PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Searching for an Undead

legomaster00156
2017-06-27, 09:58 AM
Hi. My PC's recently betrayed and drowned a major NPC villain in stormy waters. Are there any particularly appropriate intelligent undead that these conditions would create?

Zsaber0
2017-06-27, 10:12 AM
Is the Drowned from monster manual 3 intelligent?

Aldrakan
2017-06-27, 10:22 AM
I think there's a sample Worm that Walks somewhere that's made from crabs instead of insects, that could work.

If they're martial oriented they could be a graveknight. If they don't have favored energy type from life it could be a little trickier, not sure what energy matches drowning (cold I guess, or lightning from the storm, but neither are a strong fit).

Psyren
2017-06-27, 11:04 AM
Ghost is simple (and powerful) enough, you can absolutely get one via drowning.

Zsaber0
2017-06-27, 12:59 PM
Pathfinder even has different ghost powers depending on death. One of them has to be drowned.

Segev
2017-06-27, 01:17 PM
Ghost is simple (and powerful) enough, you can absolutely get one via drowning.

You can even flavor it with water dripping off of it, and maybe replace a ghostly power with something that forces a Fort save or a round of drowning. PCs can hold breath using standard rules, and can make a fort save to end it each round, but are nauseated while afflicted.

Palanan
2017-06-27, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by legomaster00156
Are there any particularly appropriate intelligent undead that these conditions would create?

The Floodslain (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/floodslain-creature-cr-1/) template seems very appropriate here.

Undead type, no hit to intelligence, seems pretty solid for CR+1.