PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Reroll (Safer teleportation)

Dr.Manhattan
2017-06-26, 06:17 PM
So I'm trying to use teleport in a small world and I realize that there is a chance that I'll roll poorly and possibly kill the entire team (The world is unexplored and there are places close by that are super lethal to us). So I think to myself, what about a reroll? The chance of it happening twice are small enough for me to feel comfortable with.
So the question is: How can I get a reroll on any dice (or my teleport roll).
I know of the spelltouched feat Accurate Jaunt from UA, the Luck domain (accessible through catalogues of enlightment) and the 2nd level spell Alter fortune spell (PHB 2) .
We also have a level 10 pure cleric (I think he's pure cleric atleast)

P.S. I'm a 10th level wizard/malconvoker (5 levels into malconvoker). Feats are almost full and wealth is lower then usual. All legal 3.5 material is allowed.

Coretron03
2017-06-26, 07:17 PM
The prestige class Wayfarer gives the ability to roll twice for accuracy at level 3,it also lets pick which one you want. You do lose a caster level though, but it does let you teleport further (50% more) with more people (1 per level) with a additional teleport per day. 3 level prestige class, that you can qualify for at 7, entering at 8. From Complete arcane.

Kaleph
2017-06-27, 05:50 AM
Mantle of second chance is cheap (12,000 gp) and very versatile. I haven't the MIC at hand, but I'm quite sure it works on any kind of roll.

Contingency may also work, you get it in 2 levels.

Sooner or later you'll be able to use teleport without error and the problem disappears, so I wouldn't spend too many resources to stabilize the roll.

Also, how many times per day do you want to teleport anyhow?