PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Do demons/devills dissipate, after they are killed in Material plane?

Pinjata
2017-06-26, 01:14 PM
So, I have a situation where dragon intends to hire a bunch of devils as his strike force. I'd like to know what happens to devils corpses?

thanks

sightlessrealit
2017-06-26, 02:15 PM
So, I have a situation where dragon intends to hire a bunch of devils as his strike force. I'd like to know what happens to devils corpses?

thanks
If they aren't killed on their own plane their bodies disappear and return there.

Draken
2017-06-26, 02:24 PM
Given the soul-body singularity of outsiders and their extraplanar resurrection mechanic, the bodies should probably disappear in some way, how is up to you. Dissipate, ignite spontaneously until nothing but an awful smell and whatever items they were carrying is left, melting down into dirty, useless oil, your pick.

Unoriginal
2017-06-26, 02:27 PM

thanks

Eternal Evil. Outside the Abyss, death is a minor nuisance that no demon fears. Mundane weapons can't stop these fiends, and many demons are resistant to the energy of the most potent spells. When a lucky hero manages to drop a demon in combat, the fiend dissolves into foul ichor. It then instantly reforms in the Abyss, its mind and essence intact even as its hatred is inflamed. The only way to truly destroy a demon is to seek it in the
Abyss and kill it there.

If it dies outside the Nine Hells, a devil disappears in a cloud of sulfurous smoke or dissolves into a pool of ichor, instantly returning to its home layer, where it reforms at full strength

From the MM

Arcangel4774
2017-06-26, 02:32 PM
Specifically (as stated in the monster manual) demons dissolve into ichor, while devils either dissolve into ichor or dissipate in a puff of sulfuerous smoke