 out of 5 stars.

joggler45
2017-06-27, 03:45 AM
Saw it and little disappointed with actions.

Metahuman1
2017-06-27, 04:37 AM
Well, it's apparently under preforming related to it's predecessor's. I hope that continues, and that that under performance makes them drop the movies for awhile.

lt_murgen
2017-06-27, 07:08 AM
I saw the first one, and liked it.
I saw the second one, and thought something was a bit off with the story.
I waited until it was on a free weekend to see the third one, and realized that Michael Bey was trolling us.

I have read reviews and (attempts) to explain the plot for the latest one, and absolutely refuse to see it.

Fri
2017-06-28, 01:27 AM
On the other hands, my friend specifically watched it because how utterly absolutely insane the premise and summary is, and after reading his own summary, I must agree that it's just incredible in its insanity.

I mean, merlin made a deal with transformers in the past to have their spaceship turn into a three headed dragon to help fight the saxons?

Bug**** insanity.

Starbuck_II
2017-06-28, 10:22 AM
On the other hands, my friend specifically watched it because how utterly absolutely insane the premise and summary is, and after reading his own summary, I must agree that it's just incredible in its insanity.

I mean, merlin made a deal with transformers in the past to have their spaceship turn into a three headed dragon to help fight the saxons?

Bug**** insanity.
Actually, the dragon was a combination of bots. Apparently multiple of these transformers can merge unto a dragon. The dragon was pretty sweet.

Merlin was such a drunken lout that I totally laughed. At first I wasn't sure he knew what he was doing.
I like the new bots they introduced.

I didn't like Optimus mind controlled, but at least he didn't kill any of the main team.

Finback
2017-06-29, 03:05 AM
Saw it last night, and enjoyed it greatly (am a huge TF fan). Yes, there are always parts that could have been excised to make it shorter and more to the point - welcome to Bay films. There's a lot of in-universe mythology continued (eg the damaged pyramid from Revenge of the Fallen, the Chicago war from Dark of the Moon), as well as a lot of reinterpretation of existing TF mythohistory, like Quintessa (who is a version of Quintus Prime).

Lots of weird tossed-in stuff that is literally just there for screen moments - like the bucket digger TF in the junkyard, and stuff that is tossed out without reason - like HMS Alliance being a TF is barely even mentioned. And where are the Dinobots for the big end fight? And wasted opportunity with Cogman's 'master tech.

But I think the one thing this one did better than any of the others? *COMEDY*. No "pissing on a human". No wacky pseudo-racial archetypes* - jokes like the 'cons being released were done as proper jokes that worked well in the scripting. Some of Hopkins' lines are a bit forced, but played as "doddering old man who might possibly be a bit unhinged by a life with robots" kind of compensates.

A friend proposed that in this film series, it's the odd numbered ones that are decent, and it holds true.

Post-script - "He killed Hitler" - CHAMPAGNE. COMEDY.

* Drift isn't horribly done, and Hot Rod is rather understated.

joggler45
2017-06-29, 03:53 AM
But I think the one thing this one did better than any of the others? *COMEDY*. No "pissing on a human". No wacky pseudo-racial archetypes* - jokes like the 'cons being released were done as proper jokes that worked well in the scripting. Some of Hopkins' lines are a bit forced, but played as "doddering old man who might possibly be a bit unhinged by a life with robots" kind of compensates.

Yeah, they made these comedy scenes way better.

Bartmanhomer
2017-06-29, 07:29 AM
Saw it last night, and enjoyed it greatly (am a huge TF fan). Yes, there are always parts that could have been excised to make it shorter and more to the point - welcome to Bay films. There's a lot of in-universe mythology continued (eg the damaged pyramid from Revenge of the Fallen, the Chicago war from Dark of the Moon), as well as a lot of reinterpretation of existing TF mythohistory, like Quintessa (who is a version of Quintus Prime).

Lots of weird tossed-in stuff that is literally just there for screen moments - like the bucket digger TF in the junkyard, and stuff that is tossed out without reason - like HMS Alliance being a TF is barely even mentioned. And where are the Dinobots for the big end fight? And wasted opportunity with Cogman's 'master tech.

A friend proposed that in this film series, it's the odd numbered ones that are decent, and it holds true.

Post-script - "He killed Hitler" - CHAMPAGNE. COMEDY.

* Drift isn't horribly done, and Hot Rod is rather understated.

Wait, Quintus Prime? I've never heard of that Prime before and I'm also a Transformers Fan. :eek:

Finback
2017-06-29, 08:35 AM
Wait, Quintus Prime? I've never heard of that Prime before and I'm also a Transformers Fan. :eek:

Via the Aligned continuity, which stemmed from the films - the Thirteen Primes they mentioned in prior films got expanded upon in other media, such as the Transformers: Prime cartoon.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Thirteen

joggler45
2017-06-30, 02:15 AM
Via the Aligned continuity, which stemmed from the films - the Thirteen Primes they mentioned in prior films got expanded upon in other media, such as the Transformers: Prime cartoon.

Interesting! I know there are other Prime but didn't know they are 13 and their characteristics.

Bartmanhomer
2017-06-30, 11:12 AM

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Thirteen

Wow! That's so incredible. :smile:

An Enemy Spy
2017-06-30, 12:39 PM
I liked the first Transformers movie(though calling it good would be a stretch), but the second one with it's leg/dog humping, racial stereotyping, scrotum swinging, awfulness made me decide I was never going to watch one of these movies ever again. From what I've heard and seen of them, I think that was a good choice.

Finback
2017-07-03, 01:36 AM
I liked the first Transformers movie(though calling it good would be a stretch), but the second one with it's leg/dog humping, racial stereotyping, scrotum swinging, awfulness made me decide I was never going to watch one of these movies ever again. From what I've heard and seen of them, I think that was a good choice.

That's why I think this one is much better, there is nothing like that. There is some simple humour, like the Dinobabies setting fire to things, but no, nothing like what you mention above.

Finback
2017-07-03, 01:53 AM
Wow! That's so incredible. :smile:

It does vary from universe to universe as to who the Thirteen are. The recent IDW comics are tapping into this a lot - they've just had a storyline where their version of Loki* has been released from the city-Titan Carcer, and the Liege Maximo is up to no good at all.

TFs actually have a pretty diverse and interesting mythology, plus factor in all their divergent universes.. it's on par with the universes/elseworlds from Marvel and DC. Hell, it even *intersects* with them.

* http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/4/48/TFPLiegeMaximo.jpg

Amy204
2017-07-03, 03:23 AM
I saw the movie during the weekend and it was not that bad, actually. Optimus is really good in it! However, I would like them to do a reboot of the franchise and show us cybertron only. No humans etc, only Autobots and Deceptions. I'd love that...