PDA

View Full Version : Resilient feat

ZorroGames
2017-06-26, 09:26 PM
Forest Gnome DEX Fighter.

Proficient in ST and CO.

Gnome Cunning gives advantage in IN, WI, and CH versus Magic.

Go Resilient DE to "cover the bases" or grab resilient WI to reinforce that ability?

FYSA,

ST 8
DE 16
CO 15
IN 10
WI 10
CH 11

Please do not quibble over stats for abilities, they are what they are. Just go with the flow...

The question is which ability benefits more from Resilient feat.

Gracias.

Vaz
2017-06-26, 09:55 PM
Dude, seriously, just keep it all to one thread.

MeeposFire
2017-06-26, 10:06 PM
Assuming you are staying as a fighter and we are talking just about what is most effective I would probably go with wisdom since it would pair well with your racial ability and fighters have good HP which mitigates to an extent dex saves which mostly involve damage and not status effects. The only exception would be if you are going to go with the shield expert feat in which case the high dex save would work well with the feat to prevent all damage.

ShikomeKidoMi
2017-06-27, 03:44 AM
DEX is nice but I consider WIS and CON to be the two 'must have' saves. Because if you don't have them, sooner or later you'll meet a monster that just instantly drops you out of the fight. DEX saves almost never do that.

So, yes, take WIS. You'll take a bit more damage, but that's why you have high hitpoints and Second Wind. You have features for dealing with damage, you don't have anything that breaks mind-control or paralysis.

Arkhios
2017-06-27, 04:12 AM
Dude, seriously, just keep it all to one thread.

If you can find a rule against his behaviour, please do share. If not, I'd keep my opinions to myself.

Vaz
2017-06-27, 05:19 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=25&a=1

One Topic, One Thread
There should be only one active thread for a specific topic in most cases. Please check and see if there is already an active thread (one that has been posted on in the last 45 days) discussing a topic before posting a new one.

When you've got 4 Threads based on your Gnome Fighter build, I think this applies. It's just so much easier to keep on track of the discussion. Do you realise the irony in posting your opinion telling others to keep their opinion to themself? Pot Kettle Black.

You've got Resilient Dex or Resilient Wis that are the only logical options to take. I'd say neither, personally.

ProsecutorGodot
2017-06-27, 05:19 AM
If you can find a rule against his behaviour, please do share. If not, I'd keep my opinions to myself.

One topic, one thread. Sure it's a "please don't" thing but he doesn't have to make a new thread to ask about proper feat usage when the previous thread was asking about the characters optimization to begin with. Keeping it all in one thread reduces clutter on the page and is generally the best thing to do unless the new thread is to explore a wildly different topic that popped up in the previous.

You are correct that there isn't a rule against it, just a suggestion not to do it.

As per the topic, Dex saves are good. Gnome Cunning should help you enough with the mind controlling saves and off the top of my head I can't think of a wisdom save that doesn't involve magic.

Edit: I hadn't noticed that your wis score was that low, I suppose it would probably be better to shore that one up since your dex is already adequate.