PDA

View Full Version : Level 20 Game

chrisgray86
2017-06-28, 07:16 PM
Ok guys I'm going to host a level 20 game for my 4 of my friends its just a one of for one night they are generating level 20 characters for a show up blow up game. Here is what I'm thinking Have them blow up some demonic hoards then taking a hell gate and moving on to hell to blow things up. Now I will admit that I have only played but never actually DM a game so any tips would be helpful. We are a really close group of friends and its something we just wanted to try and told them I wanted to try and run it. So anything you guys could offer would be great I didn't really see anything like this searching. I figured I would do two different types of encounters several hoard and army battles and a few big boss battles.

Specter
2017-06-28, 10:18 PM
If you're a new DM, you should probably stick to the Material Plane, because the structure of those other places can totally bamboozle you. Maybe these demons are too powerful and decided to take control of the humans, thinking no one can stop them?

Kane0
2017-06-29, 04:16 AM
Go big or go home.
Its a throwaway game, thats the best time to give things a try and get your feet wet.
Fly by the seat of your pants and check the rulebook when youre done to see how you went.

Byke
2017-06-29, 08:25 AM
Go big or go home.
Its a throwaway game, thats the best time to give things a try and get your feet wet.
Fly by the seat of your pants and check the rulebook when youre done to see how you went.

I have to agree with this. the game starts to break down when 9th spells and legendary items are involved. Let your players unleash the best they have. Also have fun DMing and going all out with the baddies :)