PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf urdvaerg abilities

markyboy156
2017-06-28, 03:00 AM
Urdvaergs
Extremely rare to be seen, an Urdvaerg is almost regarded as a half-god by other dwarves. It is said they live for thousands of years and that they master every fighting technique possible, as well as the powers of the runes and smithy. They are even told to be able to see the near future. Those few that are allowed to become an Urdvaerg's disciple are destined for great deeds that will change the course of the world. An Urdvaerg prefers to live alone and is seldom seen in any of the dwarf keeps.
The three greatest lords of all dwarves, Dvalinn, Durinn and Motsognir are Urdvaergs.

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE PROVIDE ME INFORMATION ON THIS EXTREMLY RARE RACE URDVAERG REGARDED AS HALF GODS

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY INFO ON THERE RACIAL STATS PLUS A FULL LIST OF THERE ABILITIES AND BACKGROUND

IF NOBODY CAN PROVIDE ANY INFO

COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE PUT TOGETHER A HALF GOD URDVAERG DISCIPLE FOR ME WITH LIST OF RACIAL STATS FULL LIST OF ABILITIES AND BACKGROUND THANKS

BWR
2017-06-28, 04:01 AM
Where to start?

1. You will want to tell people which setting this is so we can more easily narrow down where to find more information
2. Listing complete sets of mechanics is against forum rules (and you didn't even note which system)
3. Don't use all caps. It's really annoying and makes you seem like a shouty kid
4. Don't go around asking other people to make mechanics for you like that. Do your own work and have people critique it. It shows effort on your part and people are more likely to give aid to someone who wants help with something they are doing than to someone who wants other people to do all the work.

Lalliman
2017-06-28, 04:01 AM
Jesus, there's no need for all caps.

I googled Urdvaerg and almost nothing comes up, so I assume this is something you or someone close to you came up with. That makes it pretty hard for us to determine what their stats should be. If you tell us what edition you want the stats for, we can give you some pointers on race creation.

Or if it's supposed to be a pre-existing thing, where did you get it from? Google gives only one page that mentions them, aside from this one, and there's no info there.

markyboy156
2017-06-28, 05:15 AM
Jesus, there's no need for all caps.

I googled Urdvaerg and almost nothing comes up, so I assume this is something you or someone close to you came up with. That makes it pretty hard for us to determine what their stats should be. If you tell us what edition you want the stats for, we can give you some pointers on race creation.

Or if it's supposed to be a pre-existing thing, where did you get it from? Google gives only one page that mentions them, aside from this one, and there's no info there.

i no i only found 1 page as well

its 3.5 edition d&d

i want in peoples opion a urdvaerg dwarf race made up by sombodey they must be very powerful other dwarves see them as half gods only a rare few in exeistence capable of changing the world

from the midgard norse setting

markyboy156
2017-06-28, 05:23 AM
Urdvaergs
Extremely rare to be seen, an Urdvaerg is almost regarded as a half-god by other dwarves. It is said they live for thousands of years and that they master every fighting technique possible, as well as the powers of the runes and smithy. They are even told to be able to see the near future. Those few that are allowed to become an Urdvaerg's disciple are destined for great deeds that will change the course of the world. An Urdvaerg prefers to live alone and is seldom seen in any of the dwarf keeps.
The three greatest lords of all dwarves, Dvalinn, Durinn and Motsognir are Urdvaergs.

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE PROVIDE ME INFORMATION ON THIS EXTREMLY RARE RACE URDVAERG REGARDED AS HALF GODS

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY INFO ON THERE RACIAL STATS PLUS A FULL LIST OF THERE ABILITIES AND BACKGROUND

IF NOBODY CAN PROVIDE ANY INFO

COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE PUT TOGETHER A HALF GOD URDVAERG DISCIPLE FOR ME WITH LIST OF RACIAL STATS FULL LIST OF ABILITIES AND BACKGROUND THANKS

midgard norse setting 3.5 edition

Vaz
2017-06-28, 05:24 AM
http://midgardsaga.mine.nu/index.php

This is homebrew.

Lalliman
2017-06-28, 06:26 AM
i want in peoples opion a urdvaerg dwarf race made up by sombodey they must be very powerful other dwarves see them as half gods only a rare few in exeistence capable of changing the world
Ok but, what does that mean? Urdvaerg are powerful and are revered by other dwarves. Doesn't any high-level dwarf fit that description? Since being powerful seems to be their only descriptor, why would you need a racial template for that? Just take a high level dwarf and call it an Urdvaerg.

It seems like you don't really know what you're looking for.

BWR
2017-06-28, 06:32 AM
Linguistically, urdværg means "ancient dwarf/dwarf of ancient times" or "original form [of] dwarf", possibly "source [of] dwarf" if you really want to twist i, so it does make sense to have them be something other than a high-level dwarf.

Psyren
2017-06-28, 08:36 AM
So, Dwarf Paragon?

Also, caps lock

LibraryOgre
2017-06-29, 12:15 PM
The Mod Wonder: Moved.

Hackulator
2017-06-29, 12:17 PM
So, Dwarf Paragon?

Also, caps lock

Probably this.

Zaq
2017-06-29, 08:37 PM
If you want to turn existing critters into something like this, you could do worse than to start with the Dwarf Ancestor (MM4, pg. 52) or, even better, the Midgard Dwarf (Frostburn, pg. 124).

Grod_The_Giant
2017-06-29, 08:45 PM
If you want to turn existing critters into something like this, you could do worse than to start with the Dwarf Ancestor (MM4, pg. 52) or, even better, the Midgard Dwarf (Frostburn, pg. 124).
I'd say the Ancestor is probably better; the Midguard Dwarf has crafty stuff, which is dwarf-y but not exactly godly, a fluffy plot-curse, and a bizzare shapeshifting ability. The Ancestor, on the other hand, is strong, buffs nearby dwarves, and has those massive NA and DR bonuses. Take that and slap on a bunch of... let's say Crusader levels, focused on Stone Dragon stuff. That oughta make a pretty good power-dwarf.