PDA

View Full Version : Strip number 500...

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-06, 01:07 AM
...should be an absolutely legendary strip. It's halfway to 1000 and it deserves something incredibly epic. A glorious update of grand proportions. I'm talking about maybe octuple (x8) length, seriously. I will be majorly disappointed if strip 500 isn't huge.

What do you all think?

Yeril
2007-08-06, 01:12 AM
Im gonner assume its gonner have a splash page of the Pcs on the boat leaving and veiwing the burning city

Icewalker
2007-08-06, 01:25 AM
Go take a look at strip #100. Maybe that'll change your expectations.

Shatteredtower
2007-08-06, 01:30 AM
I'm kind of hoping it will be a fourth-wall breaking intermission strip, with the characters taking a casting break to answer some questions.

Not exactly explosive, but I'd rather Mr. Burlew avoided self-destructing in and attempt to top himself once again. Besides, it goes well with the fact that he's about to take a much needed break.

Yeril
2007-08-06, 01:40 AM
ooh Id love to see more Ask the Oots :P

Dimitri
2007-08-06, 01:50 AM
What if the Giant took his very well-deserved break right after #499, and when he came back, he gave us a completely awesome 500th Anniversary strip as a way of saying, "I'm back, baby!"

That'd be cool.

Scarab83
2007-08-06, 01:51 AM
I like the big, 1 panel, splash pages. Except for the wonkiness that creates with the coloring.

Forealms
2007-08-06, 02:01 AM
My beliefs, in convenient spoiler form.

Redcloak will die, with any luck. I know he has fans, but I'm thinking he'll be kicking his last bucket pretty soon.

Actana
2007-08-06, 02:35 AM
What we need is a major cliffhanger in strip 499. And the 500th strip would have another intermission. I demand to know what happened to Soda and Popcorn after Milk Dudes died! :smallbiggrin:

Kjata
2007-08-06, 02:47 AM
What we need is a major cliffhanger in strip 499. And the 500th strip would have another intermission. I demand to know what happened to Soda and Popcorn after Milk Dudes died! :smallbiggrin:

That, my friend, is probably the best strip EVER made. I laughed for like 5-6 minutes after reading that for the first time. Then the second. Oh my god.

Siwenna
2007-08-06, 06:24 AM
I also think it would be great if we had an epic 500th strip, if not in length in plot, etc. At this point it looks like 500 will be the end of the story arc, so it would be fitting. But if it is not that I won't be too terribly dissapointed. OOTS is good enough on a regular basis that a regular quality strip would not be a dissapointment.

BobTheDog
2007-08-06, 07:34 AM
Go take a look at strip #100. Maybe that'll change your expectations.

I agree. We'll probably see some almost-filler strip where Roy's soul travels from the material plane to whatever afterlife awaits him. Then as he finds out he has and eternity of happiness and bliss waiting for him, he's called by Durkon (a cell phone, perhaps?) and grudgingly agrees to return, bitching about being Lawful etc.

Fitzclowningham
2007-08-06, 08:29 AM
Roy should be alive in #500. I'm curious to see how the Giant handles the special effects/Roy leaving the afterlife, etc.

Wrecan
2007-08-06, 09:14 AM
My guess is that Roy comes back to life in 500. My guess is also that Roy's trip through the afterlife will be the subject of Rich's next book and will include lots of outsiders and deceased characters. Roy will encounter his dad (of course), his mom, Miko, Samantha and pa, Sabine, Celia. Heck, even Trigak might make an appearance!

Eldred
2007-08-06, 09:22 AM
Maybe the cliffhanger will be:

Julia receiving the Blood Oath of Vengence. I mean, it passes down the family line. Now that Eugene and Roy are both dead, the oath will have passed on now, right?

WuanAnselm
2007-08-06, 10:11 AM
That is, assuming that the Comic will be reaching 1000 strips in the first place :smallbiggrin: We know that Rich isn't going to continue it forever but hopefully it will be that long :smallwink:

Scorpina
2007-08-06, 10:15 AM
Im gonner assume its gonner have a splash page of the Pcs on the boat leaving and veiwing the burning city

That'd be what you'd expect, yes... but then, that's as good a reason as any for Mr. Burlew to do something completely different.

jpnuar1
2007-08-06, 11:54 AM
What if the Giant took his very well-deserved break right after #499, and when he came back, he gave us a completely awesome 500th Anniversary strip as a way of saying, "I'm back, baby!"

That'd be cool.No offense anyone, but I'm hoping the strip ends long before its 500th anniversary. As a human, I don't have that high of a life-expectancy...

Defiled_Knight
2007-08-10, 08:45 PM
Everything you need to know

yes, :redcloak: will die but not in this arc he will die maybe later on near the end of Oots
I End my post

--------------Cut Here-------------

JaxGaret
2007-08-10, 11:00 PM
That, my friend, is probably the best strip EVER made. I laughed for like 5-6 minutes after reading that for the first time. Then the second. Oh my god.

We have become like unto tiny refreshing GODS!!!

...is one of my favorite lines, ever. I as well spent many minutes crying laughing over that.

Icewalker
2007-08-11, 04:22 AM

Redcloak will die, with any luck. I know he has fans, but I'm thinking he'll be kicking his last bucket pretty soon.

SoD proves otherwise.

Well, proves may not be the right word. Nonetheless, not anytime soon.

kpenguin
2007-08-11, 04:33 AM
...should be an absolutely legendary strip. It's halfway to 1000 and it deserves something incredibly epic. A glorious update of grand proportions. I'm talking about maybe octuple (x8) length, seriously. I will be majorly disappointed if strip 500 isn't huge.

Maybe not octuple, but I do remember Rich saying that he might make a five page comic (which I'm going to be holding you accountable for, Mr. Burlew! :smallyuk:)

r2e
2007-08-11, 04:57 AM

After reading SoD I highly highly doubt this.

Deme
2007-08-11, 12:37 PM
We have become like unto tiny refreshing GODS!!!

...is one of my favorite lines, ever. I as well spent many minutes crying laughing over that.

I was laughing just reading that completely out of context.

Seriously, though? I have no idea what to expect. Every time you think you know what you're getting, it turns out you're wrong. we'll find out in another 19 strips. (is that number right? my math is...questionable.)

Bluesilver
2007-08-11, 12:51 PM
I too think it will be Roy coming back.