PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Assassin? (3.5)

flappeercraft
2017-06-28, 01:03 PM
So I came up with a new character concept about 5 minutes ago and I wanted to hear from the playground on how to execute it. An assassin that a difference from the typical assassin instead of killing you himself makes you suicide and willingly preferably. Any ideas on how to do it? The assassin PrC is not even necessary.

I'm thinking this could be done better with a Bard who focuses on Diplomacy and Bluff (Using Glibness obviously). Maybe with some psionics for Death Urge power.

ATHATH
2017-06-28, 01:16 PM
Make a diplomancer. 'Nuff said.

Waker
2017-06-28, 02:08 PM
Sounds like someone who can manipulate emotions (fear or sorrow) or sensation (pain). Beguilers, bards, and other mage types who specializes in enchantment and illusion could work.

Inevitability
2017-06-28, 03:16 PM
Black Karma Curse is only 2nd-level and can be found on both the cleric and sorcerer/wizard spell lists. Beguilers can also grab it with Advanced Learning.

ATHATH
2017-06-28, 05:44 PM
Step 1: Plug ears.
Step 2: Play <Insert Band Here> music.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

Waker
2017-06-28, 05:48 PM
One other approach you could try would be to use illusory spells to confuse the target. Basically play "The Floor Isn't Lava". You could encourage a target to defenestrate themselves, drink down a nice, cool glass of acid or get into a tickle fight with a bear.

Vizzerdrix
2017-06-28, 06:39 PM
Prestadigitation to mask the flavor of salt water and take them out sporting. Then watch as they drink until they burst.

Thurbane
2017-06-29, 06:05 AM
How about a Death Urge wielding Psychic Assassin (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723d)?

Or better yet: Beguiler/Psion/Cerebremancer build? You get access to Glibness and Death Urge, and if you're Human, Able Learner will let you make the most of the Beguiler's excellent set of social skills. With Versatile Spellcaster, you only need to dip a single level in Beguiler.

Beguiler 1/Psion 3/Cerebremancer X

Feats:
Human - Able Learner
1st - Versatile Spellcaster

molten_dragon
2017-06-29, 06:16 AM
Make a diplomancer. 'Nuff said.

That only works if the DM is allowing epic skill usage, which most DMs are smart enough not to do.

Eldariel
2017-06-29, 06:45 AM
Limited Wish to 1-round appropriate Geas. No save to boot. Also the psionic Death Urge power sorta works.

Inevitability
2017-06-29, 07:19 AM
Limited Wish to 1-round appropriate Geas. No save to boot. Also the psionic Death Urge power sorta works.

While a geas cannot compel a creature to kill itself or perform acts that would result in certain death, it can cause almost any other course of activity.

Fairly sure the spell can't be used in that way.

Thurbane
2017-06-29, 07:46 AM
A couple more spell options I have found: Puppeteer (SC, Bard 3) can cause suicidal actions, but allows a new save; Plague of Nightmares (BoVD, Corrupt 8) says "..the subject eventually turns to suicide", but it's mainly mentioned as fluff text. The eventual effect is "... enters a trance in which he mentally offers his soul to a demon to be devoured." Nasty.

Eldariel
2017-06-29, 09:04 AM
Fairly sure the spell can't be used in that way.

Yeah, that's true. I was thinking about the stacking penalties failure to comply would accrue, essentially killing the target out of their own (in)action. Though the paltry 3d6 hardly even registers...

Inevitability
2017-06-29, 11:59 AM
"Oh dear, it appears that you've recently contracted mummy rot. I suggest you drink this 'potion'."

Also, don't use something as unreliable as poison for the elixer in question. No, make it a Potion of Painless Death. No saving throws, no Spell Resistance, and not even Death Ward helps here. Not being alive arguably does, but even then it depends how your DM defines 'death'.

Telonius
2017-06-29, 12:15 PM
Honestly, I'm liking the "Illusion" ideas better; it's easier to cover you tracks and leave less evidence that way. If the recently deceased remembers a spell being cast on them, somebody giving them a glass of poisoned wine, or even somebody giving them advice, the investigators are only a Speak with Dead away from being on your trail. But if the person genuinely doesn't know how they died, that's one less low-level way to get caught.