PDA

View Full Version : Becoming Immune to Daze

Mad Wizard
2007-08-05, 08:13 PM
What spells, feats, and abilities make you immune to being dazed, and what books are they from? I want to have a Celerity spell with no drawbacks :smallbiggrin:.

tarbrush
2007-08-05, 08:17 PM
There's a dragonmarked feat in Dragonmarked that does it, and a Paladin spell, which I believe is called Favour of the Martyr. Or something of the Martyr.

It's a recipe for making your DM hate you, or for facing innumerable dragonmarked paladins.

Mad Wizard
2007-08-05, 08:54 PM
Thank you. Are there any prerequisites for the Dragonmark?

Rachel Lorelei
2007-08-05, 09:06 PM
You need a true dragonmark to take Mark of the Dauntless, and it stops you from ever being dazed or stunned, plus it lets you expend dragonmark uses to remove those conditions in others.

Darrin
2007-08-05, 10:04 PM
What spells, feats, and abilities make you immune to being dazed, and what books are they from? I want to have a Celerity spell with no drawbacks :smallbiggrin:.

Iron Heart Surge would get rid of Daze as a standard action (Tome of Battle, level 3 Iron Heart maneuver). It would also get rid of any other adverse condition, including any area effect spells with a duration greater than 1 round.

Amphimir Míriel
2007-08-05, 10:06 PM
...I want to have a Celerity spell with no drawbacks :smallbiggrin:.

You deserve a smackdown from your DM :smallwink:

No, really... you want to use what is possibly one of the most broken spells in the game, and you want to remove its only drawback?? (and even then, its not much of a drawback)

Rachel Lorelei
2007-08-05, 10:08 PM
Iron Heart Surge would get rid of Daze as a standard action (Tome of Battle, level 3 Iron Heart maneuver). It would also get rid of any other adverse condition, including any area effect spells with a duration greater than 1 round.

But you can't use Iron Heart Surge while dazed, since you can't take any actions!

Douglas
2007-08-05, 10:08 PM
Just one problem - you have to be able to act to use that, and dazed creatures don't get actions.

Dausuul
2007-08-06, 07:35 AM
But you can't use Iron Heart Surge while dazed, since you can't take any actions!

To say nothing of the fact that giving up a standard action to get rid of a 1-round daze effect is... not as productive as it might be.

Saph
2007-08-06, 08:50 AM
You deserve a smackdown from your DM :smallwink:

No, really... you want to use what is possibly one of the most broken spells in the game, and you want to remove its only drawback?? (and even then, its not much of a drawback)

Yeah. Assuming you aren't playing in a complete munchkin game, expect major consequences. Either obvious (NO you can't do it, get real), or in-game (every monster you face now gets two actions a round to compensate).

- Saph

Were-Sandwich
2007-08-06, 08:58 AM
Can 'forged be dazed? If not, I'm playing a warforged wizard with Born of Three Thunders and clerity spells.

artaxerxes
2007-08-06, 10:23 AM
No clue if this affects Celerity.

Lords of Madness, p 181

Quick Recovery
It's hard to keep you down for long. You have a talent for shaking off effects that leave others unable to act.
Benefit Whenever you begin your turn stunned or dazed you can make a new saving throw at the original DC of the effect that stunned or dazed youin an attempt to recover. Recovering from being stunned or dazed in this way is a move action. If the effect that caused you to become stunned or dazed did not allow a saving throw, you can recover by succeding on a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 level of originator of the effect + relevant ability modifier, or Cha modifier if there is not an obvious ability linked to the effect).
Normal You are stunned or dazed as long as the effect calls for and do not have an opportunity to recover early.

Starbuck_II
2007-08-06, 01:14 PM

I only know of the Goggles in Magic Item Comprehendruim that are set items I believe work.

Douglas
2007-08-06, 01:31 PM
The goggles you mentioned give immunity to dazzling (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#dazzled), not dazing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#dazed). While this may occasionally be useful, it is nowhere near as powerful as what this thread is discussing.

brian c
2007-08-06, 02:09 PM

Lords of Madness, p 181

Quick Recovery
It's hard to keep you down for long. You have a talent for shaking off effects that leave others unable to act.
Benefit Whenever you begin your turn stunned or dazed you can make a new saving throw at the original DC of the effect that stunned or dazed youin an attempt to recover. Recovering from being stunned or dazed in this way is a move action. If the effect that caused you to become stunned or dazed did not allow a saving throw, you can recover by succeding on a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 level of originator of the effect + relevant ability modifier, or Cha modifier if there is not an obvious ability linked to the effect).
Normal You are stunned or dazed as long as the effect calls for and do not have an opportunity to recover early.

I suppose that does work, in the second case. You need to pass a will save at 10+half your level+your Int mod, so in other words higher than your save DCs usually are.

Person_Man
2007-08-06, 03:30 PM
Quick Recovery works. Though any DM which allows Celerity without the round of Daze afterwards must be running a very high powered campaign. Or he's an idiot.

Also remember the Golden Rule of D&D. If your PC's try something insanely powerful, assume that they want to fight enemies with the same or better abilities.

The Gilded Duke
2007-08-06, 03:51 PM
Ooooo... Wilder with Mark of the Dauntless. Effectivley permanant increase to caster level and free Metapsionics. Awesome.

Ramza00
2007-08-06, 04:50 PM
Ooooo... Wilder with Mark of the Dauntless. Effectivley permanant increase to caster level and free Metapsionics. Awesome.

You will still lose power points for envenerating. Plus have only a few powers known. That said it is still a very good option.

taigen
2008-03-31, 03:10 PM
What about freedom of movement? Dazed makes you 'unable to act normally' and freedom of movement allows you to 'move and attack normally for the duration of the spell, even under the imfluence of magic that usually impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow, and web.'

I think its pretty clear that dazed is solidly covered under such an effect, and is only one (semi expensive) ring away.

-Taigen

Frosty
2008-03-31, 03:13 PM
FoM works only under very specific circumstances. It is not a panacea.

BardicDuelist
2008-03-31, 03:19 PM

Lords of Madness, p 181

Quick Recovery

Anyone playing a Sorcerer or Bard with a spare feat slot? Anyone wanting to play one with Spellfire wielder for free spell absorbtion?

Frosty
2008-03-31, 03:26 PM
Third Eye: clarity from the MiC allows you to shake off a daze/stun once per day as an immediate action. Luckily, this doesn't work with celerity due to when actions refresh.

taigen
2008-03-31, 03:33 PM

How do you back up that? Celerity is 'Magic that usually impedes movement' since dazed prevents you from acting.. and thus prevents you from 'moveing and attacking normally'. If you are refering the the 'such as' part, those are examples, 'such as' does not imply that these are the only effects covered by the spell. I don't think anything can be clearer then the definition of dazed... since it is 'unable to act normally', it definately falls under the protection offered by Freedom of Movement.

-Taigen

sikyon
2008-03-31, 03:37 PM

You've actually provided no evidence here to support your claim (Though I agree, as FoM stops things from impeding movement/attacks, not taking actions).

Fighteer
2008-03-31, 03:42 PM
How do you back up that? Celerity is 'Magic that usually impedes movement' since dazed prevents you from acting.. and thus prevents you from 'moveing and attacking normally'. If you are refering the the 'such as' part, those are examples, 'such as' does not imply that these are the only effects covered by the spell. I don't think anything can be clearer then the definition of dazed... since it is 'unable to act normally', it definately falls under the protection offered by Freedom of Movement.
By that definition, FoM protects you against death, petrification, and just about every other negative status condition. Where do you draw the line?

Frosty
2008-03-31, 03:43 PM
I never claim to have presented evidence. Mostly because I don't have the book in front of me right now. I just know that it does nothing against stun/daze/sickened, etc. Hell, it doesn't even do anything against Slow I don't believe.

The_Snark
2008-03-31, 03:45 PM

-Taigen

It doesn't specifically mention dazing. If you interpret Freedom of Movement as protecting against anything that impedes your movement at all, it becomes much more powerful. You could use the same rationale to argue that it would protect you from fear effects or Dominates since they prevent you from acting normally—or against Finger of Death, since being dead certainly prevents you from moving.

It helps against a set list of effects, such as being held, grappled, or entangled. Dazing is a mental effect, though, and Freedom of Movement usually doesn't do anything about those (with the exception of the Hold spells, which leave your mind completely aware but unable to move your body).

I'll note that while Quick Recovery is a high-powered option, Celerity in general is high-powered, and it's much less broken than Mark of the Dauntless, since you're having to save against your own save DCs.

Emperor Tippy
2008-03-31, 03:54 PM
As written and by RAW Freedom of Movement allows you to move or attack while dazed.

This spell enables you or a creature you touch to move and attack normally for the duration of the spell, even under the influence of magic that usually impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow, and web. The subject automatically succeeds on any grapple check made to resist a grapple attempt, as well as on grapple checks or Escape Artist checks made to escape a grapple or a pin.

The spell also allows the subject to move and attack normally while underwater, even with slashing weapons such as axes and swords or with bludgeoning weapons such as flails, hammers, and maces, provided that the weapon is wielded in the hand rather than hurled. The freedom of movement spell does not, however, allow water breathing.

The spell is quite clear and direct. Under no circumstances can a creature under the effects of Freedom of Movement be stopped from moving normally or attacking. If dazed you still can't cast a spell (its not moving or attacking) but you can run away or attack with a sword.

It has no effect on dominate because of how dominate works. It doesn't stop you from moving or attacking normally, it just makes it so you don't want to move or attack (if thats what the caster ordered).

A dead character can't benefit from FoM because they cease to be a valid target for FoM as soon as they die (corpses are objects, not creatures).

Reel On, Love
2008-03-31, 03:59 PM
As written and by RAW Freedom of Movement allows you to move or attack while dazed.
Oh, c'mon, tippy. It allows you to move normally. That is, by taking actions to do so. Dazing prevents you from taking the actions; you could still move. Not having a move action (or any action) because you're dazed is no different from not having a move action because you already used your actions.
Preventing someone from moving by denying them actions is like preventing them from moving by Dominating them and telling them not to.

taigen
2008-03-31, 04:31 PM
Paralyzed also takes away your actions, in fact the only difference between paralyzed and dazed is paralyzed messes with your AC. Paralyzed is 'frozen in place and unable to move or act' and dazed is 'Unable to act normally. A dazed character can take no actions but has no penalty to AC". Both are very clearly effects that freedom of movement would apply, just dazed didn't make it as one of the examples.

If cure light wounds were stated like 'This spell heals1d8(etc) hit points of damage, such as damage caused by a longsword'.. would you say the spell didn't work against maces? Such as never implys that the examples are the only way the spell works, you still have to read the rest of the description.

-Taigen

Person_Man
2008-03-31, 04:34 PM
This is why I ban Celerity. And I allow almost everything.

Crow
2008-03-31, 05:17 PM
The OP is looking for ways to make this work in-game that a DM may actually allow (even if they shouldn't). Stop trying to use RAWtard rules interpritation to justify it. By the reading of some, Freedom of Movement would negate the effects of death, which by their reading, gives no ill effects anyways.

The dragonmarked one works, and the LoM one works if you can make the save.

FinalJustice
2008-03-31, 05:29 PM
Take quick recovery, Will Save for spellcasters is not really hard, just moderately annoying. But, the DC scales with your own and it takes a move action to shrug off the daze. It's still cheese at its most. =D

(In a really high powered epic game I made a gish and made myself a item of permanent Favour of the Martyr. Expensive, but FUN >D)

BardicDuelist
2008-03-31, 10:03 PM
This is why I ban Celerity. And I allow almost everything.

I would almost always assume that if PersonMan bans it, it is broken. He's the one that called Frozen Dwarf Hulk Smash (his own creation) "low-powered".

taigen
2008-03-31, 10:52 PM
The OP is looking for ways to make this work in-game that a DM may actually allow (even if they shouldn't). Stop trying to use RAWtard rules interpritation to justify it. By the reading of some, Freedom of Movement would negate the effects of death, which by their reading, gives no ill effects anyways.

The dragonmarked one works, and the LoM one works if you can make the save.

The freedom of movement requires no 'raw' tweaking.. it does exactly what it says just as much as any other spell does. Case in point, Limited Wish says it can undo the harmful effects of many spells, such as geas/quest or insanity. By the way some of you are reading it, then those are the only spells that it works on? No, its 2 examples of 'harmful effects'.. just like Paralysis, solid fog, slow, and web are examples of 'magic that usually impedes movement'.

Also, as for your claim about freedom of movement protecting you from death, etc., you obviously haven't taken the time to carefully read the spell.

Lets do 2 cases where freedom of movement won't work: Finger of death, HP damage, or any other form of death won't work because death is not a 'magic that usually impedes movement'... its just death.

Flesh to Stone: Also not going to work, because the spell itself isn't stopping you from moveing... the fact that your an inert piece of rock is.

Hold Person: Yes this works, even though its mind effecting cause its still a magic effect that stops you from moveing and attacking normally.

Daze: Also a mind effecting spell that produces a very similar effect to paralysis... which is what examples are for.. to illustrate the kind of effects to consider then ajudicateing the spell. Other than being weaker, can someone tell me the difference between Daze and Hold?

Its always up to the GM, but Freedom of Movement has a very strong case for it, and more that just for RAW freaks.

Reel On, Love
2008-03-31, 11:00 PM
Daze: Also a mind effecting spell that produces a very similar effect to paralysis... which is what examples are for.. to illustrate the kind of effects to consider then ajudicateing the spell. Other than being weaker, can someone tell me the difference between Daze and Hold?

Daze is NOT mind-affecting. It even works on undead.
The key difference is that Hold Person paralyzes you, it doesn't deny you actions. A Held psion, for example, can manifest whatever he wants, because he can still take standard actions--he just can't *move*.
A Dazed character can't take any actions (except the basics of defending himself, i.e. doesn't become flatfooted). The problem isn't that you can't move, it's that you can't make yourself do anything.

Skjaldbakka
2008-03-31, 11:37 PM
Has anyone said "say no to cheese" yet?

edit- not as such, so "Say 'NO' to Cheese!"

Emperor Tippy
2008-03-31, 11:40 PM
Has anyone said "say no to cheese" yet?
The OP wants a way to negate daze so that he can abuse celerity. Its the very definition of cheese.

taigen
2008-03-31, 11:41 PM
Daze is NOT mind-affecting. It even works on undead.
The key difference is that Hold Person paralyzes you, it doesn't deny you actions. A Held psion, for example, can manifest whatever he wants, because he can still take standard actions--he just can't *move*.
A Dazed character can't take any actions (except the basics of defending himself, i.e. doesn't become flatfooted). The problem isn't that you can't move, it's that you can't make yourself do anything.

PHB 217:
Daze Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind Effecting]

This enchantment clouds the mind of a humanoid creature ... so that it takes no actions.

PHB: 241
Hold Person Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind Effecting]

The subject becomes paralyzed and freezes in place. It is aware and breathes but cannot take any actions, even speech.

Anything else need cleared up?

Now the /state/ daze or paralyze do not have to be mind effecting... but both are still very similar effects and both are prevented by FoM by its wording and intent.

Reel On, Love
2008-03-31, 11:45 PM
PHB 217:
Daze Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind Effecting]

This enchantment clouds the mind of a humanoid creature ... so that it takes no actions.

PHB: 241
Hold Person (Compulsion) [Mind Effecting]

The subject becomes paralyzed and freezes in place. It is aware and breathes but cannot take any actions, even speech.

Anything else need cleared up?

The thread is talking abbout the dazed condition (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#dazed).

The Hold Person spell imposes the Paralysis condition, which Freedom of Movement explicitly counters, and which *does not* prevent mental actions (so a psion could still manifest). The description text doesn't take that into account.
You could argue that it imposes Paralysis *and also* prevents *any* actions on top of that, I guess. In that case, freedom of movement would not counter hold person (since it would only get rid of the Paralyzed condition).

The Daze *spell* would in fact not be countered by Freedom of Movement, since it just makes the creature *do nothing*.
There is a difference between action loss and movement restriction.

If it was viable to interpret FoM as preventing the Dazed condition, the CharOp boards would've been all over it a long time ago.

taigen
2008-03-31, 11:50 PM
How is a spell that makes you do nothing not a 'magic that usually impedes movement'?

Daze is a momentary confusion that lets you do nothing... hold person is a compulsion to do absolutely nothing other then think I guess.. both are 'magic that usually impedes movement'

-Taigen

Reel On, Love
2008-03-31, 11:52 PM
How is a spell that makes you do nothing not a 'magic that usually impedes movement'?

Daze is a momentary confusion that lets you do nothing... hold person is a compulsion to do absolutely nothing other then think I guess.. both are 'magic that usually impedes movement'

-Taigen

They do not specifically impede movement. Your inability to move is not because you actually can't move--it's because you can't take standard/move actions.
Being dead also prevents you from moving. So does being within a space in which there is physically no room to move. Freedom of Movement doesn't do anything about THOSE, either, even if they're magically caused.

NEO|Phyte
2008-03-31, 11:58 PM

because your movement ISN'T impeded, you just happen to be disoriented or whatever enough that you are unable to DO anything aside from defend yourself It doesn't make you unable to perform actions, it just steals your actions. Its like Lose A Turn or whatever its called in wheel of fortune. You aren't physically restrained from spinning the wheel, but your turn gets skipped.

taigen
2008-04-01, 12:00 AM
The difference between dazed and those conditions are that they are naturally (for the most part) occuring and not part of a spell thats currently effecting the character under freedom of movement.

Daze, Hold Person, and yes.. Celerity are spells cast upon an individual that specifically restrict his movement and actions. The Dazed condition says you can't 'act normally' and FoM says you can 'move and attack normally', how is this not obvious?

So long as the dazed effect is part of a spell, then FoM is going to prevent it.

Wow you people are persistant.. if Dazed doesn't stop me from moveing, then I don't need freedom of movement, because I can move and attack normally. But no, dazed won't let me move and attack normally, so I guess I need a spell that will let me 'move and attack normally' then, luckly there is one. Paralyzed takes away your physical actions too, Freedom of Movement gives them back. Its the same thing. Solid Fog conjures a thick substance that physically keeps you from moveing any faster then 5' a round, but FoM lets you move anyways. If I made a spell called sticky goo, that kept you from moveing, FoM by the example provided by Solid Fog would still let you move, because it would be a case similar to the example given, even though Sticky Goo is not one of the examples given. If a mental state kept FoM from working, it wouldn't work against Hold Person... but yet.. it does.

GoC
2008-04-01, 12:14 AM
Instead of debating FoM why don't you just contact WotC custserv?

Crow
2008-04-01, 12:17 AM
Instead of debating FoM why don't you just contact WotC custserv?

Because he knows what they'll say.

Reinboom
2008-04-01, 12:27 AM
Favor of the Martyr (Spell Compendium) (Paladin 4)
1 min/ level, subject is immune to daze, among other effects.

Renewal Pact (Spell Compendium) (Cleric 7)
Lets you put, more or less, a contingent panacea to cure daze on the subject.

Third Eye Clarity (Magic Item Compendium) (3,000 gp)
1/day, cure daze - among other effects

Incarnate Avatar (Magic of Incarnum) (Soulmeld, Chakra bind as a lawful creature, Incarnate only)
Outright immunity to daze, but, this requires multiclassing

Dragonmarked and the Quick Recovery were mentioned..

I could of sworn I have recently seen another, obscure way. But, I can't seem to recall it.

taigen
2008-04-01, 12:42 AM
Because he knows what they'll say.

If you mean nothing either way... your probably right.

Frosty
2008-04-01, 12:51 AM
As much as I hate to agree with what he's saying, I'm starting to think that by RAW FoM DOES let you move while Dazed, even if you can't attack. Well, what do you know, casters are even more powerful than gave them credit for. yeesh.

Talic
2008-04-01, 01:08 AM
Freedom of movement allows you to move and act normally, and then makes a specific note of conditions that it overwhelms. "Even under the influence of magic that usually impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow, and web"

Not "Even under any condition that would impair your ability to move.

Note, that by the strictest reading of FoM, it does not protect against non-magical Paralysis. Thus, a poison that paralyzes, or a caltrop wound that slows you will still have effect. Because they aren't "magic that usually impedes movement."

Overlord
2008-04-01, 01:12 AM
To say nothing of the fact that giving up a standard action to get rid of a 1-round daze effect is... not as productive as it might be.

But gosh darnit, you are not dazed! :smallbiggrin:

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-01, 01:27 AM
Mark of Dauntless would be the best option, but it requires a true dragonmark to qualify. This limits race choices to human, half-elf, elf, dwarf, gnome, half-orc and halflings. No subraces such as whisper gnome can qualify for dragonmark feats, too bad.

Human's always a solid choice though.

p.s. I remember someone asking whether warforgeds were immune to daze; they're not.

Reinboom
2008-04-01, 01:31 AM
I have forgotten the simplest method of getting rid of it..
Leadership!
With a handy cleric to keep curing it with one of the many number of ways to do so.

Why not put on more cheese?

Crow
2008-04-01, 02:09 AM
If you mean nothing either way... your probably right.

Well then why don't you "put your money where your mouth is" so to speak? Shoot them an email.

Talic
2008-04-01, 02:31 AM
Paralysis does not actually take away your ability to act. You can still take a move action, a standard action, free actions, and swift/immediate actions... Provided they are purely mental. You merely cannot move in any way, shape or form. This is an effect that impedes movement.

Daze prevents you from taking any action at all. You cannot choose to move, attack, fall prone, draw a weapon or potion, or even think, or use a mental only ability. NOTHING. This does not impede your character's ABILITY to move. Your character obviously still can move, as he gains his dex to AC. he just is not allowed to take any actions which result in movement (or anything else).

That is the difference.

Aquillion
2008-04-01, 02:55 AM
Let's see... well, there's a few Dragon Magazine templates (Radiant Creature and Fire-Souled). You might not want Radiant Creature's +3 LA... Fire-Souled is only +1, though, so you can buy it off pretty easily. And you get +4 cha, haste 1/day, minor bonuses to nearby allies, and a few other goodies, too. But it's not as though anyone is actually going to let you use Dragon Magazine templates.

Darrin
2008-04-01, 09:01 AM
Let's see... well, there's a few Dragon Magazine templates (Radiant Creature and Fire-Souled). You might not want Radiant Creature's +3 LA... Fire-Souled is only +1, though, so you can buy it off pretty easily.

Fire-Souled is actually a LA +3 template.

Quick Recovery is probably the easiest method to counter daze, but I'm not sure how easy that Will save is to shrug off consistently. DC is 10 + 1/2 HD or caster level of originator of effect + relevant ability modifier (or Cha if no obvious relevant ability).

Celerity is 4th level, so assuming a 7th level wizard, 18 Int: DC should weigh in around 21 (10 + 7 CL + 4 Int).

Will save at 7th is +5, toss in a PrC for another +2. Hmm... Let's assume Halfing (+1 racial), Wisdom 14 (+2), Iron Will (+2), Discipline Feat (+2, PGF), Detached Trait (+1, UA), Cloak of Resistance +4: +19 total.

So, doable within WBL with only a 5% chance of failure (rolling 1 on a Will save always fails).

Mage Slayer might be an interesting feat... +1 to will saves, and also reduces your caster level by 4. This might nerf your spell effect a bit, but it gives you an effective +5 on your Will save roll without reducing any saves your target has to make. And if you're depending on caster level for damage/effects, it's not like there aren't any ways to increase your caster level.

Douglas
2008-04-01, 10:33 AM
Renewal Pact (Spell Compendium) (Cleric 7)
Lets you put, more or less, a contingent panacea to cure daze on the subject.
This one doesn't work so well. It waits one round before casting the Panacea, by which time the daze has worn off anyway.

Frosty
2008-04-01, 10:37 AM
Darrin, Iron Will is only +2.

Darrin
2008-04-01, 11:40 AM
Darrin, Iron Will is only +2.

Aha, thanks. Post edited.

I also discovered an interesting combo.

Cumbrous Will (Savage Species) gives you the option to add +6 to a Will save, but you become Shaken for the rest of the encounter. Pair this up with Bullheaded (PGF regional feat) for an additional +1 to Will saves, and you're immune to being Shaken.

My interest in immunity to daze is not so much Celerity but the Born of Three Thunders feat from Complete Arcane. Consider this:

1) Start with Snowcasting (Frostburn) and Eschew Materials to add the [cold] descriptor to all your spells.
2) Use Energy Substitution to switch [cold] to [electricity].
3) Use Born of Three Thunders to add [sonic], plus stun and prone effects.
4) Use Lyric Thaumaturge's Sonic Might, spend Bardic Music to add 1d6 sonic damage per spell level.
5) Use Quick Recovery + Cumbrous Will + Bullheaded to make your Will save as a move action.

So long as you have Bardic Music to spend, this adds 1d6 sonic damage per level *and* Fort save or be stunned *and* Ref save or be knocked prone to every spell you can cast that does damage.